Another SAD Fedex driver....sob sob

60MPH

Expert Expediter
Cheri,
Other than Phil, we don't need to talk about our company because we are happy. Phil doesn't seem to get the silence part or others will but normally we don't air our dirty laundry out in the open if we have any.

As x06col mentioned - real adults with a real purpose in the industry, not just playing trucker.

My fear and other's for that matter is the influx of all these FedEx people will bring down our standards and quality of service we give to our customer and carrier.

How true. I personally know a few BCO's and all of them feel this way about the influx of potential contractors. These BCO's are some of the most professional business owners in this industry.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Really? You need only to wait till more of those who post here have joined LandStar.

My view, the FedX bashing has increased since your flip to LandStar.

Cheri,
Other than Phil, we don't need to talk about our company because we are happy. Phil doesn't seem to get the silence part or others will but normally we don't air our dirty laundry out in the open if we have any.

As x06col mentioned - real adults with a real purpose in the industry, not just playing trucker.

My fear and other's for that matter is the influx of all these FedEx people will bring down our standards and quality of service we give to our customer and carrier.

How true. I personally know a few BCO's and all of them feel this way about the influx of potential contractors. These BCO's are some of the most professional business owners in this industry.

Kinda makes ya wonder how many long term Contract Drivers (BCO's-Whatever term makes ya feel all important inside:rolleyes:) are out there right now thinking..... "Gawd, I wish this Phil guy would just shut up already".

Probably more than will admit it....Guaranteed. ;)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Hi Cheri, negative comments about Fedex are not the issue.
Comments made directly to me by certain EO members are.

Aaaah - I see. I can't seem to ignore comments made to [or about] me either, even when I should. It's a character defect, what can I say?

I appreciate your input and I agree.
But that being said,....... it is a lot of fun stirring the pot.:D

There is that, lol. Comments such as "People think FedEx is going down the tubes" are rather amusing, now that you mention it. :D

FREE TO FAIL

Seasoned Expediter
Let me be the first BCO to Jump in and say WHY WONT THIS GUY SHUT UP ALREADY!!! ....... I wish the Fed had not palmed him off on us. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
i left fedexcc in 2003 and fedexcc still never same as when it was roberts express , been with egl/ceva ceva is what roberts express was
we have a well run station

ATeam

Retired Expediter
"It ain't like it used to be" is a common refrain among expediters who have many years under their belts, regardless of carrier and regardless of any carrier changes.

I remember when Diane and I were brand new and how meaningless that statement was when we heard it. Our point of reference was different than the old salts of the time who then said (sometimes complained) that it ain't like it used to be.

Eight years in the business does not make me an old salt but it does provide an expediting past that can be recalled and that is different than the expediting present.

It is helpful to note that today's newbies could care less about how expediting used to be for Diane and me; and that a few years from now, we will look back on these days and say, it ain't like it used to be.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
jdevidts wrote:

Let me be the first BCO to Jump in and say WHY WONT THIS GUY SHUT UP ALREADY!!! ....... I wish the Fed had not palmed him off on us. :mad:

I guess the powers that be at LandStar figured "HE" (THEY) had something to offer that they could use to the benefit of all involved....and i guess they didn't ask any of the BCO's for their opinions either...not like they would matters...:D

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I guess the powers that be at LandStar figured "HE" (THEY) had something to offer that they could use to the benefit of all involved....and i guess they didn't ask any of the BCO's for their opinions either...not like they would matters...:D

Without exception, every BCO Diane and I have talked to in person and by phone, before and after signing on with Landstar, has been welcoming and helpful. Impressed with that, and following their example, we have tried to be the same toward those who signed on after we did. We still have a great deal to learn but try to be helpful when we can.

Last edited:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Phil,
It is not the point of not welcoming you or being friendly but the point is we don't speak of LS like we did for FedEx or Panther or whom ever on forums like this because we don't need to be like the others.

We take a different pride in the work and the carrier, we are not part of a "expediting company" or a Freight Forward company or a package delivery company - we are part of a business which sets us apart from others.

If any of us, BCOs, have to justify a move made by asking others in an open forum or publishing reels of information, then it looks like it is second guessing our decision which can reflect in our way of doing this work, maybe that is what can bother others who see it as a sign of insecurity.

As I said, if there is anything I can help you with as a fellow BCO, I will not hesitate to help you.

JimF51

Seasoned Expediter
Nah, by my experience with Landstar, it is a REAL team, comprised of REAL adult contractors, that are REAL truck drivers and REAL business persons, not just clowns off the street that wanna be a trucker. Also, the agents are REAL business people whom have a vested interest in serving the customer AND contractor equally to make everyone happy.....stead of a hourly paid dispatcher whom prolly has never even leaned on a truck. The combination makes for some happy campers.

Hmmm. So 15 years driving TT, about 1 mil safe miles, but I'm a clown off the street that wants to be a trucker, because I drove for FedEx for a year, and have now chosen to sign on with a different company than Landstar. Guess I know my place, now.

And FWIW, while talking to the Landstar recruiter, she told me they were quite pleased to be getting on the ex FedEx trucks and drivers that pass their app process. So even though the BOC's may not like it, the company does.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
greg wrote:

It really doesn't bother us too much freight to worry about trivial things.

greg wrote:

Phil,
It is not the point of not welcoming you or being friendly but the point is we don't speak of LS like we did for FedEx or Panther or whom ever on forums like this because we don't need to be like the others.

We take a different pride in the work and the carrier, we are not part of a "expediting company" or a Freight Forward company or a package delivery company - we are part of a business which sets us apart from others.

If any of us, BCOs, have to justify a move made by asking others in an open forum or publishing reels of information, then it looks like it is second guessing our decision which can reflect in our way of doing this work, maybe that is what can bother others who see it as a sign of insecurity.

Kinda makes one go Hmmmmm....:rolleyes:

Its ok PHIL...I personally like it, keep poking them with that stick!!! LOL...:D

Last edited:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Thanks for posting all of that, now Phil can see it.

By the way, maybe read all those thousands of LS posts on the forum ... kind of missing something there aren't ya' ... just saying ...