Jack Kevorkian dies

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm glad everybody is so perfect...YOU never make mistakes....he was trying to help people....

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

This is not about making mistakes.
Kevorkian did not make a mistake. He was fully aware of what he was doing.

He did not invent the suicide machine by mistake.

He did not asphyxiate someone in the back of his VW van by mistake.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
p

Im out of line....he wished a man to hell..
Correct on both counts. He wished a dead man to go to a place constructed out of religion, a place that may or may not even exist, while you wished for a long life of suffering to a live EO member. You can disagree with someone's comments all day long, provided you constrain your comments to the opinion. You can't attack the member simply because you don't like their opinion. Wishing for someone to go to Hell is rhetorical at best, because no one can prove or disprove Hell even exists. Your comment to Greg, on the other hand, well that was just mean.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
This is not about making mistakes.
Kevorkian did not make a mistake. He was fully aware of what he was doing.

He did not invent the suicide machine by mistake.

He did not asphyxiate someone in the back of his VW van by mistake.

My point is he seen people suffering as I watched my grandparents suffer a.long agonizing death....is intentions were to stop and help the suffering..now because of what he did it might.of messed.up things for the cause...I'm aware of that...what gets me is he tried to help people....stop there suffering..now because Greg don't agree with tactics he wishes bad things on the man....what the hell has Greg done.to.help out mankind...society...besides sitting here spewing his opinions...
All I said his.I hope that when he gets old and is suffering and is drooling on himself...can't even wipe his own a@# and is terminally ill ...well to bad so.sad....deal.with it ...suffer....
Jack helped a lot of people!!!

Ok what should have jack done then ?? How should he have went about this???

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Wishing for someone to go to Hell is rhetorical at best, because no one can prove or disprove Hell even exists..

Found it! It does exist.

hell_froze_sign.jpg

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

It would have been beter if he had become part of the legislative process as the hemlock society has done in oregon.

Because they used the system to their advantage, oregon has right to die laws.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Correct on both counts. He wished a dead man to go to a place constructed out of religion, a place that may or may not even exist, while you wished for a long life of suffering to a live EO member. You can disagree with someone's comments all day long, provided you constrain your comments to the opinion. You can't attack the member simply because you don't like their opinion. Wishing for someone to go to Hell is rhetorical at best, because no one can prove or disprove Hell even exists. Your comment to Greg, on the other hand, well that was just mean.

I agree with you 100% I don't believe there is a hell...even if it exists or not....his was wishing harm on an individual who was alive until 18 hours ago...eo member or not...person is a person ...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Found it! It does exist.

hell_froze_sign.jpg

Hey, I have iced fished in Hell!!!

What Dr. Death SHOULD have done was petitioned government to change the laws, to get them out of the loop so to speak, to allow those involved to make what ever choices that they wanted too.

Government has no place in health care. They have no place in end of life decisions. There may come a time when this government uses "mercy killing" to control health care costs, or to insure their rule. I put nothing past this bunch.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It would have been beter if he had become part of the legislative process as the hemlock society has done in oregon.

Because they used the system to their advantage, oregon has right to die laws.

But would Oregon group been as successful? If Jack hadn't brought all the attention to the issue?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey, I have iced fished in Hell!!!

What Dr. Death SHOULD have done was petitioned government to change the laws, to get them out of the loop so to speak, to allow those involved to make what ever choices that they wanted too.

Government has no place in health care. They have no place in end of life decisions. There may come a time when this government uses "mercy killing" to control health care costs, or to insure their rule. I put nothing past this bunch.

With that said..government should get out of abortion laws as well...let the people set the standard...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
With that said..government should get out of abortion laws as well...let the people set the standard...

Abortion is a State matter, not federal.

The problem I have with abortion is that it is killing, for the most part, healthy humans for no reason other than they feel like it. We do have a RIGHT to LIFE, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. When you take a life you remove ALL rights from that person.

I also believe that any doctor who would perform an abortion, for other than true health reasons, is not a person that can be trusted in any way, shape or form. Doctors take an oath to "do no harm". Killing a person is about as harmful as you can get.

It is NOT, however, a subject that the Federal government has ANY business in. Most everything is a State or individual issue. Government is far too much in "every bodies" face.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner

The problem I have with abortion is that it is killing, for the most part, healthy humans for no reason other than they feel like it. We do have a RIGHT to LIFE, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. When you take a life you remove ALL rights from that person.

I also believe that any doctor who would perform an abortion, for other than true health reasons, is not a person that can be trusted in any way, shape or form. Doctors take an oath to "do no harm". Killing a person is about as harmful as you can get.

It is NOT, however, a subject that the Federal government has ANY business in. Most everything is a State or individual issue. Government is far too much in "every bodies" face.

Ok ...then if you are against abortion start adopting all these unwanted children!!!
I don't remember being a fetus...do you?? .but I would remember being 5 an being unwanted and getting beat....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Now we've come to that line in the sand... The fetus is can not go on without life support of the mother....when one imposes their religious or whatever beliefs on that mother....her right to chose are infringed upon....where does it say she has her rights of choice how to live forfeited?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Well, gee, what the hell has asjssl done.to.help out mankind...society...besides sitting here spewing his opinions...

See how that works? It's a ridiculous question, because it has nothing whatsoever to do with the topic.

All I said his.I hope that when he gets old and is suffering and is drooling on himself...can't even wipe his own a@# and is terminally ill ...well to bad so.sad....deal.with it ...suffer....
Yes, that is all you said, and no matter how many times or ways you try to recap it, it's still out of line and uncalled for. You want to besmirch Greg's (or anyone's) opinions, fine, knock yourself out. You want to besmirch Greg (or any EO member) here in public on EO, you're gonna have a problem.

Jack helped a lot of people!!!
That's your opinion. If I disagree with it, then it's OK for me to wish you great pain and suffering. Is that how it works?

See? That wasn't so hard, now was it?

Ragman nailed it. Jack should have worked within the system to affect change, rather than take it upon himself. Jack's methods backfired and as a result terminal ill patients have fewer options than they did before in many cases. He may have done some good in the short term, but in the long term he did far more damage.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ok ...then if you are against abortion start adopting all these unwanted children!!!
I don't remember being a fetus...do you?? .but I would remember being 5 an being unwanted and getting beat....

I raised my children. I am well past the age of raising children. I now have a grand child to spoil.

I fulfilled the responsibility that I took on. So should everyone else. Killing a baby is not a reasonable response to irresponsible actions.

There is NO shortage of good people looking to adopt. Our laws in this country discourage it. Many go outside the country to get around those laws.

60 MILLION abortions have NOT stopped beatings or unwanted children from being born. There is only one sure way to stop these things and that is for people to start acting in a responsible manner.

As I said, it is a STATE and personal matter.

No one is a "bovine fetus" until viable. All human beings start as human beings from the start. They all have 100% of their DNA.

Fetus, translated from the Latin, means "young one" or "young child". It does not translate to a "lump of tissue"

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Abortion is a private, personal matter, and not a matter for government at any level.

Yes. I was speaking in the context of government only. States have more standing that the Federal government which has none. I meant nothing beyond that.