The Fake News Depot

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Incidentally, and ironically, 3 years ago ABC moved The View from its Entertainment Group to the Non-fiction Group headed by ABC News.

I think they need to move it back, because Joy's joyful chair-hopping leg-tingle news on Friday was literally pure fictional entertainment.
Was pretty funny. Probably went through a whole box of tissue once she heard the factual news.:D

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Trump 33.png .
This isn't fake news but it demonstrates how the MSM crafts articles to undermine anything Trump. No way would it ever read: Economy skyrockets Trump approval. Obama yes, Trump no.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
View attachment 16860 .
This isn't fake news but it demonstrates how the MSM crafts articles to undermine anything Trump. No way would it ever read: Economy skyrockets Trump approval.
Well probably not without, you know, the economy actually skyrocketing Cheeto's approval.

Moving from 40% to 45% ain't exactly fireworks IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

muttly

Veteran Expediter
An interesting article about a reporter and how it appears he was the recipient of stories leaked to him by an FBI agent and his friend.
From article:
In this example there’s a really odd dynamic about using the subject of the article as a source of information on the subject of the article. “According to people familiar with the matter”, is likely to be Peter Strzok and Lisa Page themselves.

That’s perhaps the weirdest example of journalistic ethical juxtaposition in the past few months. Again, “sources say” now appears to be reporter Devlin Barrett writing an article based on direct information from Lisa Page and Peter Strzok who were the subjects of the story. Obviously they would have a vested legal interest in shaping/spinning that story in a very specific direction.
Controversial FBI Officials Linked To Wall Street Journal and Washington Post Leaks…

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
The three above are not themselves fake news ... but they do refute some fake news that's been floating around.

Enjoy ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Worn Out Manager

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
A political entity? Rather vague eh? Why weren't they more forthcoming that the Dossier was paid for by the Clinton campaign.
Probably to avoid supplying info that could allow making a decision on anything other than those things material to probable cause to issue or renew based on the strict facts/evidence.

IOW: to prevent the possibility of a politically motivated decision.

Long story short: who isn't really relevant to the Judge's decision.

Wouldn't that be the more honest thing to put in the FISA application? Or were they worried that by doing so it would be rejected.

You think the Judge couldn't have demanded that info if he felt it might be in any way relevant ?

After all, at that point da Judge was holding all the cards ... they sure weren't going to force him to issue or renew.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
A political entity? Rather vague eh? Why weren't they more forthcoming that the Dossier was paid for by the Clinton campaign.
Probably to avoid supplying info that could allow making a decision on anything other than those things material to probable cause to issue or renew based on the strict facts/evidence.

EasyBadBorer-max-1mb.gif

giphy.gif

ROFLMAO.gif

OMG, Dood. The provenance of the dossier is material to probable cause.

Reactions: davekc and muttly

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Gotta luv this one...

CNN runs this headline
Right-wing media obsesses over FBI text message story; hours later it's debunked

CNN accuses Fox of going with a single theory of why "potus wants to know everything we're doing" appeared in the Strzok-Page text messages. Probably because, hey, don't mess with Obama. Obama is off limits!

Fox pushed, not surprisingly, the theory that Obama at the very least knew what was going on the Strzok's and Page's activities, but also speculated that Obama was fully engaged. If you look at the timeline of the Strzok and Page text messages, and what they were working on, that's actually the theory that makes the most sense. But Fox also mentioned that it might be that potus wants to be kept apprised of the Trump-Russia investigation (which is what CNN is going with), because he was heading to China in a few days and would meet with Putin (where he would tell Putin to "knock it off."). And they also posited a couple of other theories, but the bottom line was, nobody knows for sure what the potus reference means.

CNN decided they like their own theory best, and confirmed their theory with the ever-chatty "people familiar with the matter." Since CNN has been all over the text messages coverage, they were able to find someone that confirmed their theory word-for-word. They even found someone who knows what Strzok was thinking.

When you read the article, though, the main thing you get from the piece is that CNN really hates, I mean HATES, Fox News. And the other conservative media.

"Before other media outlets could provide the proper context for the text message, the narrative ricocheted through the pro-Trump media universe in what has become a pattern for stories that seem to call the investigation into Trump into question, or suggest that the investigation into Clinton wasn't thorough."

I busted out laughing when I read the emphasized comment. ALL other media, all of them, are speculating just like CNN and Fox News is. The emphasized text seems more like code for "before emails could circulate in order for us in the unbiased and totally non-partisan media could get our talking points together."

Within a couple of hours, all of the mainstream media were reporting the story using the same language, phrasing and buzzwords... as each other. That's an impossibility absent coordination (or, dare I say, collusion). <snicker>

Reactions: davekc and muttly