August locations...

paullud

Veteran Expediter
At the Pilot in Toledo, luckily the other 2 Bolt drivers that were ahead of me didn't want to make over $150 today, not that it is the greatest but it sure is better than nothing.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
Paul,

How does it work with Bolt if there is a localish run and multiple drivers in a location. If #1 accepts the load, does he get bumped to #3? Or does he stay at #1?

everyone else,

what's it like at your carrier?

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Paul,

How does it work with Bolt if there is a localish run and multiple drivers in a location. If #1 accepts the load, does he get bumped to #3? Or does he stay at #1?

You lose your position once you take a load, no first outs. Well I got a first out once but it was because someone that sent me to get a load didn't look at the measurements correctly so I couldn't take that load.

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
curios, would you take $150 load if you were #2 and been there just under 24 hours? What if you were #2 and over 36 hours in? Mostly curios as I try to run fictional scenarios in my head to see what is more profitable. Would the day of the week also be a factor?

paullud

Veteran Expediter
curios, would you take $150 load if you were #2 and been there just under 24 hours? What if you were #2 and over 36 hours in? Mostly curios as I try to run fictional scenarios in my head to see what is more profitable. Would the day of the week also be a factor?

The way I look at it making $150 and when I say making I am referring to profit, is better than sitting and waiting on something better especially on a Monday. It seems Monday is a slow day in my experience, so I am willing to take lower pay or shorter miles on a Monday. I was in KY and by far the majority of the loads we get in that area are short anyway. I take 95% of loads I am offered because I have only had a few loads that the pay was below .80/mile. Depending on the position I am in I might run for less than .80 but it would need to be a good reason.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Had a load cancel yesterday fom Hammond, IN to Lexington, KY. Got another load from West Chicago, IL to Jefferson City, MO. Had another load this morning that dryran going from Osage Beach, MO to the Nebraska State Fair in Grand Island. So now I'm sitting at the J somewhere west of St. Louis, MO. No earthquakes here.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Got a nice load out of Surges, MI going to Columbus, OH paying over $1/mile. Thanks to chefdennis for the suggestion.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Delivered today north of Boston. Pick up here tomorrow and head for Albany, NY. Deliver there then pick up near there heading for Harrisburg, PA. Busy month. We like it like this! :D

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Got another load going from Perryville, MO to Lexington, KY. Another ¢.70 load. Geez.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Wow another preplan, after del in Columbus got a pu tonight going from Hilliard, OH del direct to Georgetown, KY.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Glad to have been a help Paul...After contracting to Bolt for 4 yrs and living within 5 miles of their yard in Toledo, most of the time i had to DH west to get a load before i would get loaded out of Toledo...

denny2010

Expert Expediter
been very busy since wife has teamed up with me. love the company. been from michigan - north carolina - south carolina - back to north carolina -illinois - michigan - kentucky - now in ohio tomorrow north of boston...going to rest tonight.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Well the second run turned into a dry run because the shipper had closed already but, we were paid $58 to drive 13 miles.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I don't miss all that stuff. I'm happy to be home and I'm going to hang out here until the heat dies down. I've been pulling a few local runs here and there for food money! Plus I gotta do some revamping on the van and some maintenance before I make that final fourth quarter push!

I take it OVM has reclaimed his throne on the Lazy-Boy and has not forgotten where all of the numbers and features are on the remote control "even with his eyes closed!" lol I came home and reclaimed the remote-control from my mother and she almost had a nervous breakdown! I think she is going to take me on the Dr. Phil show so he can ask me why a 35 year old man still lives at home a few months a year. I'll be like "I am an expediter and wherever my van is parked is home, and at this current time my van is parked in front of this house, thus I live here!

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I don't miss all that stuff. I'm happy to be home and I'm going to hang out here until the heat dies down. I've been pulling a few local runs here and there for food money! Plus I gotta do some revamping on the van and some maintenance before I make that final fourth quarter push!

I take it OVM has reclaimed his throne on the Lazy-Boy and has not forgotten where all of the numbers and features are on the remote control "even with his eyes closed!" lol I came home and reclaimed the remote-control from my mother and she almost had a nervous breakdown! I think she is going to take me on the Dr. Phil show so he can ask me why a 35 year old man still lives at home a few months a year. I'll be like "I am an expediter and wherever my van is parked is home, and at this current time my van is parked in front of this house, thus I live here!
Seriously, if a person is single and a serious expeditor, I would see no need for a home, you can stay with family or friends the few times you want to get out of the van or truck, or rent a nice hotel room for cheaper than monthly rent for a place you rarely see.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I think she is going to take me on the Dr. Phil show so he can ask me why a 35 year old man still lives at home a few months a year. I'll be like "I am an expediter and wherever my van is parked is home, and at this current time my van is parked in front of this house, thus I live here!

Its not like you are a drug addict or alcoholic stealing her SSI check. If I were single and driving I wouldn't have a house but I might start saving for one in the future. If I felt the need to be in one place for a little while I would go somewhere cool and get a room at one of those hotels with weekly rates. Having a house comes with to many potential issues like a broken pipe that could destroy your investment.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Hotels are not ideal. I get tired of hearing the chink of numerous slamming doors, people walking throughout the halls above me, and the endless sound of vacuuming every morning. Some Hotel rooms are so bad, they make going back into the van a welcome thought. If you want a good hotel, you need to go to a business hotel like Drury, but those are expensive and the people who frequent them usually turn their noses up at you when they see you unpacking your things from the van.