2014 Dodge ProMaster 3500 3.0 I-4 Diesel vs 2015 Ford Transit 350 I-5 3.2 Diesel

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It sure is a sweet looking van. Just waiting at least another year to see how the 4 cylinder engine is holding up.

Sent from my SM-G900P using EO Forums mobile app
And the 7 sp. trans. I like how they went back to the cheaper fuel filter too.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have not seen a single diesel promaster on a lot, from what I have read they are not building them yet. Not sure about the transit, but all of the ones I have seen on dealer lots were gas also.

Another point to make is that the ecoboost engine has 2 turbos and is direct injection, just like the diesel, so complexity wise not much difference between that and the diesel

Sent from my SM-T217T using EO Forums mobile app

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Did some searching last night, I was able to find one diesel transit, but still no diesel promaster.

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
Did some searching last night, I was able to find one diesel transit, but still no diesel promaster.

My dealer says he expects to start seeing them next month. I did just order a diesel Promaster but it will not arrive until December

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
My dealer says he expects to start seeing them next month. I did just order a diesel Promaster but it will not arrive until December

How much did it end up? The diesel one.

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
How much did it end up? The diesel one.

Assuming they still have the $1,000 upfitter rebate and the $1,000 regular rebate in December, it's going to cost just under $39,000, tax included, for a 3500 159" wb extended.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Assuming they still have the $1,000 upfitter rebate and the $1,000 regular rebate in December, it's going to cost just under $39,000, tax included, for a 3500 159" wb extended.

Does that price include the air ride seat?

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator

Pretty good price.

Don't know what state you live in, but in some states you don't have to pay sales tax if the van is used in interstate commerce. I know Ohio and Tennessee are like that. Check it out, you might save some money.

guido4475

Not a Member
Anyone notice how long one of the wiper blades is on the Transit? .......30" in case you're wondering....WTH???...lol.....The reason I know it is 30" is a driver friend of mine, king of expedite loads, got out and measured this wiper blade of Mondo lengths.....I think they need to re-con****ulate this a little...lol....

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I seem to recall when Dodge was selling the Sprinters how so many on here were complaining about cost of repairs and "no parts to be found syndrome". I also remember reading how much they were paying for broken Turbo's. I hope the Engineer who designed that turbo isn't responsible for the dual turbo's. He'll probably get a good laugh from that. So to my point, has Chrysler changed that much?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Those things had very little to do with chrysler. The sprinter has been and always will be a Mercedes regardless of the badge on it.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC123

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
If I purchase a new van in ohio. Then sign on with a company. Do I have to pay sales tax at the dealership?

I don't know if you can do it if you are not already signed on with a company.

My friend was already signed on, bought the van, didn't pay the taxes at the dealership, but got a bill from the state to pay the taxes. Then he provided them with the lease, etc and never heard back from them yet.

You can try it, the worse that can happen is that you have to cough up 2k or so for the taxes later on, instead of up front.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If I purchase a new van in ohio. Then sign on with a company. Do I have to pay sales tax at the dealership?
schwanman
user-offline.png

reputation_pos.png
Join DateNov 2011Posts1

Hmmm --- Member since Nov 2011 and just posting first post?

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Been busy selling Ice Cream

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020W using EO Forums mobile app

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Jeff Wyler Says no delivery for the Diesel Promaster until Quarter 1 of 2015 as of today! Diesels have been pushed back again, I said no thanks! Spec'd the 3.5L High Roof Extended Transit in Color Blue Jean! 6-8 week from date of order but dealer thinks 4 weeks!!! Bring it baby! So excited...