Our latest technology tool

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Click the out of service bar on the main screen and it will give you the option.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
I don’t see a out of service bar. I see a service status bar. When I touch it, it does nothing.
If you're already in-service, it won't do much.

The Service Status bar shows, well, your service status. If you're on a load, it'll tell you that. Clicking the bar will bring up the legs of the load.

If you're not on a load but are in-service, clicking the service status bar won't do anything because there's nothing to change. If you're OOS and you click the bar, it'll give you the option to go back in-service.

They don't have the option to go OOS via the app, yet. I don't for sure know why, because I haven't asked, but I have a feeling it's a Sylectus thing, same as the workflow issues. Eventually we'll be able to ARRIVE at the shipper, LOAD at the shipper, ARRIVE at delivery, and UNLOAD with Proof of Delivery at the delivery. The reason we can't do that now is because of the interface with Sylectus and Fleetvision, where the data gets there, but there are no Message IDs that can be viewed on Fleetvision or the app, meaning there is no audit trail. When you get loaded and sent the BOL, pieces and weight, the data goes to Sylectus, but there's no message to go back and look at to see who sent it or what date/time it was sent. It's like the data arrived by magic.

The same is (probably) true with going OOS, since you would normally send a reason for going OOS, and a date & time when you plan on returning (so the computer knows when you put you back in-service/unconfirmed). That's something here you'd definitely want a MessageID so that it could be reviewed (same as any other freeform message) later if there's a problem.

Reactions: RoadTime

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
If you're already in-service, it won't do much.

The Service Status bar shows, well, your service status. If you're on a load, it'll tell you that. Clicking the bar will bring up the legs of the load.

If you're not on a load but are in-service, clicking the service status bar won't do anything because there's nothing to change. If you're OOS and you click the bar, it'll give you the option to go back in-service.

They don't have the option to go OOS via the app, yet. I don't for sure know why, because I haven't asked, but I have a feeling it's a Sylectus thing, same as the workflow issues. Eventually we'll be able to ARRIVE at the shipper, LOAD at the shipper, ARRIVE at delivery, and UNLOAD with Proof of Delivery at the delivery. The reason we can't do that now is because of the interface with Sylectus and Fleetvision, where the data gets there, but there are no Message IDs that can be viewed on Fleetvision or the app, meaning there is no audit trail. When you get loaded and sent the BOL, pieces and weight, the data goes to Sylectus, but there's no message to go back and look at to see who sent it or what date/time it was sent. It's like the data arrived by magic.

The same is (probably) true with going OOS, since you would normally send a reason for going OOS, and a date & time when you plan on returning (so the computer knows when you put you back in-service/unconfirmed). That's something here you'd definitely want a MessageID so that it could be reviewed (same as any other freeform message) later if there's a problem.

We may have found a work around to get a lot of this to work. Meeting and testing this week.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Or does it?????

a379b55d9b1cfa6ca2019fa96194971d.jpg