Our latest technology tool

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ok so what kind of features would you all want to see in a driver app?
A Common Sense Button .. lol

All joking aside ... i understand Your continued efforts towards helping ALL your drivers .... But (common sense) drivers should know when they are offered a Load to this or that area .. what load offers will they get out ,how soon , if any , am i given any extra up front to DH out quickly ... the dispatcher on the phone doesn't have all day on phone waiting for your answer ...

O/OP or Drivers should've educated themselves up front on loads , freight areas , Dead freight areas ... My Leased to Carrier is also my Business partner .... but You Carriers shouldn't have to Hold My Hand and wipe my runny nose.. You (Carriers) have a bigger business to run , with a Huge overhead ... most drivers need to pull up their own pants and tie their own shoes ... IMO

I think its Great the efforts You go to help your Drivers/O/OP ... so now maybe they will call in less taking up valuable dispatcher phone time ... and put on their own pants ... again just My Own Opinion on topic .. and i hope your Drivers take Full advantage of this service ....

another day .. another pond

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
1458fde19ccaccb852ec8268b970a192.gif

Easy ... not so Fast ...
OVM is still figuring out a Keyboard ...

latest

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well I think good drivers have a feel for the areas... but that is still a lot of guessing and markets and freight flows change so fast. Having a dynamic tool to see history and real time data is a whole different deal. I will say Turtle was a beta tester and as smart and freight savvy as he is, he quickly found that it changed a lot of his calls and decisions and produced results.

Reactions: RoadTime and Turtle

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
john keep up the great job you are doing for your drivers

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
But (common sense) drivers should know when they are offered a Load to this or that area .. what load offers will they get out ,how soon , if any , am i given any extra up front to DH out quickly ... the dispatcher on the phone doesn't have all day on phone waiting for your answer ...
The common sense of which you speak is based on prior recommendations and previous experience. The app has proven just how quickly common sense experience can become outdated and stale. Common sense says go here, but the app shows common sense sent everybody else to the same place, too, and there's not as many loads coming out of there as you thought, and you have a better chance of getting loaded over there, where there is load activity and no trucks.

My Leased to Carrier is also my Business partner .... but You Carriers shouldn't have to Hold My Hand and wipe my runny nose..
Don't confuse Load One with Panther.

and put on their own pants
and don't lump all Load One drivers with the Bison Boy.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well maybe when you touch a Load 1 truck they would show LA/LL numbers as well as what number they are in order of picking.

We have that where you can touch anywhere on the map, see the number of trucks within the radius and where your unit would fall in the order. You can also see the trucks on the map, so maybe you would be number three but the other two are on the north side of a city...you may choose to move to another side to give yourself a better position depending on the reaction time needed for the load.

Reactions: billg27

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The common sense of which you speak is based on prior recommendations and previous experience. The app has proven just how quickly common sense experience can become outdated and stale. Common sense says go here, but the app shows common sense sent everybody else to the same place, too, and there's not as many loads coming out of there as you thought, and you have a better chance of getting loaded over there, where there is load activity and no trucks.

Don't confuse Load One with Panther.

and don't lump all Load One drivers with the Bison Boy.
First off with alittle over 147,000 pd miles on my 2017 PM (158,730 total ) in 10 months in service .. i will stick with My Common Sense approach ...

2nd .. i don't / won't drive for Panther ..

3rd.. i made No Mention of OVM in my post ... so why as the Head Moderator did you drag him into Your opinion ..?

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
First off with alittle over 147,000 pd miles on my 2017 PM (158,730 total ) in 10 months in service .. i will stick with My Common Sense approach ...

Your lucky to be with the hot carrier at this time.
Times change, contracts change. Enjoy what you have. Others are not as fortunate, and need all the help or any edge they can get.

Reactions: ntimevan

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
No one is implying that you should do otherwise. Common sense that works at one carrier with their customer base might not work well at all at another carrier with a different customer base. So, unless you leased on with Load One, your common sense is less than meaningless in the context of the Load One Driver app. As well, almost but not quite as meaningless is what You would like to see in the Load One Driver App.

Panther is known for having to hold hands, wipe noses, and help drivers put on their pants. Load One is not. Implying that Load One dispatchers have to do those things for their drivers is not only breathtakingly ignorant and incorrect, it's insulting.

3rd.. i made No Mention of OVM in my post ... so why as the Head Moderator did you drag him into Your opinion ..?
Because I felt like it, and because you previously dragged him into this thread.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force

Someone pass the popcorn please.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: Turtle and ntimevan

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well this certainly got off track. Think we can all rise above and bring it back on track?

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well this certainly got off track. Think we can all rise above and bring it back on track?

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
When touching my location on screen, the total number of units in area was like 39. Never have I seen that number when I am at home. I think the Load 1 units and the partner units are. combined together under this arrangement. No other explanation that I can think of.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Great app! Where I'm at knowledge is power and power is considered a dangerous thing. Especially in the hands of cargo van drivers.

I used to have a handle on steady customers and where freight originated. Now it seems like most of my carrier's customers are 3PLs and freight is hit and miss, all over the place.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
When touching my location on screen, the total number of units in area was like 39. Never have I seen that number when I am at home. I think the Load 1 units and the partner units are. combined together under this arrangement. No other explanation that I can think of.
I noticed the same. But my guess is that it includes the load1 trucks that are loaded in that number just because it shows my position in line even when I'm loaded. I just checked and it shows my position in line even now when I have been oos for a few days.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Sounds like a glitch. Can you pm me or email me screen shots so I can have the tech team review it asap?