April 2017 locations & Gossip

1expeditor

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You remember the days we sat together and had a crowd saying.." I' ll never run for less the $1.00...where are they now?
and I have never said that...I've always advocated that one should run at a rate they are happy with and can make what they need to make...we are all different animals out here with different needs and different cost per mile...we are NOT a team...we are INDEPENDENT contractors...
Really I remember a very loud drive less make more campaign you kept pushing. I also remember hearing something about a missing dime many times all right here on this site. I know your memory is better than that.
oh I remember those days as well...all I can say to that is....I was ignorant of all the facts.... and toss in the fact of how this business really changed, MY needs changed...I.... WAS a LOUD advocate for make more, run less...and "Time for the dime" campaign...I remember.....but now Rich....I don't care...I am more of like..."do what you need to survive":)
Well...I am not in expediting anymore I did start in1999 with my cargo van how I ran my butt off for 90cpm no fsc back then I thought that lifestyle and making decent money back then I thought it would last forever I was in it 15yrs and learned so much along the way... and now today? I still read these threads and my heart does go out to all you drivers out there you do what you have to do just 1 opinion

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Really I remember a very loud drive less make more campaign you kept pushing. I also remember hearing something about a missing dime many times all right here on this site. I know your memory is better than that.

No he never said

It's not how many miles you drive, it's how much you drive for...

Whine for the dime.

Run less make more.

Nope never did he say such a thing....

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: ntimevan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

No he never said

It's not how many miles you drive, it's how much you drive for...

Whine for the dime.

Run less make more.

Nope never did he say such a thing....

Your memory is pretty bad too buddy because I did say all that except for it's time for the dime :)

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks to a select few, OVM doesn't really have to remember anything. For the select few remember's all lol.

0d96aa3edbb0feae56bf796569d14aef.jpg

hauling freight from a Pond near you

Perioodic

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Guys I'm only 23, no wife for me!

The gunshot wound was self inflicted, I got a new holster, and I was taking it out of the holster while it was on my waist to adjust the holster and I was an idiot and didn't check the chamber and boom!

I had to have surgery on my leg. I had compartment syndrome (A painful and dangerous condition caused by pressure buildup from internal bleeding or swelling of tissues.) and I had to have a Fasciotomy( Fasciotomy or fasciectomy is a surgical procedure where the fascia is cut to relieve tension or pressure commonly to treat the resulting loss of circulation to an area of tissue or muscle. Fasciotomy is a limb-saving procedure when used to treat acute compartment syndrome.) done.

Pretty much I almost lost my leg and I'm thankful for the surgeon that saved my leg. I have pictures of the wounds, but I don't know if I'm allowed to post them because they're pretty bad.

Perioodic

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If anyone would like to see the pictures feel free to PM me.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Guys I'm only 23, no wife for me!

The gunshot wound was self inflicted, I got a new holster, and I was taking it out of the holster while it was on my waist to adjust the holster and I was an idiot and didn't check the chamber and boom!

I had to have surgery on my leg. I had compartment syndrome (A painful and dangerous condition caused by pressure buildup from internal bleeding or swelling of tissues.) and I had to have a Fasciotomy( Fasciotomy or fasciectomy is a surgical procedure where the fascia is cut to relieve tension or pressure commonly to treat the resulting loss of circulation to an area of tissue or muscle. Fasciotomy is a limb-saving procedure when used to treat acute compartment syndrome.) done.

Pretty much I almost lost my leg and I'm thankful for the surgeon that saved my leg. I have pictures of the wounds, but I don't know if I'm allowed to post them because they're pretty bad.

Just glad Your all right ... a painfull lesson yes .. but a lesson learned ... i was shot in the leg by a friend over 25 years ago ... at night out raccoon hunting with dogs ... just had shot raccoon out to dogs and i was leading my dog and carrying the raccoon ... walked past him and his dog and his dog jumped out trying to grab the dead raccoon from me ... his leash pulled across the top of his rifle and snap fired the hammer on the lever action rifle ... boom my leg was on fire ... luckly i had on thick chaps plus carhart jeans and long underwear as it was about 10° out .. the 22 bullet riped a 3" gash across chaps , jeans and long underwear and just left surface burn/gash on outer thigh muscle ... lol i dropped drawers in the middle of woods to investigate .. wrapped bandage and went back to hunting ... lesson learned my friend traded in his lever action the next week and neither one of us has owned one since ...25 years later ... we both had young kids and thank God it was too cold for them that night ..

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey glad you're ok Periodic. That was the first thing to pop in my mind (self inflicted) but I didn't want to ask.

No judgement. When I was 17, at the beginning of my backyard mechanic career, I was working underneath my 1980 ford F150 jacked up in the driveway. Can't remember if it was sweat in my eyes or dirt, but I rolled out to clear them and a tenth of a second later the jack slipped sideways and the truck ended up sunk a few inches into my DIRT driveway. I knew better too! My head wouldn't have held up a couple tons, I suspect

The fact that you admitted it, awesome!

Get better!

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oh I did forget falling off the roof because I threw a hissy fit. The wife didn't take off on me, she was getting me a coffee. Still not healed

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just glad Your all right ... a painfull lesson yes .. but a lesson learned ... i was shot in the leg by a friend over 25 years ago ... at night out raccoon hunting with dogs ... just had shot raccoon out to dogs and i was leading my dog and carrying the raccoon ... walked past him and his dog and his dog jumped out trying to grab the dead raccoon from me ... his leash pulled across the top of his rifle and snap fired the hammer on the lever action rifle ... boom my leg was on fire ... luckly i had on thick chaps plus carhart jeans and long underwear as it was about 10° out .. the 22 bullet riped a 3" gash across chaps , jeans and long underwear and just left surface burn/gash on outer thigh muscle ... lol i dropped drawers in the middle of woods to investigate .. wrapped bandage and went back to hunting ... lesson learned my friend traded in his lever action the next week and neither one of us has owned one since ...25 years later ... we both had young kids and thank God it was too cold for them that night ..

Well back in the day of my misspent youth I was a bikers biker(outlaw) yes I have the blacked out tattoo to prove it, but let's get back to my tale, I ended up being shot in the back, woke up in the hospital alone, which is why the tattoo is blacked out. Scar and tattoo go together now.

Sent from my top secret underground bunker.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Well back in the day of my misspent youth I was a bikers biker(outlaw) yes I have the blacked out tattoo to prove it, but let's get back to my tale, I ended up being shot in the back, woke up in the hospital alone, which is why the tattoo is blacked out. Scar and tattoo go together now.

Sent from my top secret underground bunker.
You think you were tough, one time I hit my thumb with a hammer and cried for an hour

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch