All state express driver survey

SAS

Expert Expediter
To all in the All State Express fleet, it was great getting your valuable feedback on the recent survey sent to each of you. I truly enjoyed reading your comments. Without your valuable feedback, companies cannot make themselves better in support of the O/O. Understanding your issues and how ASE can better align itself with you, is key in our continued growth and sustainability in the marketplace. Our new guaranteed rate programs being rolled out, will ensure our fleet is financially healthy. If we take a discount, doesn't mean you have to. We understand our drivers are at a huge disadvantage during the negotiating process between our coordinators and the customer. Your voice is not heard during this process, so we must be your voice. If we as a company do not protect you, who will. Our increase in business levels, especially with the tractors and cargo vans, (straight trucks are doing great as well), have been exciting and an indication things are turning for the better.

Again, thank you all for your support and continued efforts in making All State Express your company of choice. We at ASE serve two customers daily, you and the one paying the bills.

Spencer A. Squier
President
All State Express
[email protected]

guido4475

Not a Member
It is really touching to not only see you post on here, Spencer, but your survey sent out last month, and the warm and freindly Qualcomm message you sent out to us on Monday as well. It really shows me how much you care about us.I really enjoyed the time spent at the office with everyone the other day, everyone making me feel even more welcome and more part of your family.This is only part of the reason why I am here.All-State Express is one of the nicest,easy to deal with, honest companies that I have had the pleasure to work for. The pay is right on the money and on time, every time.Dispatch is awesome, a well as the rest of the All-State staff.Really, no B.S. here.

Once again, thank you for your never-ending concern.

#B-168 Ford cargo van and lovin it!!

SAS

Expert Expediter
Dave, thanks for the kind words, having drivers like you is what it's all about. Positive synergies create positive environments.

Spencer Squier

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Thanks for the post Spencer. All State Express has been an EO sponsor since 2000. Glad to see you registered this month - don't be stranger. :D

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I would like to hear more of what ASE is offering in the way of their new program and it seems to be a great thing that someone can finally say "If we take a discount, doesn't mean you have to. We understand our drivers are at a huge disadvantage during the negotiating process between our coordinators and the customer."

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
It is encouraging to see a carrier looking at ALL of the picture, rather than part of it. I think many carriers are still living in the past with regards to carrier/owner operator relations. They are too focused on a turbulent economy which breeds screwing the driver at every turn thinking there is another one waiting in the wings. Not so much lately. They would be better served to keep their current drivers verses the waste on recruiting efforts than will provide little.
I think that is slowly turning as they are finding the supply of straights and tractors in their fleets dwindling. Tight credit and other aspects of the business have totally flattened recruiting efforts. Many unemployed want to jump in, but it is really just limited to the van sector. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out when you look at truck sales.
Again, thanks for a refreshing post.

SAS

Expert Expediter
Fleet Owner of 25 years, it is great hearing from you and thanks for jumping in the discussion. There are alot of truths in your comments. All State Express is one of the larger players out there in expedite and our success couldn't have been done without our people on the road. It is our belief that the O/O is the face of our company. Whether you're a fleet owner or an individual, we look at you as a customer yes, but also an investor. You have deployed funds into a piece of equipment of significant amounts and have made an investment with your current carrier to provide you an ROI. It is no less than buying stock in a company, you expect that company to perform and give you a return on investment. Yes, economic climates can make freight availability fluctuate, but as long as you and company align correctly with the understanding that we are in this together, the better the relationship. We want all of our drivers to succeed, and we to want to succeed. But we can't succeed without the support of one another. The saying stands true, The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over. Living in a box and repeating the process. ASE chooses to live outside the box, kinda like taking a left on red. Do the opposite.

Spencer Squier
President
All State Express
[email protected]

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I would agree you on your assessment. Have to be careful on the ROI (return on investment) observation as we had a member some time ago that said it didn't exist. :D
Old time laughable moment for some.

guido4475

Not a Member
Just one of the many things I like about being here is the fact that due to our size, very rarely do I run into another ASE van waiting for a load where I am at.That alone is great, instead of unloading and going to a truckstop only to find you may be #23 out with 3 first outs in front of you.It is plain and simple here, and I like that.No smokescreens, no B.S. And, they know me by the sound of my voice whenever I call in.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was ready to sign on the dotted line here till I got sick, now after reading this when I come back they are still at the top of my list.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
This is the 2nd CEO that has posted on EO in the last few months. I really think that EO may be on to something here. Sounds like EO needs a CEO forum where CEO can post things to their Fleets. It's a win/win for EO and the carriers, the cost alone will save carriers money in the long run and driver/owner retention to boot.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
no, i dont believe another forum is what EO needs. there is enough seperation here already. the ceo's posting if the general forum is great and worthy.

great, because it shows that they are getting involved. worthy in so many ways. one, it shows they realize that they are the same as we are. no difference in status. also shows they are willing to take feedback from the forum. the most worthy thing EO does for them is open up their eyes and minds to all the different variables that people face in this profession. so lets hope more get involved.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well for what it is worth, I don't think a CEO's time would be best spent if he was on here recruiting. I think EO is a pretty insightful forum. It gives me a place to read and get feedback from alot of different people with alot of different organizations all in one place.

I am sure that putting a face to a company is a good thing. I would hope that it helps any company if their leadership speaks on here openly about a number of topics. I think it adds another perspective and makes the whole forum more balanced and worthwhile for everyone.

I make it no secret that I am very proud of my company. But, you won't find me on here yelling "hey come to work for us"! We have a recruiter and we have an advertising budget for that, lol. I am probably overpaid to be an online recruiter!!!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Yes this is the 2nd CEO to post here and i think it is a great thing. The simple fact that they are putting themselves out there makes there companies more approachable by those that may be looking for a carrier. Look at the people that have asked about Load 1 in the last few months....the normal reply is fast becoming that the owner and CEO of the company is a regular poster here and is easily contacted....there is no need for them to recruit, their presents on its own speaks for them...

Keep it up guy, you are serving both your companies and the expediting community well..

It would be nice to see a few more CEO's/ Owners or at a minimum a high ranking company rep follow your lead....

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Thank you! I honestly think drivers or owner operators are the best recruiters. Good or bad, it is always best to get it straight from the horses mouth.

guido4475

Not a Member
Thank you! I honestly think drivers or owner operators are the best recruiters. Good or bad, it is always best to get it straight from the horses mouth.

You are absolutely right.That is why All-State has a driver recruiting program in place.