America's Social Pillars Falling Like Dominoes.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
That's a line from the comic strip Bloom County, the one with Opus the penguin. The cartoonist was lampooning beauty pageants, having one contestant state "Homosexuals don't belong in our polka halls" during her interview portion, a statement reflecting her cookie-cutter, intentionally square, manufactured attitude designed to play to middle America.
Round them up? I think we can stop short of that. But at least, let's not pretend it's just another lifestyle; let's not permit political correctness to pressure everybody to accept it; let's not put it on equal footing with marriage; let's not allow these sexual deviants access to our children; let's not portray them as "just like us" in movies or TV, or show them kissing.
Likewise, let's not allow violence against them. But if they kept their perversion to themselves, they'd be surprised at how much less hostility they'd encounter in the first place.

why would you think a gay person is automatically going to be attracted to a young person??? ..so with your thinking then we should keep all hetro men/women should not be allowed to be near a young girl/boy ...

they ARE NOT sexual deviants..just because your book says to you that's the case...what about us who don't believe 1 word of your book of FABLES.....they are people who just don't do as YOU LIKE!!!!!!!!!

You ever think gays are possibly disgusted watching 2 hetro people kiss/hold hands????

and for the 100TH time...why is it perversion...they love others like you just not as YOU like.why should they have to keep who they are to themselves because you dont like it...turn your head then

Brisco

Expert Expediter
In a FREE country individuals are ALLOWED to believe as they choose. In a FREE country, PRIVATE organizations can believe as they choose. When those choices are condemned and/or taken away, we are NO longer a FREE country.

I think it is a shame that freedom of choice, freedom of beliefs and freedom to associate with whom one chooses too is being ridiculed and soon taken from us.

I empathize with people who are at a disadvantage in life. I don't advocate forcing private entities to change their rules, just so people who feel sorry for them can find it easier to pat themselves on the back.

Both statements very well said.........

Nobody's forcing the scouts to change anything - they're perfectly able to continue as they always have.

Sorry, Hawk, but the courts and legislation can't enforce anything the people won't allow, nor can 'intimidation'.

When you know what you believe is right, you don't back down -it's as simple as that. My mind can be [and has been] changed by logic, reason, and fact, but by badgering or intimidation?

But what you are NOT getting could very well be covered with this little snippet here from the Article the OP linked to from the very beginning...............

The Boy Scouts won a 5-4 U.S. Supreme Court ruling allowing the organization to ban gays in 2000, but has come under increasing public pressure in recent years from activists.

GLAAD, an anti-discrimination advocacy group, began to press for a reversal of the Boy Scouts policy.......

......and more than 1 million people have signed petitions on Change.org seeking an end to the policy.

More than 462,000 people signed a petition on Change.org calling for the Boy Scouts to grant an Eagle Scout application for Ryan Andresen....................

I wonder how many of those 1,462,000 people that signed these petitions actually have Family Members that are involved in the BSA. Probably a very very very Low Percentage..........

.000000972% maybe...............

And considering these Petitions were originated at "Change.org"..........I'm betting that 99.9999457% of the people that signed those petitions only signed them to "Pat Themselves on their Backs to make them feel better about about THEIR beliefs".....and had NOTHING to do with what the BSA beliefs are at all.

So Yeah Cheri.............there is a WHOLE LOT of Badgering AND Imitadation going on here whether YOU agree with it......believe in it........or not.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
A lawsuit from whom? They're a private organization, not required to admit anyone they don't want. Seriously: ever hear of women or Jews suing because they're not admitted to private clubs?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/19/sports/golf/19links.html?_r=0

State High Court Allows Woman to Sue Private Club for Sex Bias - Los Angeles Times

City Will Sue Club to Allow Women Into Bar, Library - Los Angeles Times

Wow..........after doing just a quick search......not only did these come up above to show Cheri that Yes, WOMEN do Sue to get into PRIVATE CLUBS......but there's also Thousands and Thousands of other "Women" generated Lawsuits out there. You won't believe some of the stuff I ran across!!!

Woman SUES Doctor because he Informed her that she was HIV Positive............Sheeeez....

Not to show Bias.....Men SUE others also......but for more Legitimate Reasons.

Here is One I find Extremely Funny:

Men Allegedly Suing to Become Members of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority | Black Blue Dog

Very First comment below the article is this:
In 1908 Aplha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc. was founded specifically for college trained women. These men are not women. They can form a fraternity or some other version of their own organization for them. Please stop trying to hyjack a century of “Service to all mankind.” Leave us alone. Delta Signa Theta formed their own organization in 1913. They should form their own thing in 2012-2013.

Deja Vue'...........................................

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And considering these Petitions were originated at "Change.org"..........I'm betting that 99.9999457% of the people that signed those petitions only signed them to "Pat Themselves on their Backs to make them feel better about about THEIR beliefs".....and had NOTHING to do with what the BSA beliefs are at all.

So Yeah Cheri.............there is a WHOLE LOT of Badgering AND Imitadation going on here whether YOU agree with it......believe in it........or not.
Bravo!...and there's the crux of the matter explained. As previously stated, they are perfectly free to organize a private "Scouting" organization of their own - perhaps as a division of NAMBLA - and would probably have plenty of sponsors from Hollywood and the entertainment industry. It's just sad to see the BSA leadership cave on this issue, but money talks.

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
Bravo!...and there's the crux of the matter explained. As previously stated, they are perfectly free to organize a private "Scouting" organization of their own - perhaps as a division of NAMBLA - and would probably have plenty of sponsors from Hollywood and the entertainment industry. It's just sad to see the BSA leadership cave on this issue, but money talks.

Yes, money always talks. This post leads to an interesting question; how is it we can remove the ten commandments because they're offensive, take prayer out of schools because some don't like it, and basically be silenced by the political correct crowd toward anything these thin skinned persons find offensive?

Yet! Every single time WE find something considered abhorrent, we're called racist, bigots, and all manner of similar things? It's as if WE have no right to dub something as good or bad? Someone once said "if we do not believe in freedom of speech for those we dislike, we don't believe in it at all"

Put another way.....why were the things I hold dear taken away, while the very few decide what I'm to replace it with? Start your own troop and leave the rest alone. You want to kiss and hug in public and have the right to this behavior? Fine, but then I want my "fable book" and my children to know what morality is on my side of the pond.

Or perhaps to even things out....you can hug and kiss while I read a fable on the corner next to you. But that would be attempting to force my beliefs on you, would it not? And we just can't have that, because one of those things does not fit the overall agenda.

Last edited:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Both statements very well said.........

But what you are NOT getting could very well be covered with this little snippet here from the Article the OP linked to from the very beginning...............

I wonder how many of those 1,462,000 people that signed these petitions actually have Family Members that are involved in the BSA. Probably a very very very Low Percentage..........

.000000972% maybe...............

How is that relevant? One can only hold opinions and beliefs on matters in which they are personally involved?
If so, people better quit 'supporting the military' if they have no personal involvement, eh?
You decry the badgering & intimidation of the BSA, while simultaneously engaging in the same tactics against Planned Parenthood and abortion, and you fail [as usual] to see the sheer hypocrisy of your complaints.

Los said "When these choices are condemned or taken away, we are no longer a free country" and you reply " Very well said"?!
Sorry, but condemning what I see as wrong is MY freedom of speech.
And I repeat [because y'all just don't get it] nobody is forcing anything on anyone here.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And I repeat [because y'all just don't get it] nobody is forcing anything on anyone here.
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

So GLAAD and the rest of their organizations along with help from the media aren't forcing the BSA to accept gay scouts and leaders huh.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'm going to assume you mean fixated or similar.
I didn't bring this up. Talk to OP if you don't think it should have been brought up. But where sodomites push, there's going to be a push-back. They don't belong in our polka halls.

Your assumption is incorrect: it's not the subject of homosexuality you're fixated on, but the graphic descriptions you can't seem to refrain from typing. Most of us can discuss it in the same way as hetero sex, [that is, in the abstract - discussing the concept without involving the actual mechanics] but you need to use crudity. We know where your mind is - just sayin.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
your assumption is incorrect: It's not the subject of homosexuality you're fixated on, but the graphic descriptions you can't seem to refrain from typing. Most of us can discuss it in the same way as hetero sex, [that is, in the abstract - discussing the concept without involving the actual mechanics] but you need to use crudity. We know where your mind is - just sayin.

well put!!

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
A lawsuit from whom? They're a private organization, not required to admit anyone they don't want. Seriously: ever hear of women or Jews suing because they're not admitted to private clubs?
About 68,700,000 results (0.33 seconds) women's group sues to join male But great try.
Sure, that could happen, but if they aren't willing to fight for what they believe, then that says something too.
What does it say? Some parishioners aren't like the Westboro nut jobs, nor do most want the local or national spotlight. They want to do what the normal church goer does.

Depends on the leader and support from the congregation - some would, some wouldn't. And if the congregation won't support a fight, doesn't that say somethingabout what they believe?
Discrimination against adult gays is bad, but against gay teens [who want to be Boy Scouts!]
is despicable, IMO. If that's how people feel, the least they can do is own it - if they reject the gay youth, it's their loss.
I guess I should feel sorry for them, but I just don't anymore. Too many gay [or 'allegedly' gay] teenagers have committed suicide rather than live with feeling despised for something they didn't ask for, and don't know how to handle [isn't adolescence tough enough?!] for me to sympathize with those who contribute to their misery.
I don't know if you went to church or why you went if you did, but most don't go to take up a fight, they go to church to praise the lord. Why did you go?

So are you suggesting that they change the scout oath, so that 2% of the population can become the new scout? The people you should feel sorry for are the teens that are burdened with homosexuality.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Your assumption is incorrect: it's not the subject of homosexuality you're fixated on, but the graphic descriptions you can't seem to refrain from typing. Most of us can discuss it in the same way as hetero sex, [that is, in the abstract - discussing the concept without involving the actual mechanics] but you need to use crudity. We know where your mind is - just sayin.
:censoredsign:gotry is as :censoredsign:gotry does. iow, a homosexual and the perverse sex act are inseparable. It's the act that makes him a homosexual. If he doesn't commit the offense, he's not an offender, the same way someone who wants to rob a bank but doesn't isn't a bank robber.
I'm a fat guy. My urge that I don't resist is eating too much. One might call that a sin. If someone is tempted to commit perverse sex acts but resists that temptation, they're doing better than I, and I can respect them for it, and if they worship Christ, He'll reward them for it. Whatever birth defect they have that causes them to desire other men might still be there, but they're honorable as long as they don't act on it.
Oh, btw, it was wrong of me to suggest that BSA should now stand for the Bulldyke Sodomite Association.
It's the Butthole Surfer Association.

Last edited:

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
:censoredsign:gotry is as :censoredsign:gotry does. iow, a homosexual and the perverse sex act are inseparable. It's the act that makes him a homosexual. If he doesn't commit the offense, he's not an offender, the same way someone who wants to rob a bank but doesn't isn't a bank robber.
I'm a fat guy. My urge that I don't resist is eating too much. One might call that a sin. If someone is tempted to commit perverse sex acts but resists that temptation, they're doing better than I, and I can respect them for it, and if they worship Christ, He'll reward them for it. Whatever birth defect they have that causes them to desire other men might still be there, but they're honorable as long as they don't act on it.
Oh, btw, it was wrong of me to suggest that BSA should now stand for the Bulldyke Sodomite Association.
It's the Butthole Surfer Association.

There you go again....just showing your true colors...
You make jokes as if your better than a gay person...would bet the farm your up to something your religious wako cohorts would not be to pleased with...

Last edited:

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
There you go again....just showing your true colors...
You make jokes as if your better than a gay person...
Better? No, as I pointed out, I have my own sin. But what I don't have is an expectation that society accept my sin and regard it as normal, nor do I have a lobby program to compel others to do so. And as I pointed out, someone struggling with perverse sexual urges who is able to withstand them is better than me.
would bet the farm your up to something your religious wako cohorts would not be to pleased with...
I don't have religious wacko cohorts, but if you're talking about the Church, there isn't one, but a few things with which they would not be too pleased. But then again, so does everyone; no one, save Christ, has "arrived."
In the book of Job, the devil is said to have gone up to heaven and spoken with God. Here's the gist of the conversation:
God said, "See my servant, Job?" and then goes on to tell the devil how good he is.
"Sure," says the devil, "but you spoil him all the time. If life weren't so easy for him, it would be different."
God decides to demonstrate to the devil that that isn't true, and gives the devil permission to afflict Job, and that's how the well-known account starts.
Well, make no mistake; if it had been me, that would have gone a little differently.
Had it been me, the devil would start the conversation, thus:
"He's one of yours, isn't he?"
God kind of puts His forehead in His hand, exasperated, saying, "Yeah...But I'm working with him. He's getting better...kind of."
Devil, laughing: "Really? You see what He did last Tuesday? And them he did it again on Thursday!"
God heaves a heavy sigh, and dispatches an angel to tell my Sunday school teacher to smack me upside the head for embarrassing Him.
One of the principles of right standing with God is acknowledging and repenting of your sin. I sin, and I call it sin. The last time I dreamed of using Jennifer Aniston's @$$ for a pillow, that was a sin. I don't demand that society call it something else or try to get a court order to compel Jennifer Aniston to allow me to do so.
So yes, I'm a wretched sinner. Always have been. But I own it. And when I say that if someone with perverted homosexual urges regards his sinful urges as sin and resist them, I'm not holding him to any standard higher than myself, because I have the same obligation to do so with my sin.

P.S. So do you.

witness23

Veteran Expediter

Sin is Sin.

Yours is called Gluttony.

In the words of nineteenth-century Russian Bishop Ignatius Brianchaninov:

Wise temperance of the stomach is a door to all the virtues. Restrain the stomach, and you will enter Paradise. But if you please and pamper your stomach, you will hurl yourself over the precipice of bodily impurity, into the fire of wrath and fury, you will coarsen and darken your mind, and in this way you will ruin your powers of attention and self-control, your sobriety and vigilance.

Your punishment in Hell will be: You'll be force-fed rats, toads, and snakes.

Bon Appetit!

whistler

Active Expediter
So GLAAD and the rest of their organizations along with help from the media aren't forcing the BSA to accept gay scouts and leaders huh.

As has been noted repeatedly, as a private organization they aren't required to accept gays. If they really had stones and believed in keeping gays out of the Boy Scouts they would. I suspect they realize that being gay has nothing to do with one's character. If you believe it does then it says more about you than it does the Boy Scouts or Gays .

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Sin is Sin.

Yours is called Gluttony.

In the words of nineteenth-century Russian Bishop Ignatius Brianchaninov:

Your punishment in Hell will be: You'll be force-fed rats, toads, and snakes.

Bon Appetit!

Gluttony and overeating aren't the same thing. But since I won't be in hell, I won't be dining on any rats.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Cheri:
How is that relevant? One can only hold opinions and beliefs on matters in which they are personally involved?

This answers this above:

LOS:
In a FREE country individuals are ALLOWED to believe as they choose. In a FREE country, PRIVATE organizations can believe as they choose. When those choices are condemned and/or taken away, we are NO longer a FREE country.

I think it is a shame that freedom of choice, freedom of beliefs and freedom to associate with whom one chooses too is being ridiculed and soon taken from us.

And then let's throw this into it too while we're at it...........

Maverick:
Never in all recorded history has a nation once blessed......ever returned to it's founding roots, once the moral decay reaches a certain point. We've long passed that juncture.

Being older, I can only give thanks for witnessing the tail end of a once great country. We can hold that high ground no longer. We lost our freedom when we threw away our moral compass and the resulting downhill slide will only become more painful as we go.

The founders knew it, warned about it, and gave us the best shot at keeping a moral society. But like all great Republics, it ran it's course. No outside invading force could ever take down America. Many have written about the decay from within, and it's here.

Now to this "pop off" you threw in............

Cheri:
You decry the badgering & intimidation of the BSA, while simultaneously engaging in the same tactics against Planned Parenthood and abortion, and you fail [as usual] to see the sheer hypocrisy of your complaints.

I don't know who in the HELL you're referring to here.............But I suggest you STFU.....retract this allegation................and never bring something like this up AGAINST ME again.....Not only as a member on an open discussion board......but a Human Being overall.

In 3-4 years I've been posting here......never once I have EVER discussed "Planned Parenthood" or "Abortion" topics. You people have discussed this hundreds of times............and I have NEVER joined in in ANY of those discussions. I believe I once said something like "Abortion" is something I will NOT discuss openly.....anywhere....or with anyone." Not that it's a personal issue.....it's just something I DO NOT discuss....Period. Don't believe me.........search through all 1100 Posts I've made.

So retract that statement.................and throw in a Apology while you're at it.

Cheri:

Are you really living in that thick of a bubble??

Are the Blinders that Huge??

Sad.........Really Sad...........