A&E shipping wars LOL

stonewolf

Seasoned Expediter
that and its goin make every one think they can do it and freight prices r gona plumit and the dot is gona tighten up on newbies

idtrans

Expert Expediter
that and its goin make every one think they can do it and freight prices r gona plumit and the dot is gona tighten up on newbies

Speaking of I saw a no company named old penske cube other day in Lafayette, la getting checked out. They had him in the scale and doting him good. I am guessing he was over 10k gvw and had no log . I honestly have no clue why they were getting him.

And hes every idiot with a pickup truck is going to be a shipper now.

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter

They did it to storage auctions (something I use to enjoy.. Now idiots blow their rent on units full of junk)

Tanked did it to the aquariums with their awful treatment of the fish.

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
Speaking of I saw a no company named old penske cube other day in Lafayette, la getting checked out. They had him in the scale and doting him good. I am guessing he was over 10k gvw and had no log . I honestly have no clue why they were getting him.

And hes every idiot with a pickup truck is going to be a shipper now.

I don't see DOT or MC numbers on the trucks of the haulers in the promo.. makes you wonder......

Penske is selling off a lot of dual rear wheel cubes listed as "10K"

I assume they are 11,500 trucks with a 10K sticker from the upfiter. Since they weight in close to 8500-9000 it's not hard to overload them past the sticker weight.

60MPH

Expert Expediter
I don't see DOT or MC numbers on the trucks of the haulers in the promo.. makes you wonder......

Penske is selling off a lot of dual rear wheel cubes listed as "10K"

I assume they are 11,500 trucks with a 10K sticker from the upfiter. Since they weight in close to 8500-9000 it's not hard to overload them past the sticker weight.

Home depot is buying a hole bunch of used ones, so customers can rent them on site to use. Now harry home owner can rent that cube or 26' Penske truck to take home there goodies.

Very smart for Home Depot, they used to use contractors like us to drop off the supplies. Now Harry can do it himself at a higher cost. When they used contractors to drop off supplies it was more economical for the customer, not anymore!!

More lost jobs in the U.S. just what we need. :mad:

They have been doing this for awhile now, but are getting more aggressive with it. There will be less used Penske's in some sizes on the market. The 15-16' cube and the 26' non-cdl straights are what the Depot is buying up.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well thanks to apple I lost my post

Anywho

They take the dot info and names off the trucks during the post production of the shows.

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
an enterprising expeditor would be at Lowes or Home Depot on a Sat or Sun morning when not on a load and rent themselves out......25 dollars an hour 2 hr. minimum....CASH..load ya upfollow them home...cheaper then renting and having to return truck...:D

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
an enterprising expeditor would be at Lowes or Home Depot on a Sat or Sun morning when not on a load and rent themselves out......25 dollars an hour 2 hr. minimum....CASH..load ya upfollow them home...cheaper then renting and having to return truck...:D

Manager will run you off.. I was standing in the check out when I saw someone that lives down the block from me getting ready to rent the truck.

I went over and said hey dude, you live right down the street from me right? (yes) heck, I got my van with me, we can just load it up and I'll run it home for you.

I kid you not. The manager threw me out of the store. But not with out the stuff I offered to haul home for the guy and with out the 500 dollar saw I had in my cart.

I bought that saw at their competitors ;)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Manager will run you off.. I was standing in the check out when I saw someone that lives down the block from me getting ready to rent the truck.

I went over and said hey dude, you live right down the street from me right? (yes) heck, I got my van with me, we can just load it up and I'll run it home for you.

I kid you not. The manager threw me out of the store. But not with out the stuff I offered to haul home for the guy and with out the 500 dollar saw I had in my cart.

I bought that saw at their competitors ;)

I can understand that...be a little more sneaky next time..LOL...;)

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
...be a little more sneaky next time..LOL...;)

snidely.jpg

paullud

Veteran Expediter

Good idea. It would seem you could post some ads on Craigslist for your current location for people going to the hardware store, buying furniture, or moving. It could help boost a driver's income especially in the slow times.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Have to be OOS and cover up all the carrier lettering first. ;)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Good idea. It would seem you could post some ads on Craigslist for your current location for people going to the hardware store, buying furniture, or moving. It could help boost a driver's income especially in the slow times.

It's all fun & games, until someone [or something] gets hurt. What happens when your 'customer' damages your vehicle/equipment? Or tries to help load, & drops something, breaking it and your foot?
The potential liability issues are a lawyer's dream come true, but a nightmare for you....

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Certainly is a degree of risk for a expediters revenue enhancement program.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

It's all fun & games, until someone [or something] gets hurt. What happens when your 'customer' damages your vehicle/equipment? Or tries to help load, & drops something, breaking it and your foot?
The potential liability issues are a lawyer's dream come true, but a nightmare for you....

ImageView.aspx

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Rich is a really subjective term. :D Covering up signs and running loads, well if an accident the attorneys get rich!