Which EO Members...

moose

Veteran Expediter
. Is a gift tax involved when money transfer from one universe to another?.

Yes it is.
when you buy a GPS at the Tennessee Pilot, and try to replace it @ the Minnesota Pilot because the dern thing won't work, you get credited for the sells tax delta.
if you do this often enough, you might even make some money.
same goe's with investments in 2 country's. (like the Good O'l USA & Israel) some universes will allow a great deal of foreign investment credits, but others will tax you on money made elsewhere . there's a spacial line for it on your tax papers.
however since it is a gift, then you will have to be able to show it is a personal gift, and not one that are business related.
like if you have lunch with a fellow EO member, then if it is a social event, then you cannot claim it on your taxes,
but IF you learned some vital business skills doing that meal, then by all mean pay for it.
that's why EO members keep buying me lunches.
you all should continue doing so.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
Jenny and her husband Nick, at Load 1 terminal. Lots of info and turns out, she's a Sparty too!

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

PreacherRich

Seasoned Expediter
I have met a few EO members on the road, Gotta go, Little Joe, a real cool guy who says he doesn't post here much anymore and drives his sprinter/office teachin folks to be safe, even had a couple people ask me if I was PreacherRich because of my Rockin Red Van, being a newbie it's cool meeting other EO members out here. Met quite a few lurkers too.

Was talking a senior member on the phone the other day and we think we need to start a CV Club with leather jackets, clubhouse and strict membership guidelines. Mess with one of us and you'll have 30 or 40 cargo vans rollin up on ya! I can't say anymore or I could be banned and beaten!

Have a Great One!

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
Anyhow, SOOO, who have you et recently???

Nobody. I'm not a cannibal.

Let's see. I've met Jefferson, blizzard, 60MPH(R.I.P.), another member who drives for us and will remain anonymous, RLENT stuck a note on my van once when I was sleeping (does that count?), Turtle, Dave Hall, and quite a few others at the expo who's names I don't have off the top of my head.

wndjmr1

Seasoned Expediter
Hi Dennis,met and checked out your nice truck in Dallas couple weeks ago.Also met and had a good time visting Turtle in Effingham last weekend,but I woke him up,so the pleasure was probably all mine:)

DannyD

Veteran Expediter
I went there- to the Flint campus, but did not graduate. Major was accounting. I'm 18 credits short of graduating, but because of the pre-requisite system I'm 3 or 4 semesters short. Basically I failed math like 5 times. That's not a joke. It wasn't the math that I had such a tough time with. It was the calculus, trig, or ?? (I forget which specific class).

Numbers I'm pretty good with. That advanced math stuff I'm terrible. It was a long struggle with a lot of frustrations & $$$ spent trying to get through that.

So essentially what happened is I'm a senior who's finished with my requirements in a lot of areas, but a sophomore in math & classes that needed math as a prerequisite.

Back on topic- I've met your Jeff a few times. Maybe one of these days you & I will meet. I met Highway Star years ago.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Terry O. from FedEx?

Would have to be - no one else does what Terry O does, far as I know.
And his 'not posting much anymore' is a huge loss to EO - his job requires being well informed, and he does it flawlessly. While wearing a Grateful Dead tie, lol.
;)