Grrh..

IMG_2103_2430ed.jpg

IMG_2099_2426.jpg

IMG_2080_2409.jpg

IMG_2053_2383.jpg

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Butterfly, how do you get such clear shots through the windshield? No glare, no bugs not even rain spots on the shot of the oncoming trucks. How close to the glass do you get when shooting?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Grouman's
IMG_0092a.jpg

Delivered to that tall round building.
There's a white pickup crossing the intersection right
under that green light. Welcome to Hollywood and Vine.
IMG_0089a.jpg

Around the corner from Grouman's Chinese Theater you'll find a magical place. You have to be a magician to enter.
Well, that or a Con-Way Freight driver.
IMG_0093a.jpg

No, Officer, I was not taking pictures while driving around Beverly Hills. I would never do such a thing.
Why do you ask?
IMG_0086a.jpg

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Two cars, two horses, three satellite dishes.
And Christmas lights on the teepee.
Crow Indian Nation, Montana

IMG_0027a.jpg

Just outside Brainerd, MN. What the heck is that?
Picture002aa.jpg

Ah, an Osprey
Picture003aa.jpg

Digital Zoom Sux
IMG_0001a.jpg

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Hey Turtle did you see any of these HUGE parakeets while you were down there? They sure are noisy buggers!

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 5

Falligator

Expert Expediter
I caught up with Turtle in Texas and shined a light by the 1000 Islands Bridge in New York.

Last edited:

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
I don't get any closer than sitting in the passenger seat really. I do have a good camera, so that makes a difference I'm sure. I do have some pics with some bugs, or a reflection or something, but usually thanks to my dear husband...our windows stay really clean. I found a setting for taking the pictures pretty well while moving down the road, I was actually quite surprised at how clear some of them show up. I take them so fast...I just shoot tons of things real quick while we're driving by, and pick out the decent ones. Sometimes they look a little grainy but it's probably due to the setting I have it on. I just started taking pictures, and really don't know that much.

Here's a couple more.

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_1256.jpg

IMG_1237.jpg

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Just wanna say I'm enjoying all the photos, and thanks to Mike for inspiring others to share - y'all rock! :)

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
Wow Some really great stuff here!
Feeling so humble about now:eek:

I've always thought that it's what's in front of the camera and not the person behind it that makes for a good photo. It's hard to take a bad one in the Garden of the Gods. I guess the person has something to do with it, but with scenery like this, even an amateur like me can get some good shots.

Photography is like golf with me. You can play a bad round of golf and there will always be those two or three really good shots you hit that will keep you coming back. I tend to shoot everything in sight and sort them out later. When I get to my computer and start looking at them, there will be a few good ones in the mix and I just discard the rest. One of these days (when the van is paid off) I'm going to get a decent camera with a few bells and whistles. I mainly use a Norcent 8mp digital and a Pentax 35mm. The Pentax gets some incredible shots, but for posting things online, I use the digital because developing the film and then scanning the pictures would be a bit of a hassle.

moose

Veteran Expediter
I- 80 in W.Y ,
a frozen Fog , and the sunrise that follow...

Moose.

Last edited:

moose

Veteran Expediter
This is amassing ,
bubble click on the Pict. and look closely .
what do you see ?
Valley of Death , in C.A.

Moose.

Last edited: