August locations...

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Its not like you are a drug addict or alcoholic stealing her SSI check. If I were single and driving I wouldn't have a house but I might start saving for one in the future. If I felt the need to be in one place for a little while I would go somewhere cool and get a room at one of those hotels with weekly rates. Having a house comes with to many potential issues like a broken pipe that could destroy your investment.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

She doesn't get an SSI check yet, but when she does I'll have my sights honed in on it! I looked into getting a room at those value place type of hotels. Those places would be cool if the rooms were 100% sound-proofed, which they are not!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hotels are not ideal. I get tired of hearing the chink of numerous slamming doors, people walking throughout the halls above me, and the endless sound of vacuuming every morning. Some Hotel rooms are so bad, they make going back into the van a welcome thought. If you want a good hotel, you need to go to a business hotel like Drury, but those are expensive and the people who frequent them usually turn their noses up at you when they see you unpacking your things from the van.

Most Drury inns take CLC. They can be a real good buy compared to other chains. They have enough free food that it cuts the cost of your stay. Many have fenced in parking and no one has ever turned up their nose at our straight truck. It is often less expensive to use one than having to idle to keep cool in extreme heat.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Dropped in Georgetown, KY Toyota plant. Must be 5 or 6 Boltvans that are here and a few others. Off to la la land!!

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Hotels are not ideal. I get tired of hearing the chink of numerous slamming doors, people walking throughout the halls above me, and the endless sound of vacuuming every morning. Some Hotel rooms are so bad, they make going back into the van a welcome thought. If you want a good hotel, you need to go to a business hotel like Drury, but those are expensive and the people who frequent them usually turn their noses up at you when they see you unpacking your things from the van.

Who cares if they turn their noses up, are you trying to impress someone you'll never see again?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I am at the point that id rather sleep in my van then in a hotel room...yea ill get one from time to time, but not often at all..most of the time if i get a room it is because i have freight all the way to the back of the seats and i have taken the bed down and have no where to sleep...lol..i am at the point, i sleep better in the bed in the van then in the bed at home...;)

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Got a load for tonight from Russell Springs, KY to Romeo, MI. 421 loaded at $1/mi. :D

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Got a load for tonight from Russell Springs, KY to Romeo, MI. 421 loaded at $1/mi. :D

Come on now you said there are 5 or 6 Bolt vans waiting in Georgetown, you give that load to one of them.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We just unloaded near Pittsburgh. We are at the TA in Breezewood. I am headed in for a shower. We have to leave at 13:30 for a load going from MD to KY. I am going to have to see about a 34 REAL SOON.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Dropped off in Romulus, MI and getting lunch at Denny's south of Toledo at the J. Going OOS til Monday then back at it for another month.

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
Binghamton, NY headed to Ct. Been busy. St. Louis to Toronto dropped off yesterday. Minnesota to Kansas City before that. Pre-dispatched for tomorrow. :)

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Binghamton, NY headed to Ct. Been busy. St. Louis to Toronto dropped off yesterday. Minnesota to Kansas City before that. Pre-dispatched for tomorrow. :)

Looks like the wheels have been moving.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I unloaded at Toyota also at 8 pm last night , did a 19 and 4 spr. and 5 cvs ahead of me, headed out of there . The gate guards said there was more than a dozen bolt vans in there yesterday ( weds ) I went north , sitting no. 3 NEED some BIGGER miles been a little too inconsitent the last 2 weeks. Oh yeah CAN'T get a load headed west of the FT. Wayne , In. parallel . I might have to pull a O V M and just head HOME to Iowa on my DIME. LOL ;)

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Last night after I unloaded 69,999,99990 hours er-early, Drove over to the pilot in Cottondale, AL. Dispatched called with yet another 600+ miler. Rate is O V E R the top! Best dispatch in the whole wide world, way to go YEEEEEAH, HOOOOOO greatest company in the world! Way to go- hehehehehe-slap-heh-slap-slap.....snap out of it Steady.....whew, hey thanks, for a minute there I thought I was with Load-1.....

\Sitting at home waiting for the coffee to get done then off to the drop. Should be able to unload this one 30,987.9 hours early.....wait...stop...don't slap me anymore......I'm ok....should be 12.0 hours early. See, I'm ok......200 miles down....420 to go....