Another SAD Fedex driver....sob sob

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Phil: point taken. However, the representation here [and at most truckstop gatherings] is very heavily skewed towards FedEx & Panther, plus Express 1, TriState, & Bolt. There just aren't that many Landstar people in the usual mix, for whatever reasons.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Phil: point taken. However, the representation here [and at most truckstop gatherings] is very heavily skewed towards FedEx & Panther, plus Express 1, TriState, & Bolt. There just aren't that many Landstar people in the usual mix, for whatever reasons.

Landstar expediters are part of only 250 or so trucks in Landstar's expedite division, Landstar Express America.

teamjdw

Expert Expediter

They probably don't want there contracts cancelled! Loose lip's sink ship's.Don't bite the hand that feed's you.Dog's don't..... where they sleep.:rolleyes:

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Really? You need only to wait till more of those who post here have joined LandStar.

My view, the FedX bashing has increased since your flip to LandStar.

Naw, every carrier gets bashed one time or another. If you go back and read old posts in regards to FedEx, Panther, Tri-state and other carriers, you will read what i'm talking about

ATeam

Retired Expediter
They probably don't want there contracts cancelled! Loose lip's sink ship's.Don't bite the hand that feed's you.Dog's don't..... where they sleep.:rolleyes:

This may be difficult for non-Landstar expediters to believe. It amazed me when I saw it for the first time. When a group of Landstar BCOs (Landstar's name for contractors) gather together in a place where they can talk freely, few if any complaints are voiced against the company.

A friend of Diane's and mine came to Landstar a couple months before us. When he called to welcome us on board, he said repeatedly that he had yet to meet a BCO who had something bad to say about the company. Being brand new and having many other things to think about as we got settled in, I paid little attention to that remark.

Your post brings our friend's remark back to mind. We have been at Landstar two months now. We have talked to a fair number of BCOs in those two months; one-on-one, in small groups, in lunch rooms on training breaks, in the company HQ building, in the orientation centers (where free truck parking, showers and laundry are provided), in truck stop laundry rooms, at loading docks, next to trucks in parking lots, during quick chats in passing and in long visits over dinner, online and other places where truckers commonly chat.

No BCO, not a single one, has talked down the company in any way.

It has nothing to do with loose lips or fear of contracts being terminated. It's simpler than that. Landstar BCOs are happy with their carrier.

I'm sure there are some out there who do talk the company down but, based on our experience, they are few and far between. My guess is that if someone was unhappy with the company, they would find few kindred spirits with whom to commiserate.

They would also find an open door at the company through which they could go to discuss their gripes with whoever the appropriate person may be, up to and including the CEO. Landstar does not have contractor coordinators. They have BCOs and when one feels the need to talk, they have direct access to whoever it is he or she needs to talk to.

That too amazed me when I saw it for the first time. Maybe that's why there is little if any public complaining about the company. Landstar listens to its BCOs and when you feel like you have been heard, there is no further need to talk.

Last edited:

Deville

Not a Member
That is a very good point.
I guess no one leaves Panther or LEM or Load1 or or or or or.
No one is arguing people leave because of change. It is their right and smart business decision to go where the chances of success is better for them.
People leaving Fedex has happened everyday. As with every other
carrier. Hey do you know that some that leave carriers such as Panther, LEM and Load1 end up at Fedex and do well.
GO FIGURE.:cool:

I think most companies have similar issues as FDCC, I think that companies in general all have there own types of issues unique to themselves. I think all companies wether it be contractor based or company driver based are revolving doors. Guys are coming & going all the time for what ever reason.

I have said this before FEDEX has it's pro's & cons. My overall experiance has been good. I have my issues with some of there policies, but I haven't come across what I would consider a significantly better situation that would make me pull my equipment & go some where else.

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Dave: I don't [as the saying goes] have a dog in this hunt, but I can't understand how anyone bashing your carrier makes you look or feel like a second class citizen. Every carrier has it's detractors, and FedEx & Panther don't have more because they're worse, but because they're bigger.
Anyone who has less respect or a worse opinion of someone because the carrier is criticized [rightly or wrongly] is someone whose opinion I wouldn't lose any sleep over.
If you're doing well, just keep smiling - all the way to the bank. ;)

Hi Cheri, negative comments about Fedex are not the issue.
Comments made directly to me by certain EO members are.
I appreciate your input and I agree.
But that being said,....... it is a lot of fun stirring the pot.:D

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army

Nah, by my experience with Landstar, it is a REAL team, comprised of REAL adult contractors, that are REAL truck drivers and REAL business persons, not just clowns off the street that wanna be a trucker. Also, the agents are REAL business people whom have a vested interest in serving the customer AND contractor equally to make everyone happy.....stead of a hourly paid dispatcher whom prolly has never even leaned on a truck. The combination makes for some happy campers.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Cheri,
Other than Phil, we don't need to talk about our company because we are happy. Phil doesn't seem to get the silence part or others will but normally we don't air our dirty laundry out in the open if we have any.

As x06col mentioned - real adults with a real purpose in the industry, not just playing trucker.

My fear and other's for that matter is the influx of all these FedEx people will bring down our standards and quality of service we give to our customer and carrier.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Amen Brother Greg ...... I puzzle why this thread is even here.

(And how LEAM became the focus)

Thanks...

You probably already know this and your post is rhetorical but I have to get some typing in this morning so here goes ...

The thread is here to poke fun at the idea that FedEx is in its twilight which most of us know it isn't and far from it.

LS was/is brought into this by the person who started the FedEx is in its twilight theme and now gets dragged into the conversation for what ever reason when the subject of FedEx is its twilight happens. Dave (dabluzman1) understands this is all about the fun of expediting and poking fun at the idea that FedEx's demise is close at hand because he, among others are making money at FedEx while those great successful ones among all of us who also have great expectations who complain about things like EOBRs leave while making a big deal over their departure.

The sad thing is many read these threads and actually think that FedEx is going down the tubes and make plans to move somewhere else where maybe the same issues are going on there too.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Like you and Phil do?...the usual back and forth? How many years is this feud?

Nope you didn't get that ... so I won't explain - get out your English to Canadian dictionary and read it a while... couldn't think of much more to say than that ..

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nope you didn't get that ... so I won't explain - get out your English to Canadian dictionary and read it a while... couldn't think of much more to say than that ..

It is entertaining to watch you and Phil banter at times...;)

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Thanks...

You probably already know this and your post is rhetorical but I have to get some typing in this morning so here goes ...

The thread is here to poke fun at the idea that FedEx is in its twilight which most of us know it isn't and far from it.

LS was/is brought into this by the person who started the FedEx is in its twilight theme and now gets dragged into the conversation for what ever reason when the subject of FedEx is its twilight happens. Dave (dabluzman1) understands this is all about the fun of expediting and poking fun at the idea that FedEx's demise is close at hand because he, among others are making money at FedEx while those great successful ones among all of us who also have great expectations who complain about things like EOBRs leave while making a big deal over their departure.

The sad thing is many read these threads and actually think that FedEx is going down the tubes and make plans to move somewhere else where maybe the same issues are going on there too.

Jokes just arent as funny when they have to be explained.:D

Hey Buddy can you spare a dime?