Santa and Jesus are white!

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Dude, you really don't get it do you? You don't even know it, but you proved my point by only pointing to one, just one personality on FoxNews. A 24 hour channel that say's it's commited to "Fair and Balanced" news, a channel with the word "news" in it, a channel that is described as cable "news", etc, etc,. You point out I only listed "opinion" shows in my post and accuse me of purposely omitting ONE show on a supposed "news" channel that actually brings you news. Do you get it now?

Here, let me help you out. Here is FoxNews' lineup; not a whole lot of room for any real news with all the opinion shows, huh?

You listed all opinion shows previously to make a point that Fox News is fake news without listing the Special Report. Inaccurate picture to what you were trying to convey is all. It must be a pain to know that there is a news organization that provides a conservative viewpoint as well as the liberal point of view. I mean, you can"t have all the networks be liberal<as much as you would like. Can you name just ONE news network,other than Fox News, that doesnt have a liberal bias? In all the shows listed above, can you name ONE show that doesnt give the liberal point of view? ONE?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
obama2.jpg

The Liberal Media

628x471.jpg

See? We DO give the Liberal viewpoint, so there!

paullud

Veteran Expediter
When someone says something like "making up crap" I assume they mean inventing facts. Apparently that's not what you mean at all.

So maybe we agree after all.

Fox "News" doesn't have the integrity that people normally ascribe to a News channel.

The Daily Show does have the integrity that people normally ascribe to a News channel, even though what they do is comedy.

He is making it up as in he uses a video or quote out of context to portray people negatively and only show part of the story. Then he uses his opinion to form the story the way he wants to show it, no integrity at all. It is no different than using Glenn Beck or Sean Hannity for news.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

witness23

Veteran Expediter
You listed all opinion shows previously to make a point that Fox News is fake news without listing the Special Report. Inaccurate picture to what you were trying to convey is all. It must be a pain to know that there is a news organization that provides a conservative viewpoint as well as the liberal point of view. I mean, you can"t have all the networks be liberal<as much as you would like. Can you name just ONE news network,other than Fox News, that doesnt have a liberal bias? In all the shows listed above, can you name ONE show that doesnt give the liberal point of view? ONE?

Wow.....the force is strong with this one. You are a sight to behold.

witness23

Veteran Expediter
He is making it up as in he uses a video or quote out of context to portray people negatively and only show part of the story. Then he uses his opinion to form the story the way he wants to show it, no integrity at all. It is no different than using Glenn Beck or Sean Hannity for news.

lol......holy crap.

WanderngFool

Active Expediter

We can use a different example if you like...

In the example that I chose "#2 Simple Math: Is that in some way out of context? Did Stewart twist the information somehow? Is there a lie involved?

In other words, did Fox give money to Republicans or was Stewart lying?
Did Fox also give money to Democrats and Stewart chose to not report that in order to unfairly condemn this "fair and balanced" "News" network?

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
Paullud - since you don't seem to be interested in giving examples of Jon Stewart "making up crap" I decided to google his integrity. "Jon Stewart integrity" only turned up complaints from liberals that he's too nice when he has conservatives on. Pretty solid integrity imho!

Then I googled "Fox News integrity" and my computer exploded. Yup, blew up like a mushroom cloud. :)

paullud - I'm still trying to find out where your misunderstanding is and I think it has to do with the nature of comedy and the definition of integrity.

In the quote above I made what was probably a dumb joke when I said my computer exploded. Did you think I was saying that my computer actually exploded? Or was I saying something else?

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Is it the concept of satire which you don't understand (the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc), or is it that you think satire, comedy and humor, all creative processes that must necessarily be made up, shouldn't be made up? That's like saying someone who write fiction novels, or music, has no integrity, because they made it all up.

And actually, when he's using his opinion to form the story they way he wants to show it, instead of stealing someone else's opinion to show the story, is the very definition of integrity.

Also, you use the word "story" instead of the phrase "comedy bit." So, you're confusing that, as well.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
We can use a different example if you like...

In the example that I chose "#2 Simple Math: Is that in some way out of context? Did Stewart twist the information somehow? Is there a lie involved?

In other words, did Fox give money to Republicans or was Stewart lying?
Did Fox also give money to Democrats and Stewart chose to not report that in order to unfairly condemn this "fair and balanced" "News" network?

Yes Fox gave money to Republicans but they gave more to Democrats.

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/...e-more-to-democrats-than-republicans-in-2012/

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
In the quote above I made what was probably a dumb joke when I said my computer exploded. Did you think I was saying that my computer actually exploded? Do you think I was lying and if so did that nick my integrity?
Wait. You mean your computer didn't blow up? No mushroom cloud?? You mean you <gasp> made_that_up?!?!

Oh, maaaaaan.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Is it the concept of satire which you don't understand (the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc), or is it that you think satire, comedy and humor, all creative processes that must necessarily be made up, shouldn't be made up? That's like saying someone who write fiction novels, or music, has no integrity, because they made it all up.

And actually, when he's using his opinion to form the story they way he wants to show it, instead of stealing someone else's opinion to show the story, is the very definition of integrity.

Also, you use the word "story" instead of the phrase "comedy bit." So, you're confusing that, as well.

Is it the concept of this conversation that you don't understand?

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Last edited: