2014 Dodge ProMaster 3500 3.0 I-4 Diesel vs 2015 Ford Transit 350 I-5 3.2 Diesel

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
I hope I can meet you on the road somewhere to show you. I will even pay for a new scale ticket. :D

Sent from my SM-G900P using EO Forums mobile app
Where is your truck now? Is it a high top long?

How about a nice big bet that, loaded as you say, your truck is not even close to what you say? How about $5,000.00 cash bet?

Last edited:

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Where is your truck now? Is it a high top long?

How about a nice big bet that, loaded as you say, your truck is not even close to what you say? How about $5,000.00 cash bet?

The van is at an undisclosed location in GA, off of I 20 west of Atlanta. Are you somewhere nearby? I can see a cat scale from where I am sitting.

I can bet whatever you want, and you will loose. I had it weighed 3 times, one when it was new and I signed it on with panther, then again when I went to FedEx, and the last time 3 years ago when I signed on with Landstar. I can look through my stuff to see if I can find the last ticket, but I doubt I will. It has been too long. But like I said, if I see you on the road somewhere I will weigh it and show you. You can keep your money though.

You know what is interesting though? You told me not to worry about your trucks, yet you asked me a bunch of questions about mine. I never asked you a single question about yours. And by your comments you implied I am a liar. But anyways, we got a little carried away with this. My Sprinter's weight has nothing to do with ProMaster vs. Transit. If you want to continue, we can do it by PMs.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Careful. I've seen this truck. Very, very recently.
Not trying to jack up a bet. Just tread a little lighter.

EDIT - See #126.

Last edited:

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
I can tell you're hesitating because it's not a big enough bet yet right?

Alright, if yours is a high top extended, regardless of how much rust has fallen off, if it's under 5500 pounds loaded the way you say I'll give you 10,000 dollars cash, if it's over you give me.

I'm headed that way. Friday if you're still there.

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
I hope this gets cleared up before the expedite expo barbeque takes place....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
Looking at the boards, the only TN1 $printer rated 3,200 pounds cargo, by any carrier, west of Atlanta is going to deliver it tomorrow by 8 o'clock in Marietta Georgia. It happens to be a long tall TN1.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hard to compete when some take this kind of weight!!!
<POSTINGCLASS>Sprinter Van</POSTINGCLASS>
<PAYLOAD>3800</PAYLOAD>
<DOCKLEVEL>N</DOCKLEVEL>
<DIMS>
<BOXLENGTH>180</BOXLENGTH>
<BOXWIDTH>55</BOXWIDTH>
<BOXHEIGHT>71</BOXHEIGHT>

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Looking at the boards, the only TN1 $printer rated 3,200 pounds cargo, by any carrier, west of Atlanta is going to deliver it tomorrow by 8 o'clock in Marietta Georgia. It happens to be a long tall TN1.

That is not mine. I don't believe Landstar vans show up on your board. I am empty, and my van is rated at 2500 with Landstar even though legally I can carry 3000+. Anything more than 2500-2600 lbs can go on a straight truck. Now I understand what your comment was about going to Marietta, GA.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Go with the gasser. I used to be a diehard diesel person, but after having my current van with the 5.4 gasser, I wouldn't want it any other way. At 370,000 miles so far, original eng, trans, and rears, I cannot see the advantage of having a diesel. Gas engines last longer today, possibly as long as a diesel engine, if maintained and treated properly. The absence of having to put DEF fluid in, anti-gel, the chance of the emissions system malfunctioning, the higher cost of diesel fuel in itself, the cold weather issues that could arise....versus a gasser....just gas it up and go...the cheaper cost of gas could outweigh the better fuel mileage a diesel may get..and, of course, if a van needs to idle for a bit, a gasser can handle that better than a diesel, even though idling is not good, period, for any engine.

What is the difference now days between diesels and gas...spark plugs ..and as you said gas has 0 modge podge emissions ..last gas van I had ..sold it with 720,000 4.8L chevy.. no benefit I can possibly think of for running a diesel in this line of work anymore..

Sent from my SM-G900V using EO Forums mobile app

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
That is not mine. I don't believe Landstar vans show up on your board. I am empty, and my van is rated at 2500 with Landstar even though legally I can carry 3000+. Anything more than 2500-2600 lbs can go on a straight truck. Now I understand what your comment was about going to Marietta, GA.
True. I have not figured out how to track Landstar trucks yet