April 2017 locations & Gossip

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well back in the day of my misspent youth I was a bikers biker(outlaw) yes I have the blacked out tattoo to prove it, but let's get back to my tale, I ended up being shot in the back, woke up in the hospital alone, which is why the tattoo is blacked out. Scar and tattoo go together now.

Sent from my top secret underground bunker.
You think you were tough, one time I hit my thumb with a hammer and cried for an hour

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch
guess-what-i-learned-after-daddy-hit-his-thumb-with-4116930.png

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Just finished a whale of sorts, Duluth, Mn to Riveria Beach, Fl. 1800 + miles, $.67 mi, fuel paid....just drive. Kinda nice to be saddled up again for a while
What are you doing these days, Col? You got the van bug too?

Oh no, no toy trucks for me. Moving some Cranes and other such things about.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Weather man says it's supposed to rain this afternoon..hope he's not wrong this time! You should see Oliver stomping and bucking around his stall..he wants his turn outside! Must be warm in Birmingham cuz April is still outside!

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
And you being the advocate of "get what you can"? Kinda your own worst enemy, perhaps.
even you know this business has gone to the dogs when compared to what was...
the big carriers and brokers are getting exactly what they deserve...it was a mad rush to the bottom...
Which is why I moved to t/t. I saw too many hands in the cookie jar, and decided to change direction. Don't regret that decision a bit. So much less stress.
and the hands are still there...Now I am in a position to see almost just how many hands are in the mix...
when I get loads from EXAMPLE: FedexCC that was from UPS and then we get it from Try Ours....and where did UPS get it from?
Oh, there are plenty of hands there too. But there are still niches to carve as well.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Which is why I moved to t/t. I saw too many hands in the cookie jar, and decided to change direction. Don't regret that decision a bit. So much less stress.

Your driving T/T now? I must have missed that.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
I'm not driving now, per ce, but rather beating cancer. But yeah, I moved to t/t. It's my new groove.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager

Your driving T/T now? I must have missed that.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
I'm not driving now, per ce, but rather beating cancer. But yeah, I moved to t/t. It's my new groove.
Beat that big C into the ground! Sending up a prayer that your treatment is successful! We need you!!!