Which EO Members...

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Have you met recently while out here? Alot of know a few other EO Members because of the EXPO. We also know a few others from meeting on the road. Its funny how we all form opinions of people that we banter and chat with here, but when meeting in person, they are not the way we see them, in neither what we thought they may look like or how we precieve them from their writings.

have 2 EO stickers on my van, 1 in ft and 1 in back. I I have been down here in Lardeo for the last 4 days and in that time, I have met 5 people that either are "lurkers" or particapator here.

So, I'll do Lawrence a favor, and ill even bet he will let me give some of his money away....If you don't already have a EO sticker on your van, get in touch with the EO offices and i am pretty sure they will send you 1 or 2. Get them on your trucks, and while i have heard FED EX doesn't allow that kind of thing, i am looking at 2 Fed Ex CV's that stickers all over the back doors...so don't use that as an excuse, get a few you Fed Ex people. As for the rest of you, get a few, let us know you frequent EO, chances are you will enjoy some good conversation.

It was a pleasure to meet Jeffman and LisaLouHoo, bumblebee, John The Author (lurker :D) and then there was OVM, who we all know....:D

Anyhow, SOOO, who have you et recently???

denny2010

Expert Expediter
Would be great to meet other drivers. I met some fedex cc teams. Some other company drivers just aren't friendly ..lol. met 3 different tri drivers in Moline, Ill last fall..I ll stick them EO stickers on my truck!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using EO Forums

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I wonder if they'll let me put the sticker on my van? It's kind of old, and somebody might get the idea that the sticker is the only thing holding it together.

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
I confess. Met up with ChefDennis earlier today at the "J" in Laredo. We have gone to our secret location to wait for a load so we probably won't see anyone else for a while.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
and while i have heard FED EX doesn't allow that kind of thing, i am looking at 2 Fed Ex CV's that stickers all over the back doors...so don't use that as an excuse, get a few you Fed Ex people.

It's not that, it's just that the green on the EO stickers clashes with the purple and teal.:D

briggie1

Seasoned Expediter
i admit i am a lurker, i been a member for years but i hardly ever sign into eo but read the post a couple times a day,, as for laredo it is one great place to meet alot of good people, my wife and i like to get out of the van and socialize and we meet alot of people there everytime, but most everywhere else it is hard to get any one to talk, they hang out in the back of there vans elsewhere

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
It was a pleasure to meet Jeffman and LisaLouHoo, bumblebee, John The Author (lurker :D)

It was great to meet you also and thank you for ALL the information you gave us.

It should be noted that no one got hurt, arrested, murdered, or spontaneously combusted.

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I met Mr and Mrs Dynamite1 and several other members the night I camped out in the Load 1 Yard.
I also ran into TJ, (imagine this), in Laredo.
I met Special K in New Hampshire.
Several members in Ontario, CA.
I have probably met more but didn't know it.
Maybe we should develop a secret handshake.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

secret+handshake.jpg

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
jjoerger wrote:

Maybe but...I bet a "FREE EO Sticker would work...:)

Personally that sticker on my Van is an open invite for any EO member to stop by and say hi....

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
As far as stickers go, I think it may help ID a member but I find folks dont allways give up their screen names when sitting around untill ya get to know em better.

Met to many to list but not that many that say they check in here alot or admit it.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I might have met somebody and not know it. I don't hang around truck stops as a rule, I get gas, maybe use the rest room, get a cup of coffee and then get back on the road. I prefer rest stops for napping. However, I have seen a couple of marked expediter vehicles at the rest stops and never tried to introduce myself, so-- it's possible I saw someone and didn't know it.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I've had an EO sticker on the truck for years, starting with the one that had a very funny slogan ['We go, so you don't have to' I think] and it has never caused anyone to approach me. Not even once.
Maybe because my name is on the truck door, and they don't wanna talk to me, lol. ;) Or maybe it's because when I'm parked, no one can see the back door. Or they could, if they were at Meijer's, but they're not. WhatEVER.
The best way I've found to meet other members is to attend the events: MATS [MidAmerica Truck Show] in Louisville in March, the Expedite Expo in Wilmington, Oh, in July, and any of the seminars you can make.
That's where the EO peoples go, guaranteed. Lots and lots of them.
:D

tumbleweeds

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
We have met several vanners, but we never ask if they are on EO or not. We have had dinner with several drivers. We will get out of the van and make the first contact, if we see someone in the van but most of the time the curtains are pulled and we assume that everyone is sleeping. We met one driver and a week later we met a different one. He said "Oh, you are the team that Jeff met! He called me and said "you won't believe it but a FedEx team came over and talked to me". I guess I didn't realize that FedEx drivers were anti social. All though a couple of the vanners we have talked to acted like we have the plague or something. I do think that EO does a good job bringing drivers together. It is one of the main reasons that I post on here. We look forward to meeting everyone else in 2012. (just remember, if it's a rocking, go ahead and knock, cuz it's just the wind blown)