Santa and Jesus are white!

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
Yeah I would have dropped the "full of crap"/integrity argument too. Can't say as I blame you. Stewart has integrity and the supermarket tabloid guy and his TV network don't. Although that article about the woman that was abducted by aliens and had a child with 3 heads was pretty good. I wonder what ever happened to her. Enquiring minds want to know.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Yeah I would have dropped the "full of crap"/integrity argument too. Can't say as I blame you. Stewart has integrity and the supermarket tabloid guy and his TV network don't. Although that article about the woman that was abducted by aliens and had a child with 3 heads was pretty good. I wonder what ever happened to her. Enquiring minds want to know.

So you believe all he says is true then? I thought it was pointed out that the show was made up, fake, that people that believe it are morons? He takes things out of context and makes up his story to insult and divide. What aren't you getting?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
So you believe all he says is true then? I thought it was pointed out that the show was made up, fake, that people that believe it are morons? He takes things out of context and makes up his story to insult and divide. What aren't you getting?

Do I need to explain comedy? Do I need to explain how important integrity is to a News company? I'd even go as far as saying that someone getting their news from Stewart's show is better off than someone getting their "news" from Fox. At least with Stewart you know the ground rules (or at least most of us do) and you know not to take things at face value - in other words, do a little research. Fox on the other hand, by claiming to be a News company, claims to have integrity and yet starts right off with the ridiculous claim that they're "fair and balanced".

Here, I'll post the "best of" link again. It shows Stewart, warts and all. Sometimes funny, sometimes silly, sometimes missing the mark and looking like an idiot. His target is Beck and of course he's not on Fox any longer and he wasn't on the "News" side but don't be naive and think that the brass at Fox didn't give their approval for the bizarre things that Beck said.

#2 Simple Math is good - "fair and balanced"?!?!

http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/...est-jon-stewartglenn-beck-gotcha-moments.html

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
It is amazing what amuses us, it's time for a change up, IMHO. We sound like a bunch of old farts/hens clucking/but the joys of free speech are for all...............

witness23

Veteran Expediter

Again, I'm glad you quoted the Wanderer because you could've inserted just about any of the Fox personalities and your statement would still be accurate. The unfortunate thing is, FoxNews is supposed to be a news organization. Here, let's try it out using your words from above.

So you believe all of what Greg Gutfeld says is true then? I thought it was pointed out that the show was made up, fake, that people that believe it are morons? He takes things out of context and makes up his story to insult and divide. What aren't you getting?

So you believe all of what The Five (Tantaros, Beckel, Perino, Boling) says is true then? I thought it was pointed out that the show was made up, fake, that people that believe it are morons? They take things out of context and make up stories to insult and divide. What aren't you getting?

So you believe all the things they say on the Curvy Couch (Kilmeade, Hasselbeck, Doocy) are true then? I thought it was pointed out that their show was made up, fake, that people that believe it are morons? They take things out of context and makes up stories to insult and divide. What aren't you getting?

So you believe all Gretchen Carlson says on her show is true then? I thought it was pointed out that the show was made up, fake, that people that believe it are morons? She takes things out of context and makes up her stories to insult and divide. What aren't you getting?

So you believe all of what Gretchen Carlsonsays is true then? I thought it was pointed out that the show was made up, fake, that people that believe it are morons? She takes things out of context and she makes up her stories to insult and divide. What aren't you getting?
To be fair, Gretchen isn't that bad, but she just does and say's what her boss tells her to and just goes along to get along. Integrity shot.

So you believe all that Bill O'reilly says is true then? I thought it was pointed out that the show was made up, fake, that people that believe it are morons? He takes things out of context and makes up his story to insult and divide. What aren't you getting?

So you believe all that Megyn Kelly says is true then? I thought it was pointed out that the show was made up, fake, that people that believe it are morons? She takes things out of context and makes up her story to insult and divide. What aren't you getting?

So you believe all that Sean Hannity says is true then? I thought it was pointed out that the show was made up, fake, that people that believe it are morons? He takes things out of context and makes up his story to insult and divide. What aren't you getting?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I think with Fox, I would say better balanced, but not always fair. Better balanced because they are somewhat stronger at having both political parties represented than the other networks on a given subject. But they do throw the right wing slant to plenty of it. I would also say for television media, they are stronger at presenting stories that the other networks generally won't touch or just skim over. Just my opinion of course but I think that along with certain personalities is what gives them the ratings they have.
Any one can be critical, but up to this point, no one has or offers a better alternative as far as TV media. Well except maybe C-span on a specific political item. No host and no slant.

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You didn't list the Special Report with Brett Baier. You listed all OPINION SHOWS on Fox. Purposely omitted perhaps?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
You didn't list the Special Report with Brett Baier. You listed all OPINION SHOWS on Fox. Purposely omitted perhaps?

Probably about the same with Shepard Smith or even Cavuto. Some opinion in spots but not nearly as much as the other shows.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Not true at all. People are constantly talking about the liberal bias of the MSM media, CNN and MSNBC in particular.
What "people"? We occasionally see articles and hear commentary from conservative pundits like Bernard Goldberg, but if media people in general are "constantly" talking about liberal bias let's see some examples.
The difference is, all of those networks admit it, and none claim to be fair and balanced when they're clearly not.
You're saying that the MSM - ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC ALL admit to their liberal bias?? I must be missing that, but here again I'm sure you can provide examples.
As for Fox's "news" shows, they aren't fair and balanced, either, at least when it comes to any news story that is political. They pick and choose which stories to tell, and carefully craft them with a bias...
Really? Remember this paragraph from post #107 made back on 2-22-13 in a thread titled Left Censorship? (Bold emphasis mine)

"Still, to be fair if not balanced, all is not lost for Fox, as among all the major broadcast and cable news networks, they have the one, single, unique straightforward news show that is truly fair and balanced with a centrist, non-biased slant, that news show being Special Report with Brit Hume. It stands alone above the crap on all of the networks."

I still agree with that statement, and Special Report is really the only Fox News show I watch on a regular basis. However, I do catch a portion of The Five fairly often since it precedes S/R.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
What "people"?
You, for one. More than 2 million results on Google for another.

We occasionally see articles and hear commentary from conservative pundits like Bernard Goldberg, but if media people in general are "constantly" talking about liberal bias let's see some examples.
See the Google results above. Also, see EO Soapbox.

You're saying that the MSM - ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC ALL admit to their liberal bias?? I must be missing that, but here again I'm sure you can provide examples.
Journalist consensus: Media lean left
Top journalists from The New York Times, NBC News and CNN acknowledged Wednesday that, generally speaking, the national media have a liberal bias. On a Playbook Breakfast panel, the Times' Peter Baker and Mark Leibovich, NBC's Kelly O'Donnell and CNN's Jake Tapper all said "yes" when asked if the news media lean left — though all agreed it was a nuanced issue having more to do with journalists' life experiences than with any particular agenda.

It's not exactly a secret that most colleges and universities are liberal, and journalism schools even moreso, so it shouldn't be surprising that the journalists these institutions are cranking out have a liberal viewpoint on most issues.

"There is a liberal bias. It’s demonstrable. You look at some statistics. About 85 percent of the reporters who cover the White House vote Democratic, they have for a long time. There is a, particularly at the networks, at the lower levels, among the editors and the so-called infrastructure, there is a liberal bias. There is a liberal bias at Newsweek, the magazine I work for — most of the people who work at Newsweek live on the upper West Side in New York and they have a liberal bias....[ABC White House reporter] Brit Hume’s bosses are liberal and they’re always quietly denouncing him as being a right-wing nut.” - Newsweek Washington Bureau Chief Evan Thompson

"At ABC, people say 'conservative' the way people say 'child molester.'" - ABC News anchor John Stossel.

"There is just no question that I, among others, have a liberal bias. I mean, I'm consistently liberal in my opinions." - Andy Rooney

"Of course it is [The NY Times being a liberal newspaper]....These are the social issues: gay rights, gun control, abortion and environmental regulation, among others. And if you think the Times plays it down the middle on any of them, you've been reading the paper with your eyes closed." - New York Times Editor Daniel Okrent

"Like every other institution, the Washington and political press corps operate with a good number of biases and predilections. They include, but are not limited to, a near-universal shared sense that liberal political positions on social issues like gun control, homosexuality, abortion, and religion are the default, while more conservative positions are 'conservative positions.'... The press, by and large, does not accept President Bush's justifications for the Iraq war....It does not accept the proposition that the Bush tax cuts helped the economy....It remains fixated on the unemployment rate....The worldview of the dominant media can be seen in every frame of video and every print word choice that is currently being produced about the presidential race." - ABC News Political Director Mark Halperin

“Most of the time I really think responsible journalists, of which I hope I’m counted as one, leave our bias at the side of the table. Now it is true, historically in the media, it has been more of a liberal persuasion for many years. It has taken us a long time, too long in my view, to have vigorous conservative voices heard as widely in the media as they now are. And so I think yes, on occasion, there is a liberal instinct in the media which we need to keep our eye on, if you will.” - Peter Jennings

“I think liberalism lives — the notion that we don’t have to stay where we are as a society, we have promises to keep, and it is liberalism, whether people like it or not, which has animated all the years of my life. What on Earth did conservatism ever accomplish for our country? It was people who wanted to change things for the better.” - Charles Kuralt, CBS News

"I became a journalist in order to help change the world." - Carole Simpson, ABC News, first black female national news anchor, now a journalism professor at Emerson College in Boston

“I won’t make any pretense that the ‘American Agenda’ [segments on World News Tonight] is totally neutral. We do take a position. And I think the public wants us now to take a position. If you give both sides and ‘Well, on the one hand this and on the other that’ — I think people kind of really want you to help direct their thinking on some issues.
- t
he same Carole Simpson

I can give you lots more, if you really want them, but I think this should suffice.

Really? Remember this paragraph from post #107 made back on 2-22-13 in a thread titled Left Censorship? (Bold emphasis mine)

"Still, to be fair if not balanced, all is not lost for Fox, as among all the major broadcast and cable news networks, they have the one, single, unique straightforward news show that is truly fair and balanced with a centrist, non-biased slant, that news show being Special Report with Brit Hume. It stands alone above the crap on all of the networks."

I still agree with that statement, and Special Report is really the only Fox News show I watch on a regular basis. However, I do catch a portion of The Five fairly often since it precedes S/R.
Yes, I remember that paragraph, and I still stand by it. It doesn't conflict at all with my statement above. My statement above is in the context of political news stories. Special Report rarely deals with political opinion and instead sticks more to hard news and the Five Ws (at least from what I have observed). Still, someone chooses the stories to air and the pictires to show and the words to say. There is always bias in that.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Do I need to explain comedy?

No, you ASKED what he made up. It has been explained and then for some reason you claimed I never showed anything that he made up. So apparently you don't understand that his show is fake and he makes stuff up as I claimed or you are just looking to debate both sides. Your points so far have been his show is comedy not meant to be real then telling me I am wrong for saying his show is not real? :confused: Which is it? The show is made up or real, not both. Then to claim his show is somehow better at the truth than Fox is just shows how confused you are. Didn't someone just post a thread with a link to Fox's website with an article that would be far from right propaganda?

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
No, you ASKED what he made up. It has been explained and then for some reason you claimed I never showed anything that he made up. So apparently you don't understand that his show is fake and he makes stuff up as I claimed or you are just looking to debate both sides. Your points so far have been his show is comedy not meant to be real then telling me I am wrong for saying his show is not real? :confused: Which is it? The show is made up or real, not both. Then to claim his show is somehow better at the truth than Fox is just shows how confused you are. Didn't someone just post a thread with a link to Fox's website with an article that would be far from right propaganda?

Can you be specific? "It has been explained" isn't at all specific. I don't know what you're referring to. When you said "make up crap" I assumed you were saying that he invented his own facts, much like Fox "News" does.

Take the video I posted, the "Simple Math" bit, are you saying that Stewart made that up? Are you saying that it's untrue that Fox contributed money to Republicans? If that's what you're saying (or anything like that) and if what you're saying is true, I would agree with you. If you're saying that Stewart's show is only pretending to be a news show then you're starting to get the joke. I'm calling that progress.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Can you be specific? "It has been explained" isn't at all specific. I don't know what you're referring to. When you said "make up crap" I assumed you were saying that he invented his own facts, much like Fox "News" does.

It has been explained, as in it seemed there was agreement that his show was not real, fake, made up, not news, completely biased, and his version of the "truth". You appeared to agree with that his show was a fake news show but when I said his show was made up and not really news you wanted proof from me.

Take the video I posted, the "Simple Math" bit, are you saying that Stewart made that up? Are you saying that it's untrue that Fox contributed money to Republicans? If that's what you're saying (or anything like that) and if what you're saying is true, I would agree with you. If you're saying that Stewart's show is only pretending to be a news show then you're starting to get the joke. I'm calling that progress.

My initial statement right from the beginning was that Stewart's show was a fake news show. After I stated that you wanted me to prove that he was not telling the truth so you seem awfully confused.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Why should Fox news be any different than any other of the so called "news outlets"? They just make up crap all the time. They are all the same. Can't trust them anymore than you could trust a politician.

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
It has been explained, as in it seemed there was agreement that his show was not real, fake, made up, not news, completely biased, and his version of the "truth". You appeared to agree with that his show was a fake news show but when I said his show was made up and not really news you wanted proof from me.

My initial statement right from the beginning was that Stewart's show was a fake news show. After I stated that you wanted me to prove that he was not telling the truth so you seem awfully confused.

When someone says something like "making up crap" I assume they mean inventing facts. Apparently that's not what you mean at all.

So maybe we agree after all.

Fox "News" doesn't have the integrity that people normally ascribe to a News channel.

The Daily Show does have the integrity that people normally ascribe to a News channel, even though what they do is comedy.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
So maybe we agree after all.

Fox "News" doesn't have the integrity that people normally ascribe to a News channel.

The Daily Show does have the integrity that people normally ascribe to a News channel, even though what they do is comedy.

Ok...really? "The Daily Show does have the integrity that people normally ascribe to a News channel".
Ummm.......no.

witness23

Veteran Expediter

Dude, you really don't get it do you? You don't even know it, but you proved my point by only pointing to one, just one personality on FoxNews. A 24 hour channel that say's it's commited to "Fair and Balanced" news, a channel with the word "news" in it, a channel that is described as cable "news", etc, etc,. You point out I only listed "opinion" shows in my post and accuse me of purposely omitting ONE show on a supposed "news" channel that actually brings you news. Do you get it now?

Here, let me help you out. Here is FoxNews' lineup; not a whole lot of room for any real news with all the opinion shows, huh?

12AM The Kelly File
Hosted by Megyn Kelly
Megyn Kelly gets the news of the day - with a little heat!

1AM Hannity
Hosted by Sean Hannity
Candid, controversial, and completely unleashed, Sean brings you political news of the day!

2AM On the Record w/ Greta Van Susteren
Hosted by Greta Van Susteren
Greta and her expert team take you inside Washington and the stories making headlines!

3AM Red Eye w/ Greg Gutfeld
Hosted by Andy Levy, Bill Schulz, Greg Gutfeld
Outrageous and Outspoken; You won't believe what Greg Gutfeld and his friends have to say about today's hottest topics!

4AM The Five
Hosted by Andrea Tantaros, Bob Beckel, Dana Perino, Eric Bolling, Greg Gutfeld, Juan Williams, Kimberly Guilfoyle

The hot topics that have everyone talking from the five voices that will have everyone listening!

5AM Fox & Friends First
Hosted by Ainsley Earhardt, Heather Childers
The #1 Name in News Now Starts Earlier!

6AM Fox & Friends
Hosted by Brian Kilmeade, Gretchen Carlson, Steve Doocy
Mornings are always a good time with friends! Join hosts Elisabeth Hasselbeck, Brian Kilmeade and Steve Doocy.

9AM America's Newsroom
Hosted by Bill Hemmer, Martha MacCallum
Bill Hemmer and Martha MacCallum bring you the news that matters to you!

11AM Happening Now
Hosted by Jenna Lee, Jon Scott
Jon Scott and Jenna Lee will take YOU to news when and where it happens.

1PM America's News HQ
Hosted by Alisyn Camerota, Bill Hemmer
'America's News HQ' brings you the latest headlines and interviews with politicians and other national newsmakers.

2PM The Real Story with Gretchen Carlson
Hosted by Gretchen Carlson
Politics, money, hot-topics ... no issues off the table!

3PM Shepard Smith Reporting
Hosted by Shepard Smith
The way we gather it, break it and deliver it. It's all about to change! Don't miss Shepard Smith Reporting.

4PM Your World With Neil Cavuto
Hosted by Neil Cavuto
From Main Street to Wall Street - All the day's headlines and all the market's moves!

5PM The Five
Hosted by Andrea Tantaros, Bob Beckel, Dana Perino, Eric Bolling, Greg Gutfeld, Juan Williams, Kimberly Guilfoyle
The hot topics that have everyone talking from the five voices that will have everyone listening!

6PM Special Report w/ Bret Baier
Hosted by Bret Baier
Join host Bret Baier and Fox's Team Washington to find out what's happening inside the Beltway and on the world stage.

7PM On the Record w/ Greta Van Susteren
Hosted by Greta Van Susteren
Greta and her expert team take you inside Washington and the stories making headlines!

8PM The O'Reilly Factor
Hosted by Bill O'Reilly
Hard-hitting and in your face! Bill breaks down the day's big stories in the "No Spin Zone!"

9PM The Kelly File
Hosted by Megyn Kelly
Megyn Kelly gets the news of the day - with a little heat!

10PM Hannity
Hosted by Sean Hannity
Candid, controversial, and completely unleashed, Sean brings you political news of the day!

11PM The O'Reilly Factor
Hosted by Bill O'Reilly
Hard-hitting and in your face! Bill breaks down the day's big stories in the "No Spin Zone!"