Santa and Jesus are white!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
But nary a word is said about the liberal bias of so many of the MSM shows, to say nothing of CNN or MSNBC. Once again, the bottom line is ratings and Fox is by far the leader of the cable networks.
Not true at all. People are constantly talking about the liberal bias of the MSM media, CNN and MSNBC in particular. The difference is, all of those networks admit it, and none claim to be fair and balanced when they're clearly not.

As for Fox's "news" shows, they aren't fair and balanced, either, at least when it comes to any news story that is political. They pick and choose which stories to tell, and carefully craft them with a bias. Yes, all the other networks do the same thing, I know that, but they aren't doing it hypocritically.

If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it. Fox News knows that, which is why they keep telling people over and over and over again that they're fair and balanced.

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
Paullud - since you don't seem to be interested in giving examples of Jon Stewart "making up crap" I decided to google his integrity. "Jon Stewart integrity" only turned up complaints from liberals that he's too nice when he has conservatives on. Pretty solid integrity imho!

Then I googled "Fox News integrity" and my computer exploded. Yup, blew up like a mushroom cloud. :)

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
Not true at all. People are constantly talking about the liberal bias of the MSM media, CNN and MSNBC in particular. The difference is, all of those networks admit it, and none claim to be fair and balanced when they're clearly not.

As for Fox's "news" shows, they aren't fair and balanced, either, at least when it comes to any news story that is political. They pick and choose which stories to tell, and carefully craft them with a bias. Yes, all the other networks do the same thing, I know that, but they aren't doing it hypocritically.

If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it. Fox News knows that, which is why they keep telling people over and over and over again that they're fair and balanced.

All true. And not only that, their supposedly separate news and opinion depts work in concert. The opinion folks stoke the public into outrage on certain issues and then their "journalists" report the public's outrage as if it's news.

I don't watch Fox so someone will have to say if my guess is right or not. The white Santa and Jesus remarks came from the opinion side? Has the news side reported people's reaction to what Kelly said? If so, we have a snapshot of the shady way that Fox operates.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Paullud - since you don't seem to be interested in giving examples of Jon Stewart "making up crap" I decided to google his integrity. "Jon Stewart integrity" only turned up complaints from liberals that he's too nice when he has conservatives on. Pretty solid integrity imho!

Then I googled "Fox News integrity" and my computer exploded. Yup, blew up like a mushroom cloud. :)
You seem enamored with google news as the final distillation of truth. Would suggest other news sources to broaden your horizen. John Stewart does make crap up. He doesn't even use his real name on tv.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
tumblr_mfl2tzQRK61r7fg2wo1_250.gif

Snape-Applause.gif

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And here I thought "the spin" always stopped at Fox. :cool:
That's the O'Reilly Factor mantra. Would it be fair to say he's the polar opposite of Stewart? I'll say again, look at the ratings: Fox across the board "owns" the rest of the cable news networks.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
What does that mean?
Well, in terms of actual significance, it means that someone has probably confused popularity with a significant portion of the public (many of whom are often ignorant and/or stupid almost beyond belief) with true legitimacy and regard earned by reason of exercising high standards of conduct and integrity which are the ideals of their chosen profession ...

It's a fairly shallow and superficial reason for celebration ...

But hey ... if that's all ya got ... ;)

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
All true. And not only that, their supposedly separate news and opinion depts work in concert. The opinion folks stoke the public into outrage on certain issues and then their "journalists" report the public's outrage as if it's news.

I don't watch Fox so someone will have to say if my guess is right or not. The white Santa and Jesus remarks came from the opinion side? Has the news side reported people's reaction to what Kelly said? If so, we have a snapshot of the shady way that Fox operates.

If you don't watch them how can you have such a strong opinion, just going on second hand info I guess.

Don't watch anymore either but its pretty easy to know like any other TV news its a revenue stream and not much more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

paullud

Veteran Expediter
One channel calls itself a news channel. The other calls itself a comedy channel. The significance of that doesn't mean anything to you?

One is a news channel that puts a slant on the story, kind of like the other news outlets. The other is a show pretending to be informative and portraying the truth when the stories aren't based on reality at all. The significance of what channel the show is on means little to those that watch or believe it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

paullud

Veteran Expediter
The purpose of the show is humor via political satire and commentary. Stewart himself has said the show is NOT journalism.

I'm aware of that but other people are using the show as a source of information. Couple that with the fact that it spreads hatred and misinformation and it is a problem.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app