The Fake News Depot

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I guess it would be funny if it wasn't so prevalent with the MSM. If the Dow Jones Average drops, it leads the evening news. If it closes up, it comes later and usually with a but...

Last edited:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That sign is at a huge candy store about 8 miles from my house. Its south of Shakopee, MN on U.S. 169. The sign sprang up earlier this week after much of Minnesota and other parts of the upper midwest got dumped on by a late season snow storm. More snow is expected tomorrow.

The sign, at least how I interpret it is pro Trump. In just two years he was able to end 200 years of global warming and the proof is on the ground.
Trump 56789.JPG

muttly

Veteran Expediter
That sign is at a huge candy store about 8 miles from my house. Its south of Shakopee, MN on U.S. 169. The sign sprang up earlier this week after much of Minnesota and other parts of the upper midwest got dumped on by a late season snow storm. More snow is expected tomorrow.

The sign, at least how I interpret it is pro Trump. In just two years he was able to end 200 years of global warming and the proof is on the ground.
Interesting. Didn't know the background of the picture, just knew it was from Minnesota.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
30 percent of people said they trust Fox more than the president, while 20 percent said they trust the president more. 37 percent said they trust both equally. Respondents were more likely to say that they trusted CNN and MSNBC more than president.

It is sad that it has come to this; who do you trust more, the President or a certain news outlet. If your news gathering is limited to one or two sources and you are blind enough to trust those sources, you are being controlled. But, as long as you are controlled by an organization you trust, what could possibly go wrong?

Last edited:
Reactions: blackpup and Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I guess you saw all the FAKE NEWS from CNN about Admiral Ronny Jackson and his antics on overseas trips. One that Manu Raju, CNN"s cracker Jack reporter, related was when Jackson got drunk in 2015 and banged on the door of a female employee, and he was so loud that the Secret Service had to get involved out of fear he'd wake Obama.

Secret Service says newp, never happened. In fact, they have no record of Jackson being involved in any inappropriate behavior whatsoever during not only 2015, but during any of his tenure at the White House.

All of these stories from CNN (and to be fair, other MSM outlets) were attributed to anonymous sources. It's to the point now where any unnamed sources should be either dismissed outright or viewed with massive skepticism. A few unsourced stories turn out to be true, but they have now become the exception rather than the rule. It used to be that anonymous sources were independently verified by a minimum or two additional sources. Not anymore. Now they're either not verified at all, or the same source is sourced multiple times via proxy. It's always more or less been the case where what gets reported is not even close to what all really happened, and it's been mostly accurate but not necessarily truthful. Nowadays it's not even all that accurate, so there's not even lines to read between to get at the truth.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The last paragraph of the above linked article pretty much sums up how Trump's presidency is reported by much of the media; artisan crafted signature news.

A media that desires to hold this president accountable simply must be accurate in its newswriting. It failed dramatically here, and failed to hold itself accountable when caught. This is why the media’s credibility is in tatters and why President Trump and others find it so easy to hold them up for ridicule.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If you haven't seen this, I highly recommend it. For most it'll be a real eye-opener. Sharyl Attkisson gives the history of the concept of "fake news" and who started it, who funded it, and what it really is. Most may remember how it was seemingly all of a sudden everywhere in the news. Well, it turns out that was by design. Funded for a political purpose.

This is about 12 minutes of the full speech given at Hillsdale College on April 11, 2018. The full video is an hour, and it's also well worth seeing. But watch the shorter version to see if you're interested in watching the entire video (full video link).

Reactions: muttly and davekc

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
If you haven't seen this, I highly recommend it. For most it'll be a real eye-opener. Sharyl Attkisson gives the history of the concept of "fake news" and who started it, who funded it, and what it really is. Most may remember how it was seemingly all of a sudden everywhere in the news. Well, it turns out that was by design. Funded for a political purpose.

This is about 12 minutes of the full speech given at Hillsdale College on April 11, 2018. The full video is an hour, and it's also well worth seeing. But watch the shorter version to see if you're interested in watching the entire video (full video link).
She actually has two or three books out that give some pretty good insight to the media.

Reactions: muttly and Turtle

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Yes, very good. A hostile takeover by Trump. Exactly right. I doubt any other President on the Republican side could have completely shoved the term back at the them like Trump has done. And many in the news media keep 'feeding the fire', so to speak, by continuously getting facts wrong in their news stories allowing Trump to pounce on them repeatedly. But they aren't just innocent mistakes in many cases. They're error prone stories due largely to their dislike or hatred for Trump and exuberance to damage him politically without thoroughly checking their facts. Then Trump has a rally or press conference and points out the Fake News. Rubs their noses in it again and again.
Thanks Trump

Reactions: davekc and Turtle

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Talk about fake news..... these guys weren't taking a protest knee, this was a pre-game prayer.

180605-Tani-Fox-News-eagles-praying-hero_sjtuik