America's Social Pillars Falling Like Dominoes.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What exactly is a typical Christian hypocrite?

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

witness23

Veteran Expediter
I'm fortunate that Christ elected to bestow grace on me, through no merit of mine.

You have a choice, either stop your gluttonous ways and make right with Christ or dine on rats, toads and snakes.

Take your own hypocritical advice and stop fulfilling the lust of the flesh.

You could always pray the fat away.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As has been noted repeatedly, as a private organization they aren't required to accept gays. If they really had stones and believed in keeping gays out of the Boy Scouts they would. I suspect they realize that being gay has nothing to do with one's character. If you believe it does then it says more about you than it does the Boy Scouts or Gays .

You just keep reassuring yourself as to what anyone can do against a ceaseless attack and harangue by aggressive, radical activist organizations. As to character, gays span the gamut of character quality and lack thereof just as does every other group. So yes, some of the gays involved are of bad character. My comments though have addressed radicals with agendas intruding where they have no business not character or the lack thereof of said radicals.

whistler

Active Expediter
As to character, gays span the gamut of character quality and lack thereof just as does every other group. So yes, some of the gays involved are of bad character.

I fully agree with this statement.

My comments though have addressed radicals with agendas intruding where they have no business not character or the lack thereof of said radicals.

I am sure you believe this but what you say goes hand in hand with intolerance.

whistler

Active Expediter
What exactly is a typical Christian hypocrite?

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

A personal observation. In my life's journey it has been my experience that those who profess the loudest about being "Christian" are anything but when it comes to practicing it.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
About 68,700,000 results (0.33 seconds) women's group sues to join male But great try.

Actually, it was a dumb try - I kind of assumed thart such lawsuits would be news, and having never read of any, I thought it doesn't happen. It was truly dumb to forget that an utter lack of merit is no barrier to filing a lawsuit [but it should be!].

What does it say? Some parishioners aren't like the Westboro nut jobs, nor do most want the local or national spotlight. They want to do what the normal church goer does.

I hope that what a normal churchgoer does is what they believe is right, spotlights be ****ed.

I don't know if you went to church or why you went if you did, but most don't go to take up a fight, they go to church to praise the lord. Why did you go?

I went as a kid because I had no choice, then later, I went voluntarily, to try to understand religion better. I was puzzled by how each different faith could be so sure they are the One True Faith, when they have such differences - clearly, someone is mistaken. A whole lot of someones, in fact, because they can't all be right. Unlike the fictional character Pi, I couldn't go with practicing all three major religions [Christianity, Hinduism, & Islam] so I chose none at all.

So are you suggesting that they change the scout oath, so that 2% of the population can become the new scout?

O no I didn't - the BSA decided to make the change without any input from me. I think they made the best of a tough situation, by allowing the local troops to make their own choice on whether to accept gays.

The people you should feel sorry for are the teens that are burdened with homosexuality.

Well, I sure don't envy them. [If I were a believer, I'd say "There, but for the grace of God..." right?] It being totally outside one's power to choose, any one of us could have been born that way - including me.
Every ugly and hateful slur [yes, AMonger, that includes yours] directed against homosexuals is derived from a religious belief and/or the Bible, but not every person shares those beliefs, so why should they be imposed on those of us who don't agree with them?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Cheri:

This answers this above:

LOS:

And then let's throw this into it too while we're at it...........

Maverick:

Now to this "pop off" you threw in............

Cheri:

I don't know who in the HELL you're referring to here.............But I suggest you STFU.....retract this allegation................and never bring something like this up AGAINST ME again.....Not only as a member on an open discussion board......but a Human Being overall.

In 3-4 years I've been posting here......never once I have EVER discussed "Planned Parenthood" or "Abortion" topics. You people have discussed this hundreds of times............and I have NEVER joined in in ANY of those discussions. I believe I once said something like "Abortion" is something I will NOT discuss openly.....anywhere....or with anyone." Not that it's a personal issue.....it's just something I DO NOT discuss....Period. Don't believe me.........search through all 1100 Posts I've made.

So retract that statement.................and throw in a Apology while you're at it.

I was using the term 'you' as an indeterminate pronoun [acceptable in informal English] not you as a second person individual.
So, no retraction or apology required or given.

Cheri:

Are you really living in that thick of a bubble??

Are the Blinders that Huge??

Sad.........Really Sad...........

If the implication is that I don't 'see' or concede the pressure placed on the BSA, you're wrong. But I see much much worse pressure placed on pro choice people, with billboards everywhere that feature adorable innocent babies [totally dishonest, because it's all about emotion, not facts or rights], and protesters marching outside Planned Parenthood locations, [at least they quit bombing them!] and legislatures in many states creating legislation to limit the availability of legal abortion [to please the right wing crowd who keep their campaign chests funded] and oh, yes: the deaths of doctors who perform legal abortion - all of which has continued unabated for 40 freaking years already, and are the pro choice people changing their minds?
Nope, because they believe they are right, and there is no pressure that can change that belief.
If the BSA believes they are right, they should stand firm - if they don't, well....

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The primary imposition of beliefs is from left wing, in your face activates, who don't believe in the rights of a free people to associate with whom they choose and ONLY with whom they choose. I don't see many normal people filing law suits over this, that and the other, only the almost lunatic, mind others business fringe does that.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Typical Christian Hypocrite... Try reading these.
Matthew, Chapter 7, Verse 1, or, more importantly, Matthew, Chapter 16, Verse 3.
You are ignorant of scripture. The Bible tells us that the truths of scripture are spiritually discerned, that the unregenerate cannot understand, and you are proof of that.
You fail to continue reading to verse two, which is a fault of nearly everyone who plucks that verse out of context.
Hypocrisy is an issue, yes, but in the insurance of holding someone to a standard other than that to which you hold yourself.
My sin? I call it sin. And you read how I said that those who are tempted by :censoredsign:gotry and resist it are admirable.
No hypocrisy to be found.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter

Every ugly and hateful slur [yes, AMonger, that includes yours] directed against homosexuals is derived from a religious belief and/or the Bible, but not every person shares those beliefs, so why should they be imposed on those of us who don't agree with them?
[/SIZE]
That's not true. Most people recognize, religion aside, that :censoredsign:gotry is unnatural and perverse. Even children know it, inherently.
For those who are, for whatever reason, morally bankrupt, religion also tells them that :censoredsign:gotry is wrong. God prohibits it, so it's wrong whether you can recognize it or not.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
You have a choice, either stop your gluttonous ways and make right with Christ or dine on rats, toads and snakes.
Don't know where you're getting that. It's extrascriptural, so it's wrong. And again, since I won't be in hell, I won't be eating anything there.
As the Bible tells us, Blessed is the man whose sin is not held against him. No merit of mine, just the mercy of God.
Take your own hypocritical advice and stop fulfilling the lust of the flesh.
It's true that overeating, similar to gluttony, is a sin of the flesh. Could we agree that both it and :censoredsign:gotry are sins of the flesh?
You could always pray the fat away.
Won't be necessary. I'm studying the primal diet. Food volume might not be the issue, but eating things that aren't suitable for 21st century Westerners. Life is much easier for us than for even our grandparents and especially great-grandparents, let alone humans in Biblical times. Eating grains, which pack on the pounds, is a problem affecting most Americans.

Last edited:

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
W
If the implication is that I don't 'see' or concede the pressure placed on the BSA, you're wrong. But I see much much worse pressure placed on pro choice people, with billboards everywhere that feature adorable innocent babies [totally dishonest, because it's all about emotion, not facts or rights], and protesters marching outside Planned Parenthood locations, [at least they quit bombing them!] and legislatures in many states creating legislation to limit the availability of legal abortion [to please the right wing crowd who keep their campaign chests funded] and oh, yes: the deaths of doctors who perform legal abortion - all of which has continued unabated for 40 freaking years already, and are the pro choice people changing their minds?
Nope, because they believe they are right, and there is no pressure that can change that belief.
If the BSA believes they are right, they should stand firm - if they don't, well....
Why bring abortion into this discussion? A cursory look indicates 4 American abortion doctors have been killed in the past 20 years... while during the same period 20 million babies have perished to abortion. For many observers, abortion is the greatest moral wrong since slavery. Someday, in a more enlightened era, humans will look back on the abortion craze with horror; just as slavery was an abomination.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
W
Why bring abortion into this discussion?

Because the discussion is about the pressure brought to bear on people to change their positions, and abortion is a perfect example of how that has been done: for a long time, and in many ways. Another example is the pressure gun control activists are applying [including the inappropriate use of emotional appeals] - is that changing your mind? It's not changing mine.

A cursory look indicates 4 American abortion doctors have been killed in the past 20 years... while during the same period 20 million babies have perished to abortion.

Sorry, but they aren't babies, no matter how deceptively they are portrayed as such. Have you ever seen what is removed when a pregnancy is terminated at 10-12 weeks? I have, and it's not a baby, believe me. Like the guy who sent his girlfriend to get "free kittens to a good home" to feed his snake: when you have to resort to subterfuge, it's time to ask yourself why.

For many observers, abortion is the greatest moral wrong since slavery.

At one time, everyone believed any number of things that turned out to be untrue. Your beliefs are your business [I mean 'you' in the indeterminate sense, not you personally] but they are just that: beliefs. Mine are different.

Someday, in a more enlightened era, humans will look back on the abortion craze with horror; just as slavery was an abomination.

Someday, the abomination will be seen as forcing women to bear children they didn't want, or risk 'back alley' abortions.
In an age of enlightenment, every baby born will be wanted and welcomed.
We're not there yet, because accidents happen, birth control fails, humans fail, and unintended pregnancies happen.
Ban abortion, and women will find other ways to end them, just as they always have. That doesn't look like enlightenment to me.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Someday, the abomination will be seen as forcing women to bear children they didn't want, or risk 'back alley' abortions.
In an age of enlightenment, every baby born will be wanted and welcomed.
We're not there yet, because accidents happen, birth control fails, humans fail, and unintended pregnancies happen.
Ban abortion, and women will find other ways to end them, just as they always have. That doesn't look like enlightenment to me.
The pro-slavery groups made their excuses. The pro-abortion forces do likewise. It will be settled one day.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Yeah, those poor pro death people, so mistreated by the pro life people. And those dam babies, imagine thinking they have the right to live instead of being murdered by those innocent, perfectly reasonable pro death people.

Oh, and I didn't add in any of that huge amount of annoying formatting stuff. I just took out the / parts to highlight how intrusive it is.

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
W
Why bring abortion into this discussion? A cursory look indicates 4 American abortion doctors have been killed in the past 20 years... while during the same period 20 million babies have perished to abortion. For many observers, abortion is the greatest moral wrong since slavery. Someday, in a more enlightened era, humans will look back on the abortion craze with horror; just as slavery was an abomination.
If this were being said by someone who was a big fan of state-sanctioned purveyors of violence and death I might just think it a tad bit hypocritical ...

... oh ... wait ... :rolleyes:

sthfl2000

Active Expediter
Sorry, Hawk, but the courts and legislation can't enforce anything the people won't allow, nor can 'intimidation'.
When you know what you believe is right, you don't back down -it's as simple as that. My mind can be [and has been] changed by logic, reason, and fact, but by badgering or intimidation? Not a chance.
If the BSA believes they are right, they can continue to stand up for what they believe - no one can stop them.
Except themselves.

Obamacare?...Guns?...Gay Marriage?..Gay Rights?..Repeal of Don't ask don't tell?...Immigration?....hmmm. Where are the people winning these fights again?...just sayin

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Obamacare?...Guns?...Gay Marriage?..Gay Rights?..Repeal of Don't ask don't tell?...Immigration?....hmmm. Where are the people winning these fights again?...just sayin

Whatever it is you're "just sayin", it's about as clear as mud.