Jeff Jensen 1-28-2011

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I have to say - I really miss Jeff as a friend and a working colleague here at EO. Hardly a week goes by when I don't think of him and his pithy humor.

Here are some words from his memoriam posted here on EO when he passed:

jeff-jensen.jpg

In EO’s history, there have been several unfortunate times that we created a memoriam for a member of our trucking community. This memoriam marks the passing of one of our founding members.Jeff Jensen, Editor for ExpeditersOnline.com, passed away Friday, January 28[SUP]th[/SUP], 2011.There are people you meet in your life who you never forget. A perfectly timed article, the outstanding effort to inform his readers and listeners, the genuine concern he showed when you didn’t even realize you need it, leaves an imprint.

Jeff’s writing and effort made an indelible impact in our industry.
Jeff was well liked for many reasons, not the least of which was his natural ability and unique talent to put the people he interviewed at ease. He could always find something to identify with, and he did so genuinely. It may have been because he had so many vastly different experiences- from his military service to his touring as a musician- but it was primarily just who he was.

Open and honest, Jeff’s authenticity touched us all. As you know, Jeff was the voice of the expedite trucking industry - having hosted XM Sirius’s Expediter Newsbreak from 2002 through 2006. Jeff hosting was only fitting, since he created our editorial vision in 1999 and his conviction was almost tangible when he spoke. In yet another testament to Jeff’s character- his fundamental ideas were so strong that we continue to use his editorial vision to this day.

Having been an Owner/Operator for Robert’s Express in the 1990’s, his involvement in ExpeditersOnline.com was a natural development stemming from his desire to inform and help grow other Owner/Operator’s small businesses. He met this objective with great success.As the expedited trucking industry mourns for him, we extend our most sincere sympathy to his family. We cannot imagine the grief you must feel. Please know that your husband, father, brother and son truly made a difference in the lives of all of us here at ExpeditersOnline.com He motivated us through our struggles and laughed with us in our triumphs. The loss of Jeff, our friend, colleague and expediter, leaves an emptiness that we can only attempt to fill.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Use to talk to Jeff all the time right up to the end. A true friend that will always be missed.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Jeff had the best sense of humor and he was fun to talk with. I also remember my last talk with Jeff when he said he had had enough and was done with staying alive by artificial means. He knew it was going to be quick and he had little time left.

His power to write about the Expedite Industry with his insight and sense of humor has yet to be matched. I really miss talking with Jeff and reading Jeff's articles.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'll never forget my first phone conversation with Jeff, after he left a message saying he wanted to interview me. My first reaction was "Why? I didn't apply for a job, and haven't committed a newsworthy crime, either" because in my experience, that's what gets one interviewed, right? To say I was nervous is an understatement, but within two minutes of talking to Jeff, I was laughing. We talked for a long time, and we talked several more times, and it was always enjoyable - and funny.
I miss him, too.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
jeff was a great person and had a great way with words

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I never met Jeff but talked with him several times on the phone. The voice! He had a great voice. We were talking about music once and I asked him if he ever did any singing. He said he was a drummer but never sang. What a waste, he had a great voice! Are any of his radio spots available online?

He also had the ability to take a long, rambling, incoherent phone interview with me and turn it into a magazine article that made me look as if I knew what I was doing in this industry. Truly amazing.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I never met Jeff but talked with him several times on the phone. The voice! He had a great voice. We were talking about music once and I asked him if he ever did any singing. He said he was a drummer but never sang.

Moot, in the late 70's early 80's Jeff travelled North America with a band that did the opening show for Styx.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Jeff could really paint a picture with words. Jeff could tell a story like no other and helped bring expediting to the forefront of what it is today. I called Jeff the voice of Expediting as he could of been a big time DJ. Lawrence you're a great man to remind everyone of a great man that we lost to soon.