Anybody using the turbo 3000 fuel saver from TA??

guido4475

Not a Member
I highly recommend the fass system.I had mine bought and installed at pittsbugh power in pittsbugh.They are more expensive than others, but they really do work. Contact pete at pittsbughpower.com for explanation. Mine was around $1,000 installed.My fuel mileage went up 3/4 mpg after I put it on.A real nice system, just like the spinnerll oil centrifuge.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
When we put on the FASS system we took of the Turbo D Vada. The FASS system has done more for us then the Turbo D Vada did and they were not compatable.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Gregg what the turbo will do is lower your fuel rail pressure,in some trucks this will raise fuel mileage others lower it.The FASS system will take the air bubbles out of the fuel,and give you a better burn.Years a go a man in MO contacted me to try a system similar to the FASS,it may be same system.When you put your truck on a dyno,the shop uses the fuel out of their own system,its gravety fed to your motor,no air bubbles,the FASS is suppose to take the air out the fuel to burn the same way,so you get a better burn,therefore better fuel mileage.Thsi is what the guy from MO years ago explained to me.If you call Pitt Power,you will probably get the same answer

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Our fuel mileage dropped using both systems. Bob removed the Turbo D Vada and our fuel mileage started climbing once again.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
As I have said before, if it was as good as they claim, the engine manufacturers would be tripping over each other for the patent. Not just for trucking, but for any type of diesel application. The marine industry would love a fuel saving device. Most of the snake oil in the trucking industry has already been pitched years ago in the marine industry.
When they laughed, they moved to another market.

ds1450

Expert Expediter
I agree w/Dave. Most of that stuff has been tried in many fashions over the years and while some see some improvement, however slight, I could not ever justify a purchase.

However, if you really, really want to see fuel mileage go up, use MotorKote. This has never failed me in anything that I have used it in. Yes, a bit expensive, but lasts forever and if you buy smart from the internet, it's a very good deal. It has saved me money on fuel and I have gotten far better than average wear on motors and transmissions than without it.

I will always use it it all of my motor vehicles and I am a very tough sell. I researched this product 2 years before I bought it. I'll save you all of the boring stuff. It works, it works well and it's money well spent. (No I do not work for the company)

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
I'm confused ... it removes the air bubbles? ... now what was it that diesel mixed with that caused combustion?