Anniversary

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Question for all of you Ladies out there. This coming Friday Sep 21 I will be married 21 years to the same person who is a much better person then me. Now since the 21 years of marriage falls on th 21st day, do I have to do anything special above the normal card and flowers routine.
It's not often that a 21 year marriage will fall on the 21st of a month.
BTW I am cheap.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Rich, you can't go wrong with taking her out to dinner. My wife and I are celebrating 26 years this Wednesday. I am picking her up at the airport that afternoon and we will be enjoying Juicy Lucys and a pitcher of Grain Belt at the 5 & 8 Club before returning home. Do I know how to show a woman a good time or what!

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Hey Rich I am worseless at this! For our 21st anniversary we poured a cement walk and then to tired to even go out for supper. We just dont get to carried away with the day.

are12

Expert Expediter
Hey Rich,

Can't be much help with this one. I am the type that likes things simple. A quiet night watching TV is good enough for me, no gifts, no flowers - maybe a card and a good pizza.:9 :9

Jim has it sooo easy!! :+ :+

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
These are my kind of ladies!! I'm the same Rich, I don't do the fancy stuff. The fanciest we got was our 25th anniversary...our sons got us gift certificates to go sky diving!! We'd have never thought of something like that on our own. LOL

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
>These are my kind of ladies!! I'm the same Rich, I don't do
>the fancy stuff. The fanciest we got was our 25th
>anniversary...our sons got us gift certificates to go sky
>diving!! We'd have never thought of something like that on
>our own. LOL

That is awesome and a testament to how your children feel about you..

Rich,
Theme the day 21 easy.
21 Roses
Write 21 reasons how she made your life great.
Give her 21 personal slave certificates usable for neck or foot massages.
See a sunrise and a sunset together and fill the day with anything she desires to do.
Fly to Vegas and play 21 blackjack.
or just pack a surprise picnic lunch with champagne and 21 chocalate covered strawberries.
Send her on a beer run and moderate the forum???
(just kidding)
##### for ideas try this
http://www.anniversaryideas.com/21st_Wedding_Anniversary.htm
Mike
PS My wife and I divorced after 21 so maybe my advice is a little off kilter.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
How about watching a sunrise,sunset and doing what I want to do. Why is the male always reduced to waiting on the female. Of course if we were a male spider and had a affair with a female spider life would get very interesting
SkyDiving hmmm

ManLaw

Seasoned Expediter
Rich, my friend, it is obvious that after 21 years, you both know how to compromise. The day is about BOTH of you. There HAS to be something you enjoy doing together. Whether it's something she lkes to do and you tag along or whether it's something you like to do and she hangs while you enjoy yourself. Do you both like to fish, or go boating, or poke around antique shops, or maybe just a nice walk along the beach? Do something that each of you likes to do and then something that you enjoy doing together. Whatevr you chose to do, celebrate being together. In todays day and age, a long marriage is quite an accomplishment. CONGRATS to both of you!!

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Rich, congratulations on 21 years!! Remember it is YOUR anniversary, also. Enjoy your time together. I think dinner out and the flowers would be perfect. Maybe talk with the florist - they might could do 21 flowers in an arrangement. Congrats again!!! india

India Hamner
[font color="purple"] FEDEX [/font][font color="blue"]Custom Critical[/font]
D Unit
Every day should be an adventure, not a treadmill.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Hey Rich, your lady might just have 21 somethings planned for you too! ;)

Our "skydiving gift" was actually a dirty trick...The boys kept trying to convince me that I really needed to do this (Steve had no trouble with the idea)and they knew that if it was a "gift" I'd give it a go. LOL

It was a blast and I would go again in a heartbeat!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Rich, after 21 years with you, she probably doesn't expect anything expensive, (or need it, either), so how about something that means a lot, but costs very little? Renewing your vows, with or without witnesses &/or fanfare, whichever way you prefer, is a lovely way to celebrate such a special day.
Congratulations to you & Mrs Moore, and to Moot & Mrs Moot, for an achievement that's worth celebrating!:)

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
Our 50th anniversary is coming up next Oct. My wife wants to go to some place that starts with an "I". I think it either Indianapolis or Ireland. I can't remember. I'm pretty sure it's Indianapolis. Should I check with her to be sure, or surprise her?
:+ :+

AnneM

Recruiter
Recruiter
How about a 21 pack. (24 pk with 3 missing) That would be an awesome gift! IMO anyways.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Terry said: " Get her a new lawn mower"

Now that's MY kind of gift!! I'd love a new lawn mower :7

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Terry knows about our lawn mower. It is an Al Gore special.Do Y'all remember the old push reel mower with no engine. You can still buy them. They use no gas,no electricity,they produce no pollution and only burn calories. I have had teenagers stop buy and look at this lawnmower and want to try it.