A&E shipping wars LOL

idtrans

Expert Expediter
Rich is a really subjective term. :D Covering up signs and running loads, well if an accident the attorneys get rich!

I agree John can't cover the signs up. BTW one day I am gonna stop in to drink all the free coffee at your terminal ok. Hope theres donuts there that day. LOL and don't worry we know your not rich you just have way more bills to pay.

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
Have to be OOS and cover up all the carrier lettering first. ;)

I did the job for free... Didn't think it'd get anyone worked up.

I run naked (the van, not me) I use mag signs when I am "on the clock".

I run for more than one company so nothing can be "stuck" on the van.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I did the job for free... Didn't think it'd get anyone worked up.

I run naked (the van, not me) I use mag signs when I am "on the clock".

I run for more than one company so nothing can be "stuck" on the van.

Side issue: Signs. I run magnetics for much the same reason. That, and the fact that the apartment complex I live in doesn't want signs on vehicles. Problem: One company I run for hasn't given me the information I need to make signs, and they appear to have none for CVs. I don't mind having them made, but without info it's just a little hard to do. Why do I have a feeling this isn't one of the better ideas?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's all fun & games, until someone [or something] gets hurt. What happens when your 'customer' damages your vehicle/equipment? Or tries to help load, & drops something, breaking it and your foot?
The potential liability issues are a lawyer's dream come true, but a nightmare for you....

First thing they are NOT a customer...CASH transaction..

If they damage something...I can't figure out what but it would be on me, same as getting hurt MY risk....sue, sue, sue...gee whiz....don't be such a whoose...;)

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well from the same producers that give us other scripted reality shows - what can any one expect??

1 800 call Sam

Seriously Raggy? :)

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Do you guys really think a dopey show like this will create a glut of drivers? C'mon.

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
Do you guys really think a dopey show like this will create a glut of drivers? C'mon.

Glut? No. However I have used uship to have things shipped to me. I am amazed at how low people bid. It will bring more cheap shippers and cheap haulers to uship.

The way the show looks to be setup this will be about people who haul "special" freight. The crap none of us would want to deal with.

No way in hell I am hauling a 25 ft tall garden nome or removing a huge horse from a lobby. The lama? Nodda...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
UShip beats welfare..:)..it can work out to put food on the table for a hard working person.....they spends weeks putting 5-6 pick ups together and make some cash...just regular people doing the American thing...making a living

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
First thing they are NOT a customer...CASH transaction..

If they damage something...I can't figure out what but it would be on me, same as getting hurt MY risk....sue, sue, sue...gee whiz....don't be such a whoose...;)
Biggest problem comes if you damage something or someone, and you're lettered. When lettered, OOS or not, you're running under the carrier's authority. Anything that happens will come back on them, as well as you. I know someone who used to be with a really large carrier and they were hauling some stuff locally from a lumber yard for a neighbor, OOS but lettered on the door. They got into an accident, and the driver of the other vehicle sued the name on the door, as well as the driver of the truck.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Biggest problem comes if you damage something or someone, and you're lettered. When lettered, OOS or not, you're running under the carrier's authority. Anything that happens will come back on them, as well as you. I know someone who used to be with a really large carrier and they were hauling some stuff locally from a lumber yard for a neighbor, OOS but lettered on the door. They got into an accident, and the driver of the other vehicle sued the name on the door, as well as the driver of the truck.

Tough world....every thing carries a risk....;)

Brisco

Expert Expediter
ImageView.aspx

Well from the same producers that give us other scripted reality shows - what can any one expect??

1 800 call Sam

Seriously Raggy?

Got one better here Greg.....

DUI? Dealing Drugs? Better Call Saul!

:D :D :D

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
I saw the gnome on the trailer Thursday evening. I-94, in Indiana, westbound. Has anyone else seen it?

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Nope...last I read AMC had ordered 26 more episodes,or 2 more seasons. Where it's heading now that Gus is dead I have no idea! Vince Gilligan is just brilliant with the writing and storylines he brings us with Breaking Bad, so I'm sure seasons 4 & 5 will be just as great!

Hey, how about a spoiler alert next time? I am watching it on Netflix and they only have 3 seasons.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums