Retired Expediter
US Navy
have had my sprinter 2011 for 1 month
202.659 gals $ 651.09 5,000 miles

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yeah, but so is having exactly 5000 miles on the odometer in exactly one month. :D

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Yeap very impressive on both .... and as Ken said, best i have heard has been in the 19-20 area also..but then Leo gets better mileage out of his Chevy then I do mine too...:D...Congrats!!!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeap very impressive on both .... and as Ken said, best i have heard has been in the 19-20 area also..but then Leo gets better mileage out of his Chevy then I do mine too...:D...Congrats!!!

Then again if geo is getting 24mpg...TJ best slow down with his 17/18 mpg...he is the one buying the fuel*L*

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
OVM wrote:

Then again if geo is getting 24mpg...TJ best slow down with his 17/18 mpg...he is the one buying the fuel*L*

Yea he is paying for it, but wait till he becomes an "owner"....:D

jugbutt

Seasoned Expediter
I wonder if you can use a K&N filter and see a differance in mpg?

I thought Tj was a owner? Or does he drive for a fleetowner?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
A turbocharger combined with silica (sand) makes a very efficient sandblaster, and a K&N filter famously allows silica (one of the most abundant minerals on the planet) to pass through their filters unimpeded. Not a problem with a conventional engine, but it's a real booger with a TDI motor.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
going in for the first oil change on 04/02/11 at tysinger
will have 9,000 miles by oil changer

Godwindaniel

Seasoned Expediter
Here are some tips. Don't idle the vehicle excessively. Your engine wont create good heat until you are driving it. Use the right fuel, which I guess most are, and use the right oil. These will all help to keep the soot load down thus preventing as much from getting into the EGR valve.