ALL Jeeps Might Be Built where??

Monty

Expert Expediter
I think if they move production to China, they will most likely have to sell them elsewhere. There is a brand loyalty to Jeep like no other.

I just don't see American consumers buying the Chineses product. I bet Toyota is gearing up as we speak!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Come on now it helped Fiat.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Come on now it helped Fiat.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums

Maybe, maybe not. Only time will tell on that one.

As to the bailout, just more proof that the Republicans are JUST as bad as the Democrats. It was a Bush idea.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
They are probably starting to look at a hard reality as other auto manufacturers are. Your in a global economy fighting for basic raw materials that are climbing in price. Add union wages and outrageous EPA standards that keep getting more expensive to operate, and you price yourself right out of the market. Especially as projected US wages keep retracting.
At a point, many won't be able to afford a 30k car. Going to where the taxes and labor are cheaper, is the easiest way to drop the prices or remain competitive.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ford of Canada just settled with the CAW to prevent a strike. $34 an hour and a $3k signing bonus. How long can that go on?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They are probably starting to look at a hard reality as other auto manufacturers are. Your in a global economy fighting for basic raw materials that are climbing in price. Add union wages and outrageous EPA standards that keep getting more expensive to operate, and you price yourself right out of the market. Especially as projected US wages keep retracting.
At a point, many won't be able to afford a 30k car. Going to where the taxes and labor are cheaper, is the easiest way to drop the prices or remain competitive.

30K won't buy a car, just a pair of motorized roller skates. I priced a 2013 F350 duelly, diesel engine etc. 65K Imagine a business looking at work trucks and seeing those costs. We are pricing ourselves out of business.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
after reading the original article at Bloomberg...COO Manley should make up his mind.....he said 2 different statements in the same interview....

“The volume opportunity for us is very significant,” Manley, who is also president of the Jeep brand, said in an interview at Chrysler’s Auburn Hills, Michigan, headquarters. “We’re reviewing the opportunities within existing capacity” as well as “should we be localizing the entire Jeep portfolio or some of the Jeep portfolio.”

Chrysler currently builds all Jeep SUV models at plants in Michigan, Illinois and Ohio. Manley referred to adding Jeep production sites rather than shifting output from North America to China.

IF I were a betting man..I'd wager Manley is looking/fishing for more taxpayer money!!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
after reading the original article at Bloomberg...COO Manley should make up his mind.....he said 2 different statements in the same interview....

IF I were a betting man..I'd wager Manley is looking/fishing for more taxpayer money!!

Needs more bribe money to pay off the Chinese officials.

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Or quieter sub propellers. OH WAIT, that was CLINTON that did that, I forgot, can't tell them apart.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
That is how it starts. Just ask GE. No one is better than Jeffery Emmelt which is Obama's job czar.

Well Dave....

Since Asia's demand for Jeep products is at 22%, it makes perfect sense to maybe produce a certain portion of them right in the market area.......

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Well of course. I woud say that as well in that scenerio. I would say that most businesses would say the same thing when they shift business to China. Ask Apple or GE.

Last edited:

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
Well Dave....

Since Asia's demand for Jeep products is at 22%, it makes perfect sense to maybe produce a certain portion of them right in the market area.......

And theChinese will be in America shortly, producing thier goods in "free trade zones"

Sent from my Teddy Ruxspin