The Fake News Depot

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Talk about fake news..... these guys weren't taking a protest knee, this was a pre-game prayer.

180605-Tani-Fox-News-eagles-praying-hero_sjtuik
Was it reported they were taking a knee during the playing of the National Anthem?
It was an accusation made during coverage of Drumpette un-inviting the Eagles to the White House.

Fox News Falsely Accuses Eagles Players Of Kneeling During Anthem

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

muttly

Veteran Expediter
The photo shown next to Fox News' Shannon Breem implies they are kneeling in protest.(They are actually praying )If you look closely at the picture though it is obvious it wasn't during the National Anthem. But still a misleading picture. Only one preseason player from the Eagles ( No longer on the team) knelt for the National Anthem.
On a related note. Many Eagle players may have not wanted to go to the White house because of Trumps position on kneeling during the National anthem, though the players deny this. They say it is other reasons of dislike of Trump instead. But take that denial with a grain of salt. It probably had some impact.

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Fox said they were in error and apologized. I would say that is better than pulling a Times and doubling down on stupidity. lol.:D

Reactions: RoadTime and Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Wow. On the heels of the Rob Cox extravaganza, check out this completely impartial and unbiased story from the Washington Post (sorry, I couldn't even type that with a straight face). As you read the story, well, one, it doesn't even touch the headline until paragraph 10, so if this was turned in as journalism homework it would be graded as a D, and two, the "blame and division" is 97 percent pointed at Fox News (reporter Trace Gallagher) and Neil Cavuto, despite Gallagher and Cavuto doing the exact opposite of "blame and division," noting there was nothing political about the newspaper itself that might indicate some kind of motive. The other 3 percent was listing an untrue quote from NPR about accusing Trump of saying that journalists are the enemy of the American people (fact check: Trump never said that), and a paragraph about Fox News host Sean Hannity, on his radio show (which is from Premier Networks and has nothing to do with Fox News) and his comments on Maxine Waters.

It's an incredibly one-sided, and lazy effort as journalism.

Probably from a journalist who doesn't know the difference between "journalism" and "fake news."

Reactions: muttly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
I think there is a difference between rhetoric that criticizes someone( Trump and Fake News) and rhetoric that pretty much tells people to get in someone's face and harass them.
Maxine Waters' quote:
"If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them, and you tell them they're not welcome anymore, anywhere,"

Check out @NBCNews’s Tweet: NBC News on Twitter

Reactions: Moot and Turtle

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
More artisan crafted, signature news from the Minneapolis StarTribune. The headline for this positive article on the effect of corporate tax cuts for Minnesota based corporations gives credit to Uncle Sam. President Donald Trump, the man whose campaign platform stressed corporate tax reduction isn't mentioned by name until the 14th paragraph of a total of 22 paragraphs. Then it only gives him credit for signing it into law, not championing both corporate and personal income tax reforms.
Strib 1.png
Strib 02.png

Reactions: davekc and Turtle

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I like her! She currently has the most difficult job in America. She's tough, quick, pretty much goes it alone and doesn't back down.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
"I'm Good Enough, I'm Smart Enough, and Doggone It, People Like Me!" -
Al Franken believes the above Stuart Smalley line applies to him. He recently announced that he hasn't ruled out running again for public office. If Franken ran for Governor of Minnesota with Garrison Keillor on the ticket as Lieutenant Governor, this dynamic duo would probably win.

Reactions: Turtle

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
And here i thought the Michigan voter had the lowest IQ.

It's not a matter of low IQ. Minnesota is a very liberal state. As such, the majority of the voting population prefers "touchy, feely" candidates like Franken and Keillor.:eek:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
"Pulse Of The People", six people, that's funny. What a loaded question: ...are you just as excited or do you regret your vote? Excited? That sounds like an adjective used in a question aimed at Bernie Sanders supporters.

Six people and only 3 are still "excited", 2 apparently aren't "excited" and of course there is the one regretful dolt who gets all the airtime. If a person voted for Trump in November of 2016, how could they have any regrets. President Trump has accomplished or is working on almost all of his campaign promises. What's to regret?

Question for CNN employees: Do you still beat your spouse?

muttly

Veteran Expediter
And here i thought the Michigan voter had the lowest IQ.

It's not a matter of low IQ. Minnesota is a very liberal state. As such, the majority of the voting population prefers "touchy, feely" candidates like Franken and Keillor.:eek:
I wonder if a state like Minnesota will ever vote a majority for a Republican for President. Trump flirted with winning there. Even campaigning in Minnesota in the closing days before the election. He came up a bit short. I didn't think though that Trump would win a state like Wisonsin or Pennsylvania even with many "conservatives" in those states. Trump winning Michigan was a surprise to me. Living here i saw all the yard signs but still had some doubts. I look at Minnesota as a possibility in 2020. I see similarities with them and a state like a North Dakota or South Dakota. The major difference being Minnesota's large metropolitan area that votes Democrat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moot and Turtle