Our latest technology tool

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
At CRE we keep costs down, Murray just reads our minds

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app
At my last carrier the QC was actually no better then using the phone for tracking as theirs is internet based and not satilite ... no phone service no QC so in theory CRE and PTLs could be said better because of no $30.00 fee for no service... ;)
XPO was actually better is was satilite based always had some form of communication :)

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
At my last carrier the QC was actually no better then using the phone for tracking as theirs is internet based and not satilite ... no phone service no QC so in theory CRE and PTLs could be said better because of no $30.00 fee for no service... ;)
XPO was actually better is was satilite based always had some form of communication :)
Of course, no matter how sophisticated you get, some azz from broker will call at 4AM for a position update.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Of course, no matter how sophisticated you get, some azz from broker will call at 4AM for a position update.

Yeah I had the Load 1 app and they still call! Lol

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army

Not actually true. Satellites have to have a clear line of sight to get a signal so that has long been an issue. For instance you can be parked next to a building or in a city and get no coverage but they will get a signal in the middle of nowhere out west. Terrestrial based units like the newer omnitracs units operate over a multitude of cellular service providers so they have a much larger coverage footprint than any one cell provider. Both have positives and negatives.

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Not actually true. Satellites have to have a clear line of site to get a signal so that has long been an issue. For instance you can be parked next to a building or in a city and get no coverage. Terrestrial based units like the newer omnitracs units operate over a multitude of cellular service providers so they have a much larger coverage footprint than any one cell provider. Both have positives and negatives.

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums
Agreed...many a time backing into a building and “arrived” was never received until after I pulled out...

Reactions: jelliott

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Could you share a little about the new driver app?

Sure. It does a lot of basic functionality such as:
Revenue and deductions displayed by day
Show and can change in service status
You can scan or take pics and upload ppwk
It shows you loads without paperwork
Automatically shows the contact button for the office that our truck is running the load for.
Shows current HOS data
Omnitracs messages come to app and driver can respond so they don’t have to be with the truck.
Drivers will be able to do all workflow such as arrived and loaded check calls

Then some REALLY cool stuff like:
Be able to map Load One load data by vehicle size. Drivers can view booked loads by last two days. Last 14 days or 30 days. Also they can look at a certain day of the week so like last Monday vs today. They can look at based on any location.

Then they can also view loads that we had to broker or turn down due to not having a Load One truck available. They can also look at on the map what we are seeing for bid opportunities from NLM XPO and Active Aero.

They can also see available Load One units on the maps and they can also see many of our other partner carriers units.

They can also do a virtual macro 19 and see how many units in any area and what number in the order they would be.

Plus it does a ton more already and this is only our first version.

Our drivers now have access to an unprecedented amount of functionality and data to manage their business and to best position themselves for more and faster load opportunities.

We truly think this is going to be a game changer and our drivers are already seeing a great benefit!!!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
This app gives more info than the qc ever did when we do a mac 19 message.

Yes that feature alone is pretty cool. Just touch anywhere on the map and all the info including miles to position there. Hands down a whole new level of business data intelligence right in the drivers hand.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Last edited:
Reactions: Moot and RoadTime

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Ok so what kind of features would you all want to see in a driver app?

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ok so what kind of features would you all want to see in a driver app?
1458fde19ccaccb852ec8268b970a192.gif

Easy ... not so Fast ...
OVM is still figuring out a Keyboard ...

another day .. another pond

Reactions: Worn Out Manager