Bolt express is a freaking joke...ruining our business

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Day after tomorrow's 65cpm load is today's 45cpm load... in some cases... depending on what your fixed costs are. Waiting 24 hours for that "better" load can mean the effective pay on the load drops 10cpm.. 15cpm.. 20cpm.. depending on fixed costs and load variables. Cheap freight is cheap freight but full rate freight can also be cheap freight depending on how long you waited for it.

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
MY BAD ya'll just nevermind about what was posted earlier, and I apologize for bashing Bolt...I just must think differently, hope ya'll are safe out on the road, and hope I havn't made any enemies out there cuz Im a good guy I promise you that...Just SORRY!!!:D

MSinger

Expert Expediter
Hang in there TJ. We all know how frustrating it is right now. Here in central Indiana gas took a 20 cent per gallon hike this morning. Nothing like higher fuel prices with lower payrates. I hope something changes soon.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
MY BAD ya'll just nevermind about what was posted earlier, and I apologize for bashing Bolt...I just must think differently, hope ya'll are safe out on the road, and hope I havn't made any enemies out there cuz Im a good guy I promise you that...Just SORRY!!!:D
No worries ... I was in a somewhat similar position as you apparently, earlier this summer - stuck down in the southwest for about 3 or 4 weeks it seemed like, with temps in the triple digits nearly every day .... either TX, AZ, or NM ..... and loads were alot more fewer and far between than I would have liked.

It was incredibly frustrating.

My apologies for my responses ... they were overly harsh, and probably not particularly helpful. At any rate, there were some thoughtful and good responses from others to the issues you raised.

Last edited:

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Hang in there TJ. We all know how frustrating it is right now. Here in central Indiana gas took a 20 cent per gallon hike this morning. Nothing like higher fuel prices with lower payrates. I hope something changes soon.

Don't want to hijack this thread but I have an Indiana Diesel Question :eek:
If I use the fleet card Ceva gave me they charge me tax so it is more then pump price, this comes out of my settlement
If I use my personal credit card or cash I pay the exempt diesel pump price
So who gets charged the taxes when I pump exempt diesel? Am I gonna get a big tax bill at the end of the year is it charged to Ceva?
If I don't get charged those taxes might as well use my card or cash in Indiana since the diesel is cheaper by about .20 to .30 cents .
I am under 26000 under CDL so am I supposed to pay these taxes? I have no idea :eek:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Tj, its all good! I don't anyone takes this stuff personal well except in the "soapbox"..lol...You don't need to tell us you are a good gu, those of us that have met you face to face know that...sitting ans waiting for loads is the hardest part of this business...it gets to all of us at some point....thats why i "cut and paste as i do, while i may be crazy, it keeps me from goin insane...waitin, and waitin...:D

Have a good day, and quit sitting in the same places sooo long, go look for another good place to watch football!!:D

jj214

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Some very thoughful comments on this thread. In this time of lower freight rates it is more important than ever to not just consider the rate you are offered, but where it will take you. I will haul cheaper frieight into Chicago, knowing I will be loaded the following day. I will turn down a better paying run to Northern Michigan knowing very little freight will be coming out of there. FYI - I spend very little time waiting at the truck stops for runs. The amount of BS in just incredible. I cannot believe how many drivers I have met that have "cussed out" Cops, Dispatchers, Receivers, Shippers, the owner of their company and they still have their jobs!

BULLRUSH

Expert Expediter
If they are bidding loads even when there are no BOLT trucks around and getting the bids the 1st time they can't cover that bid should send a message to that carrier.ps If their outsourcing that cheap rate who in their right mind would even take it.

eggd1ver

Seasoned Expediter
When we talk about monopolizing a biss. that is illegal just ask microsoft. Does any body on here think that if someone was trying to do this that one of the big carryers wouldn't file a law suite agnist them for that. Let bolt run there biss. the way they think they should and let them make it or fall. this is free enterprise what our country is built on.

RICK & IDA
PANTHER DRIVERS::D

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hey People,

When I was Driving for CTX (1998-2002) myself before I hired a Driver, I had been dispatched to Chryslser in Lansing, MI going to Birmingham, AL. I was given this load due to that I had to be in Atlanta, for the IRS Tax Forum that started on Tues.

When I was dispatched, and they told me the rate was $.70 prior to going to Lansing, I told them I will not run it for less than the economy Rate, which at that time was $1.00 per mile. They said "OK"

Went to the Chrysler Plant in Lansing, Checked in with the Guard, He gave me the Freight, It was Friday After 3 PM. and they did not have a 2nd shift. Signed for it and went back in to the Van, I left Chrysler's Lot, and parked outside about a block away, Sent a message to dispatch, that I picked up the Freight, Then after I sent the message I got a returned message saying that the load was cancelled. As a FED EX CC VAn was pulling up. I called Dispatch immediately and told them that I had already picked up the load, and had it.

They said run with it. and I did.

I went over to the FED EX Van to see what was going on and he said he was there to pick up the same load at $.70 a mile. After all the confusion, we went for dinner together. He went home and I started for Birmingham.

This is just to point out that the double brokeing of loads is not a new item. and it is not Illegal.

Frank

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Hey People,

When I was Driving for CTX (1998-2002) myself before I hired a Driver, I had been dispatched to Chryslser in Lansing, MI going to Birmingham, AL. I was given this load due to that I had to be in Atlanta, for the IRS Tax Forum that started on Tues.

When I was dispatched, and they told me the rate was $.70 prior to going to Lansing, I told them I will not run it for less than the economy Rate, which at that time was $1.00 per mile. They said "OK"

Went to the Chrysler Plant in Lansing, Checked in with the Guard, He gave me the Freight, It was Friday After 3 PM. and they did not have a 2nd shift. Signed for it and went back in to the Van, I left Chrysler's Lot, and parked outside about a block away, Sent a message to dispatch, that I picked up the Freight, Then after I sent the message I got a returned message saying that the load was cancelled. As a FED EX CC VAn was pulling up. I called Dispatch immediately and told them that I had already picked up the load, and had it.

They said run with it. and I did.

I went over to the FED EX Van to see what was going on and he said he was there to pick up the same load at $.70 a mile. After all the confusion, we went for dinner together. He went home and I started for Birmingham.

This is just to point out that the double brokeing of loads is not a new item. and it is not Illegal.

Frank

It's illegal if the original company does not want it double brokered.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
TN Hawk wrote:

It's illegal if the original company does not want it double brokered.

Illegal as in there is a state and / or federal statue that a company would be violating or as it may be in violation of a contracted agreement?

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Unethical perhaps,but not illegal. C'mon, you know better than that...

Apparently, we're both right. While it is not illegal for a motor carrier to double broker, it is for a broker (non-motor carrier) to pass itself off as a motor carrier, then double broker without the consent of the original broker or shipper.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
"IF" Bolt Express is so difficult to be contracted to why are the clear majority of O\O who drive for Bolt posting positive comments?.:rolleyes:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
"IF" Bolt Express is so difficult to be contracted to why are the clear majority of O\O who drive for Bolt posting positive comments?.:rolleyes:

It is mind over matter....

If you don't mind..it does not matter...

Everyone has their little nag points....add up the nag points that matter to you and subtract the positive points...and viola..!:D

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter

There are those who have positive comments about companies who pay $1.10 a mile. Just means their happy making $1.10. Not saying Bolt is a bad company by any means... but that contractors have been known to be weird. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.