The Trump Card...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Talk about sensational headlines that blow things way out of proportion. I read on FOX today that Chic-Fil-A is overhauling their menu. Overhauling it!! I read down and it turns out they are adding a BBQ chicken sandwich. Overhauling indeed. That just proves FOX news has no credibility

Sent from my XT1635-01 using EO Forums mobile app
Link to the aforementioned sensational (and presumably misleading) headline, please.

The only sensational and misleading headline for this story that I've come across is from AOL that states:
"Chick-fil-A is launching a sandwich that's like nothing on the menu"

That leads one to conclude the new sandwich won't be chicken, since, you know, the menu is chock full of chicken.

Apparently, David Farmer, Chick-fil-A vice president of menu strategy and development, the guy in charge of the menu, thinks that by calling it a "Smokehouse BBQ Bacon Sandwich" is different and "unlike anything we have on the menu" because it doesn't have the word chicken in it.

Turns out, it's not even barbecued chicken. It's a regular grilled chicken breast (on that ridiculously trendy and overly sweet Hawaiian Style bun), with candied bacon and (uninspired, bland and boring) Colby Jack cheese, with a BBQ sauce infused with enough liquid smoke to make you believe the chicken was slow roasted over a traditional BBQ smoker. It will be available on the menu through August 19.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The only sensational and misleading headline for this story that I've come across is from AOL that states:
"Chick-fil-A is launching a sandwich that's like nothing on the menu"

That leads one to conclude the new sandwich won't be chicken, since, you know, the menu is chock full of chicken.
I think the new sandwich is call To-fu-A, geared toward the vegan/atheist crowd.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Talk about sensational headlines that blow things way out of proportion. I read on FOX today that Chic-Fil-A is overhauling their menu. Overhauling it!! I read down and it turns out they are adding a BBQ chicken sandwich. Overhauling indeed. That just proves FOX news has no credibility

Sent from my XT1635-01 using EO Forums mobile app

Was this before or after the Comey memo? :D

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Trump 'hoped', therefore he obstructed justice.
That's certainly the knee-jerk narrative that's being put forth by the various and sundry morons and idiots, many of whom on Capitol Hill are real, actual lawyers with a law degree and everything and should know better.

Fun Fact: If, at the time of that conversation between Trump and Comey, where Trump allegedly asked Comey to kill off the Michael Flynn investigation, Comey felt in any way that it was an attempt by Trump to obstruct justice, Comey would have been required under federal law (18 USC 4) to immediately (ASAP) inform the Department of Justice of Trump's alleged felony. Failure to do so is three years in federal prison. There is no evidence, not even a hint of a whiff of a leak, that Comey thus informed the DOJ about such a a clear and unambiguous impeachable offense.

So, does Comey now absolve Trump of these absurd "high crimes and misdemeanors" allegations, or does he implicate himself and cop to a felony?

Reactions: muttly and davekc

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Trump 'hoped', therefore he obstructed justice.
That's certainly the knee-jerk narrative that's being put forth by the various and sundry morons and idiots, many of whom on Capitol Hill are real, actual lawyers with a law degree and everything and should know better.

Fun Fact: If, at the time of that conversation between Trump and Comey, where Trump allegedly asked Comey to kill off the Michael Flynn investigation, Comey felt in any way that it was an attempt by Trump to obstruct justice, Comey would have been required under federal law (18 USC 4) to immediately (ASAP) inform the Department of Justice of Trump's alleged felony. Failure to do so is three years in federal prison. There is no evidence, not even a hint of a whiff of a leak, that Comey thus informed the DOJ about such a a clear and unambiguous impeachable offense.

So, does Comey now absolve Trump of these absurd "high crimes and misdemeanors" allegations, or does he implicate himself and cop to a felony?

"Hoping" it will go away isn't obstruction. Not even remotely close. This is going to be fun to watch. Democrats and MSM are falling all over themselves with these "unnamed sources".
Same with the Russia meeting. All kinds of madness from people that were not in the meeting. smh.

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
"Hoping" it will go away isn't obstruction. Not even remotely close. This is going to be fun to watch. Democrats and MSM are falling all over themselves with these "unnamed sources".
Same with the Russia meeting. All kinds of madness from people that were not in the meeting. smh.
Even Nancy Pelosi (NANCY FRIGGIN' PELOSI, FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD!) is saying those who are calling for impeachment are doing so without any facts, saying that if they can’t make the case they shouldn’t even suggest the idea.

“In other words, again, if you are talking about impeachment, you are talking about what are the facts. Not, that I don’t like him and I don’t like his hair and — what are the facts?” What are the facts that you would make a case on? What are the rules that he may have violated? If you don’t have that case you are just participating in more hearsay.”

I mean, c'mon, you gotta be a really special kind of Libtard to get bitch-slapped by Nancy Pelosi.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Even Nancy Pelosi (NANCY FRIGGIN' PELOSI, FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD!) is saying those who are calling for impeachment are doing so without any facts, saying that if they can’t make the case they shouldn’t even suggest the idea.

“In other words, again, if you are talking about impeachment, you are talking about what are the facts. Not, that I don’t like him and I don’t like his hair and — what are the facts?” What are the facts that you would make a case on? What are the rules that he may have violated? If you don’t have that case you are just participating in more hearsay.”

I mean, c'mon, you gotta be a really special kind of Libtard to get bitch-slapped by Nancy Pelosi.

True. They have to even watch the Russian stuff because Obama wanted to share intel with Russia over Syria. Shhhhh.......cant talk about that. lol

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
image.jpeg View attachment 15784 View attachment 15784

True. They have to even watch the Russian stuff because Obama wanted to share intel with Russia over Syria. Shhhhh.......cant talk about that. lol

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Trump adds Barack Obama to the list of possible nominees for the Director of the FBI.
Democrats vehemently object. They think a former president would give the current president a pass.

OK, I made that up.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Trump adds Barack Obama to the list of possible nominees for the Director of the FBI.
Democrats vehemently object. They think a former president would give the current president a pass.

OK, I made that up.

No, no. I just Checked and a anonymous source says it is true.

Reactions: RoadTime and muttly

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Since I heard someone talking about it, you know it's out there.......
I think Joe Lieberman is a stupid choice, right up there with Betsy DeVos as the Secretary of Education. We don't need a politician running the FBI anymore than we need a Charter/Home School advocate running the Department of Education.

Plus, it's a 10 year appointment and Lieberman is like 97 years old or something.

The only exceptions might be Congressman Trey Gowdy (who has already said no, it has been reported), and former Michigan Congressman Mike Rogers, who was on Obama's short list for FBI Director when Obama eventually chose Comey, instead.

If Trump were to ask me my opinion, which he won't, my suggestions would be, from all of the names I've seen bandied about as possibles, 20-year FBI man Paul Abbate, currently responsible for the bureau's criminal and cyber branch, and has previously led the FBI field offices in Washington, DC and Detroit, and has overseen international terrorism investigations as a section chief. He's got all of the supervisory and field experience an FBI director needs, and by all accounts, couldn't care less about politics.

Reactions: Grizzly

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
First Choice should be hire from within FBI or DOJ.
I agree. While the FBI Director is, in the end, an executive administrative position, you can't just drop a decision-making, delegating executive in that position the way you can for many of the Cabinet positions. It needs to be someone who intimately understands the inner workings of the Bureau.

Reactions: RoadTime