What products have you found to make life out here more enjoyable?

guido4475

Not a Member
After finding out about the Aero space seat cushion, the thought occured to me, what has everyone else found out here to make it easier out here?I often enjoy meeting and talking with other van/truck drivers to see and hear what they have found .

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Sirius XM radio i by far the best deal for keeping your mind active while driving...i listen to talk radio all week and then jam with Cousin Brucie on the weekends...lol yea i no all the words, but you really don't want to be in the van when i am singing!!

As far a convenience, the fact that i have the micro wave and frig so i can keep home cooked food in the van and eat it as i want. Then there is the portable room AC unit to keep the van cool.

As for the issue of saving money, the Neat Works Scanner has paid for itself already, No more paying for faxes, trip paks , or copys.

moose

Veteran Expediter
All you can eat AntiVirus software's, and that cable connecting the LapTop to the big flat screen TV ,
so i can watch & download all the movies/music/books/newspapers/weather - online...
also the larges portApotti/shower room that can fit into the truck.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
iPod and the wide variety of music, entertainment and education downloads available (many free) at the iTunes store and other places.

DannyD

Veteran Expediter
At the moment a laptop even though it's a P2 that's about 15 years old. I've got a portable battery & fan. Also I have a rocking chair in there. The chair is small enough that I can put it upside down in the passenger seat if I'm fully loaded.

I have a 12 volt cooler also. I've had that for awhile. It's not something I can run constantly like a fridge, but it helps to cool down sodas & such.

Even with all this, I don't feel my van is anything close to being something I want to live in. A bigger vehicle is in order. The stuff I have sure does help for those 24-48 hour waits though.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
After finding out about the Aero space seat cushion, the thought occured to me, what has everyone else found out here to make it easier out here?I often enjoy meeting and talking with other van/truck drivers to see and hear what they have found .

Would an inflatable doll count? :eek:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I would say my new iPad but the one I got for review (and get to keep) has been frozen for the last four days and going back to apple.

XM radio

My new fridge with engel inners

Wavebox microwave, why do I need anything bigger?

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
My rigmaster vqube my 27 inch flat screen hhd tv my lao tops with air card and my ham radio

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
I just ordered today a new Memory Foam 8" mattress. I hope that makes life easier for us especially when we are on bumpy roads. :).

gsmacker

Seasoned Expediter
When I started expediting I had a nextel 730 with tetris and pacman, books, and a road atlas. Now I have a blackberry, books, laptop,dvd's, gps, road atlas and sirius sat radio. There was a tv in this van but I threw it out cause I didn't use it. I plan on putting a fridge and a crock pot in here. The only thing I've noticed from other various vanners is I have a curtain that snaps behind the side windows and has suction cups for the windshield. And OVM, using a generator is cheating!! All that huffin and puffin is foreplay......lol

guido4475

Not a Member
Headlights- I have replaced my sealed beam with new clear headlights, with brighter bulbs to see better at night, less eye strain

I-pass, saves time and money.

My cigarette lighter plug in battery monitor, digital.Helps monitor the battery level while not idling.

The electronics,Inside,flat screen tv, dvd player, cb, cd changer, dvd rewinder,gps,cellphone, xm radio.radar detector,laptop, with aircard.Blue parrot headset.

My memory foam mattress,I sleep better in this van than at home !!!

Rain-x on the windows, I love that stuff, along with dawn dishwashing soap (4 squirts) in the windshield washer resevoir, takes the bugs and road grime right off, especially in the winter.

rv flouescent lights in the cab and sleeper, they really light up the inside at night!

flattop40

Expert Expediter
When I started expediting I had a nextel 730 with tetris and pacman, books, and a road atlas. Now I have a blackberry, books, laptop,dvd's, gps, road atlas and sirius sat radio. There was a tv in this van but I threw it out cause I didn't use it. I plan on putting a fridge and a crock pot in here. The only thing I've noticed from other various vanners is I have a curtain that snaps behind the side windows and has suction cups for the windshield. And OVM, using a generator is cheating!! All that huffin and puffin is foreplay......lol

Be careful of the crock pot. Unless you have an inverter conected direct to its own battery it will blow your fuse everytime. I have tried it 2 times to and it blows my fuse instantly.

xm radio, aircard, computer, gps, mini fridge, 4" bed roll is plenty.

List of things to get is generator, ac unit, and tv. If I get those I may never go home.

dieselwrench

Seasoned Expediter
I have a 1 burner butane stove from T A that is faster than my Micro. That and a cast iron fry pan, fried taters yummm.

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
Oh, boy, shopping, my favorite subject. In the order I got them 'cause they're too cool to rank.
XM radio
Back steps for easy access
Telesteps ladder
Rice cooker
Save-a-load load locks
Electronic brake inspector.