America's Social Pillars Falling Like Dominoes.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
a drop in membership/donations....Money talks....

again them dumber then dirt liberals will win another issue...

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
a drop in membership/donations....Money talks....

again them dumber then dirt liberals will win another issue...

Will the liberals be happy with winning another issue, or expanding the Boy Scouts dress code? :eek:

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well I guess that eliminates the reverant part of the scout law. Next step, they allow the Garry Sandusky's to be leaders.

Bob Wolf

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
With many BSA local troops being sponsored by churches, the prospect of being defunded is real. Many churches simply aren't going to go along with the radical agenda being pushed by the homosexual lobby.

The homosexual agenda is simple: if they aren't given everything asked for, they will use the courts and public pressure to destroy private organizations opposed to homosexual conduct. Freedom of association can also mean being free not to associate. If private organizations cannot exclude those deemed to practice repugnant behavior, then they aren't really private, are they?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
With many BSA local troops being sponsored by churches, the prospect of being defunded is real. Many churches simply aren't going to go along with the radical agenda being pushed by the homosexual lobby.

The homosexual agenda is simple: if they aren't given everything asked for, they will use the courts and public pressure to destroy private organizations opposed to homosexual conduct. Freedom of association can also mean being free not to associate. If private organizations cannot exclude those deemed to practice repugnant behavior, then they aren't really private, are they?
so you are saying what?....Local level may not change?

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
so you are saying what?....Local level may not change?

Just a couple months ago, the national BSA organization issued a much publicized statement where they vehemently reaffirmed their opposition to gay inclusion in the Scouts. What accounts for this sudden change of heart? If the change does take place, which hasn't happened just yet, many local troops will fade away from disgust, diminished funding and lack of willingness to be part of a gay-friendly Scouting organization.

On the other hand, if this change happens, some local Scouting will continue unabated. Particularly, big cities and urban areas where vice is virtue.

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have the higher ups in my boys scout troup asking me to be a scout leader currrent one cant do it any longer. If they cave into the P.C. crowd they will be looking for another person. This shreads the scout law, and scout oath.

An effective take over happens gradualy. Just like the the frog in the water scenario.
Its bad enough they replaced On my honor I will do my best with I promise to do my best, and yes the wording makes all the difference.

Bob Wolf.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Just a couple months ago, the national BSA organization issued a much publicized statement where they vehemently reaffirmed their opposition to gay inclusion in the Scouts. What accounts for this sudden change of heart? If the change does take place, which hasn't happened just yet, many local troops will fade away from disgust, diminished funding and lack of willingness to be part of a gay-friendly Scouting organization.

The article says that the decision will be left up to local Scout groups, as opposed to the nationwide rule on homosexuals, so why do you believe "many local troops will fade away"? Especially as many troops are sponsored by local churches.....

On the other hand, if this change happens, some local Scouting will continue unabated. Particularly, big cities and urban areas where vice is virtue.

Contrary to your belief, 'vice' is not limited to [nor especially predominate] in big cities and rural areas - small town and rural populations are just as prone to vice as any Chicago or NYC resident, any day of the week.

The hypocrisy of the far right wing is just laughable, as demonstrated by the following:

By Marice Richter

DALLAS | Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:48pm EST

(Reuters) -

The Family Research Council, which said in December it would pull its business with UPS because the package delivery company had decided to cease funding of the Boy Scouts, said on Monday the Scouts should resist the pressure to change its policy.
"If the board capitulates to the bullying of homosexual activists, the Boy Scouts' legacy of producing great leaders will become yet another casualty of moral compromise," Family Research Council President Tony Perkins said in a statement.

When UPS withdraws its' support from the BSA, Tony Perkins calls it 'bullying'. When the FRC withdraws its' support from UPS, it's called 'standing up for what they believe'.
It's funny how quick the right wingers are to call for boycotts and apply 'social pressure' [how many liberal billboards have you seen?] but when such tactics work against them, it's just not fair. :rolleyes:

Brisco

Expert Expediter
If they do Cave.......this will be the Beginning of the End of The Boy Scouts of America.......

Some of us here will have Grandchildren in our Future that will never know what being a Boy Scout in America once meant in this Country.

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Coppied from Cheri 1122
Contrary to your belief, 'vice' is not limited to [nor especially predominate] in big cities and rural areas - small town and rural populations are just as prone to vice as any Chicago or NYC resident, any day of the week.
The hypocrisy of the far right wing is just laughable, as demonstrated by the following:

A drug house, drunk, addict, petiphile, robery, etc., in surburbia? Say it aint so... I guess thats why you have a rural barn or surburban house be declared a hazmat site if its still there after a methlab disaster.
I have to agree with Cheri 1122. The decline of society happens in rual as well as inner city. Its the population numbers that influence its dominance.
I still support the B.S.A. sexual orientation policy because a private organization should be able to set its own standards. Its no diferent than a country club that catters to millionares. I can afford the membership, but I dont force the country club to let me in. Its past time Americians to get a thicker skin.

Bob Wolf.

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Another instance of catering to the few at the expense of the many. Appalling alright but not surprising any more.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
cheri said:
The article says that the decision will be left up to local Scout groups, as opposed to the nationwide rule on homosexuals, so why do you believe "many local troops will fade away"? Especially as many troops are sponsored by local churches.....
Could it be that the local Troops won't have the financial resources to defend against a local lawsuit? Could some local Troops just say it's not really in our best interest to get into a public battle with one family with a gay kid, and drop their sponsorship? I don't think the local churches would be willing to fight that fight.

Last edited: