A&E shipping wars LOL

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I don't know if anyone watched that comedy show - Gold Rush?

if you have, maybe you noticed that they all got inspected one day out of the blue?

I expect those who are watching the show and maybe in charge of some DOT officers will tell their people to look for them and really give a good going over seeing they have all this money floating around.

By the way, why is the word ship being used, like that cat abuser saying "I love to ship things" - doesn't he mean he loves to haul things

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
How does an Illegal, protest right on national TV and not get arrested and deported?
Cattle....you need their birth certificate to cross state lines....

I grew up on a cattle farm. I know of very few cattle that actually have any paperwork of any kind associated with them. The more expensive, registered herds have lineage that is traced, but it's not through the government. It's more of an association. At least in my area, registered herds might comprise 10% of the total number of cattle. There may be restrictions to transporting them state to state in SOME states. I live on the AR/MO line and cattle are hauled to auction barns on both sides of the line at will, with no regard to anything that I know of.

DOT regs are a different matter. If your hauling for hire, you have some regs to follow just like the rest of the industry.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter

if you have, maybe you noticed that they all got inspected one day out of the blue?

I expect those who are watching the show and maybe in charge of some DOT officers will tell their people to look for them and really give a good going over seeing they have all this money floating around.

By the way, why is the word ship being used, like that cat abuser saying "I love to ship things" - doesn't he mean he loves to haul things

I did see Gold Rush on Sunday. Probably re-runs. But, I did see the inspector. I have a feeling that none of these shows are true representation of anything actually. You get to see some of the stuff that goes on, but with all of the editing for time and creativity, I doubt any of them have a decent amount of realism. I love watching the shows, I just don't put a lot of faith in them being real.

ts675

Seasoned Expediter
Wanna know how fake these "reality" shows are Google the article west Virginia authorities wrote about the show moonshiners. The entire show is set up.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Remember I live in a branding state every cow is registered and a log of its life is kept....when it was born, the brand, when it was castrated and by whom. any medical treatment and shots recorded...

tumbleweeds

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I watched the moron take the trucks into Mexico. I hoped they would keep him. Never a federaly around when you need one. Also he paid a $500 border crossing fee. No profit in that load. I am all for working hard and living the American dream. I guess these folks show everyone how not to do it. Hope these guys are not on the same roads we travel. It's scary enough out here.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I watched the moron take the trucks into Mexico. I hoped they would keep him. Never a federaly around when you need one. Also he paid a $500 border crossing fee. No profit in that load. I am all for working hard and living the American dream. I guess these folks show everyone how not to do it. Hope these guys are not on the same roads we travel. It's scary enough out here.

Met you briefly in Laredo the other week?...eh?

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter

Well... Not all of them did. The Hoffmans didn't. Fred is a a--hole in my book. He had it coming. Parker got caught in the cross fire. Fred should have asked Parker who did his training. That guy was there in 24 hours. Fred waited what.. a week?

The guy with the boat trailer and the TT both look legal. The hippy with the cat has a name and DOT number on his truck as well if I remember right.

The two kids are NOT in compliance. Both openly admit to breaking the law on the show. Both should be logging and since they are over 10K with their truck/trailer need to have the proper DOT paperwork..

Wonder if they have health cards..

Bandit2

Seasoned Expediter
Gold Rush , Anyone notice the Name Change , From Gold Rush Alaska to just Gold Rush ?
That is because they are filming the idiots just outside of Dawson City in the Yukon Territory of Canadian .
http://www.genieindustries.com.au/blog/yukon
Last year they were in the " Wilderness of Alaska " LOL ( But NOT if You read the Local News )
http://www.heatherlende.com/node/327
As for How Real is the Show ?
Jimmy Dorsey Did Not get paid one red cent , When asked , they laughed at Him as He didn't sign any contract .
Thus He is able to spill the beans and they can't touch Him . Very Interesting Reading
http://www.goldminingrealityshow.com/
Bob

Bandit2

Seasoned Expediter
We looked into U-Ship 2 yrs ago , We have our application to be a USDA Pet Transporter but thought the rates there were a joke , and never followed through with it.
We did deliver a dog to Nc. on our way to a wedding that paid for most of our fuel , and brought back to Mass. a load of rescue dogs from near Newland , Nc.
On the U-Ship forum now it looks like You HAVE to use there version of Prey Pal and wait to get paid after You drop . ( Except for USDA shipments )
It seems to be a Hot Topic on there forums ( if You can find them ??)
Bob