February, the short month !!!!!!!!!

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah, that new coordinator called me last week while I was getting things wrapped up.. he seemed like a nice guy tho.. very familiar voice , like the kind of guy who would buy you lunch at Isis, hook you up with a good mechanic, etc.. if I could only place where I'd met him before ;)

Dale

Funny that you mentioned about the "very familiar voice". I was thinking the same thing when I got my two calls. ---- Former dispatcher? or talk show host?

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
Is nobody else cracking up at Shadow's comment: "mistakes will be made, but that's part of what makes us who we are and what keeps us separate from the competition"
Because the competition doesn't make mistakes?

Sorry, I have the same off kilter sense of humor as Turtle, lol. :eek:
Ok, I'm going to sleep now. Truck wash & oil change and back at it tomorrow.

After you pointed it out and re-reading it, that is funny....LOL I guess I should have changed my wording a little. :cool:

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Mi. to Tn. direct. I'm here and they ain't and only have 2 hours and 24 minutes on my clock........this should be interesting. .....:banghead:

sent from my Galaxy S3

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Mi. to Tn. direct. I'm here and they ain't and only have 2 hours and 24 minutes on my clock........this should be interesting. .....:banghead:

sent from my Galaxy S3

Worked out good. They came in at 7 am but was in no hurry for unload, so got to wait till 8:30 an do a 8/2 split and complete the run. Heading for home in a bit for a long weekend.

sent from my Galaxy S3

Last edited:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
So my day started off with a twist I didn't see coming. Went down to the new property on the way into the office to see how it looked with the tree clearing mostly complete. The street is not open to the public yet just country crews and our contractors. After looking at the progress, I notice a Ford Explorer parked farther down the road a bit in front of our property. I was turning around and thought it just seemed odd so I drove down to take a look. Sadly on the road in front of the vehicle I found the driver, dead of an apparent self inflicted gun shot. Hard to imagine what would make a man who appeared to be about 60 do such a thing and take his own life. Very sad.

No matter how bad life may be at one time. It is sad to see someone make a permanent decision about a situation that could change for the better at anytime. :(

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wow that will change your day fast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app