Zimmerman makes another bad decision!

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That is funny. Of course they had fear. They were imprisoned, beaten and enslaved and in many cases raped. I think they had a perfectly reasonable fear.[/QUOTE

At least Hogiemeister, you aren't totally delusional about your utopian view of government, Just about 95 percent or so.

vanman10x2

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
These conversations are why I don't frequent truck stops.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using EO Forums mobile app

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Which side fears government seems to depend on which party holds the White House. I've seen more than one post from a Liberal fearing that he/she would be imprisoned when Republicans had the White House, now it's the Democrats in power and we have Conservatives wondering when we'll all be put in concentration camps.

I used to be a regular poster on the old Golem boards (now defunct because the owner has become unable due to age -related illnesses to maintain it) and you should have seen some of the panicked posts shortly after GWB got elected. You'd think the Brown Shirts were going to round up everybody and imprison anybody with the slightest Leftist leaning before nightfall. I didn't worry too much because I was a good Du Page County Republican, but still I thought then and think now that some of the posters that think that way are way over the top.

There's an election coming up next year. One third of the Senate and the entire House are up for election. Then, in 2016, same thing with a different third of the Senate, the entire House and the White House. They keep having these elections, maybe, just maybe.....

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Which side fears government seems to depend on which party holds the White House. I've seen more than one post from a Liberal fearing that he/she would be imprisoned when Republicans had the White House, now it's the Democrats in power and we have Conservatives wondering when we'll all be put in concentration camps.

I used to be a regular poster on the old Golem boards (now defunct because the owner has become unable due to age -related illnesses to maintain it) and you should have seen some of the panicked posts shortly after GWB got elected. You'd think the Brown Shirts were going to round up everybody and imprison anybody with the slightest Leftist leaning before nightfall. I didn't worry too much because I was a good Du Page County Republican, but still I thought then and think now that some of the posters that think that way are way over the top.

There's an election coming up next year. One third of the Senate and the entire House are up for election. Then, in 2016, same thing with a different third of the Senate, the entire House and the White House. They keep having these elections, maybe, just maybe.....

The parties make no difference. Our two parties are totally corrupt. BOTH of them.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
you should have seen some of the panicked posts shortly after GWB got elected. You'd think the Brown Shirts were going to round up everybody and imprison anybody with the slightest Leftist leaning before nightfall. I didn't worry too much because I was a good Du Page County Republican,
Odd, seeing as W wasn't even a conservative or "on the right." But even had he been, he showed no inclination to do so. The Obammunist, however...
DuPage county Republicans, along with other north of I-80 and east of highway 47 are an unusual breed. The average Iowa Democrat is far more conservative than the average Illinois Republican, especially northeast Illinois Republicans.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
As long as one party doesn't completely dominate, do they balance out each others agendas ?
I don't know.
Not too interested in politics.
I am a casual observer. And I usually vote. Like most people, probably cluelessly.

cubansammich

Not a Member
"Be afraid, very afraid".:cool:
That is an astute observation Dave. Could it be that the promoters of fear who are trying to make others afraid are not afraid themselves at all, but merely pushing an agenda to get their way by scaring the bejesus out of the simpletons? If so then we need to determine if the posted fear is the work of the "promoters" or the "simpletons", or the 3rd choice of course the undiagnosed, paranoid mentally ill.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I found Turtle's post [and accompanying links] appalling: using SWAT teams to raid an organic farm? And in other places, checking for licenses in barbershops [Orlando]? Food co-ops and Amish farms?
The thing is, though, these abuses of power aren't federal - they're local law enforcement agencies, who apparently have the resources [thanks to federal grants] and just want excuses to use them.
Voters need to pay attention to what their city & state are doing, and that's easier than controlling the feds, at least. When the city & state officials are held accountable, maybe the feds will pay attention.
They'll probably just find ways to better hide what they're doing, but even that is an admission that what they're doing is unacceptable.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That is an astute observation Dave. Could it be that the promoters of fear who are trying to make others afraid are not afraid themselves at all, but merely pushing an agenda to get their way by scaring the bejesus out of the simpletons? If so then we need to determine if the posted fear is the work of the "promoters" or the "simpletons", or the 3rd choice of course the undiagnosed, paranoid mentally ill.

What leads you to believe that there is SO much undiagnosed, paranoid, mentally ill people out there? I find it odd that you bring it up so much. Please explain so I can understand. :confused:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The thing is, though, these abuses of power aren't federal - they're local law enforcement agencies, who apparently have the resources [thanks to federal grants] and just want excuses to use them.

The Department of Education doesn't employ a single teacher. Not even one. But, they have their own Cracker Jack SWAT team. The United States of America is the only nation in the world where the Education Secretary has his own Delta Force. The U.S. Department of Education SWAT Force burst into Kenneth Wright’s Stockton, Calif., home in June 2011. “I look out of my window, and I see 15 police officers,” Wright told KXTV. Wright said one officer forced him by the neck onto the front lawn. “He had his knee on my back, and I had no idea why they were there.” While officers searched his house, Wright said, “They put me in handcuffs in a hot patrol car for six hours, traumatizing my kids,” then ages 3, 7, and 11.

They weren't even after Kenneth Wright, or his kids. They were after his estranged wife for suspected financial-aid fraud. She had moved away a year earlier. Financial...Aid...Fraud. The DOE OIG conducts, by their own admission, 30-35 such raids per year.

Why should the Education Secretary have his own private armed force? Well, of course, these days what self-respecting American bureaucrat doesn’t? Besides, the IRS has one, why shouldn't the Department of Education? You’re not a serious time-serving pen-pusher unless you can dispatch a bunch of guys in the full Robocop to take on groups known for their notorious penchant for violence, like, uhm, Gibson guitar makers, and Amish dairy farmers.

In August 2011, a US Fish and Wildlife SWAT team stormed into the Memphis and Nashville factories of Gibson Guitar. More than 60 armed agents, it was. What clear and present danger did Gibson pose? Rather than import finished guitar components, it purchased raw ebony and rosewood from India so that American workers, instead of Indians, could manufacture fingerboards and other electric-guitar parts. Gibson has since settled a law suit with the Justice Department, because as it turns out Gibson didn't do anything wrong, much less illegal.

The Food and Drug Administration has their own SWAT Team, too. Hey, why not? They used it to swarm Lancaster, Pa.'s Rainbow Acres Farm in April 2010. They did this because Amish farm owner Dan Allgyer illegally shipped unpasteurized milk across state lines to a woman who specifically requested raw, unpasteurized milk from the farm. Not surprisingly, after the publicity that the farm was selling dangerous milk, the farm subsequently folded. They'll flat put a raw milk producer out of business, but they'll look the other way... three times ...for a peanut butter manufacturer who can't tell the difference between bovine feces and peanut butter.

You know who else has a SWAT Team? The Small Business Administration's Office of the Inspector General. No, seriously, they have one. When financial question arose stemming from a small business loan as to whether the items claimed for the loan under FEMA was actually damaged in the tornado, 50 federal SBA agents, with IRS Special Agent Bobbi Spradlin, in tow, all decked out in full-on Storm Trooper gear, with guns drawn as if they expected heavy resistance, raided Mountain Pure Water, LLC, just off I-30 in Little Rock.

During the raid, when SBA Special Agent Cynthia Roberts, the raid leader, was asked what gave the SBA authority to do this, she responded, “We’re the federal government, we can do what we want, when we want, and there is nothing you can do about it.” When asked about Miranda Rights during questioning, SBA Special Agent Cynthia Roberts said, "Miranda? Never heard of it." When asked if they could consult an attorney, the SBA Special Agent Cynthia Roberts responded, "That's not gonna happen."

They were looking for proof of the alleged economic crimes. Unfortunately for the SBA, IRS and other agents, none was found. Mountain Pure Water, LLC, and its employees have
filed suit against SBA Special Agent Cynthia Roberts, IRS Special Agent Bobbi Spradlin, and all of the other agents who took part in the raid.

By all accounts, the raid was similar on those uber dangerous and evil PilotFlyingJ people, where armed-to-the-teeth FBI and IRS agents stormed the office building as it were bin Laden's headquarters.

These are not local authorities doing these. But the local authorities get their cue, and their cash, and their authority from the feds to do the same things. The locals are simply an extension of the federals. And they're all doing these things with increasingly disturbing regularity.

Last edited:

cubansammich

Not a Member
What leads you to believe that there is SO much undiagnosed, paranoid, mentally ill people out there? I find it odd that you bring it up so much. Please explain so I can understand. :confused:
Listen Phil, I do not believe that there are all that many as a percentage of the population. That Percentage would go up when you read post after post of woe is me the government is out to get me posts that can be a trait of paranoid behavior. Then it gets even higher when that person claims to be a former government agent of some sort. Then if that same person would react as you are now to a simple helpful suggestion that may save your life then it would skyrocket.

In your recent absence there were also other things that happened referring to past claims you had made about war protesters and being spat upon. Alarming contradictions were noted in your previous posts then deleted by moderators. Do I have you permission to post the contradictions? Maybe seeing the different versions will help you make a sound decision regarding treatment. Honestly Phil, I'm trying to be helpful to you.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
First off, my name is not Phil. Second, you can stop with the "baiting". It no longer works. Third, I hardly need your help.

cubansammich

Not a Member
First off, my name is not Phil. Second, you can stop with the "baiting". It no longer works. Third, I hardly need your help.
I apologize if I have you confused with someone else. I was under the impression that your wiife and team driver posted as ateam.

I did not ask to take the direction of the thread this way. Your questioning of why I said what I did brought about an honest answer. I am sorry if you don't like my sincere reply. Maybe we should just drop it.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I apologize if I have you confused with someone else. I was under the impression that your wiife and team driver posted as ateam.

I did not ask to take the direction of the thread this way. Your questioning of why I said what I did brought about an honest answer. I am sorry if you don't like my sincere reply. Maybe we should just drop it.

Now how could I post as the "ATeam", AND, Layoutshooter when we are only allowed one screen name? :confused::confused:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
In your recent absence there were also other things that happened referring to past claims you had made about war protesters and being spat upon. Alarming contradictions were noted in your previous posts then deleted by moderators. Do I have you permission to post the contradictions? Maybe seeing the different versions will help you make a sound decision regarding treatment. Honestly Phil, I'm trying to be helpful to you.
The quoted paragraph above moves the discussion from the issues and into an attempt at baiting someone into a personal confrontation, because it goes far beyond the question asked. It is not an honest answer to the question asked. Now you're trying to drag things from at least two different thread into this one. That's not gonna happen unless you get permission from one of the Administrators. Good luck with that. Your quoted paragraph also discusses Moderator actions which is not only off-topic because they happened in an entirely different thread, it is also a direct violation of the Code of Conduct.

One phrase you should keep in mind is,
"...become more trouble than you're worth."

cubansammich

Not a Member
Now how could I post as the "ATeam", AND, Layoutshooter when we are only allowed one screen name? :confused::confused:
Please don't be so angry it was my mistake. I just told you that I thought ateam was your wifes screen name and you were team drivers. I admit my mistakes I am sorry.

So I guess you are not giving permission to post 3 of your quotes side by side. It may very well be helpful to you to see them together but if you do not wish it done that is fine with me. Just understand sometimes seeing things may jar something else and realizations about one self can be made and be quite helpful.

cubansammich

Not a Member
The quoted paragraph above moves the discussion from the issues and into an attempt at baiting someone into a personal confrontation, because it goes far beyond the question asked. It is not an honest answer to the question asked. Now you're trying to drag things from at least two different thread into this one. That's not gonna happen unless you get permission from one of the Administrators. Good luck with that. Your quoted paragraph also discusses Moderator actions which is not only off-topic because they happened in an entirely different thread, it is also a direct violation of the Code of Conduct.

One phrase you should keep in mind is,
"...become more trouble than you're worth."

Again my apologies. He asked this question

"What leads you to believe that there is SO much undiagnosed, paranoid, mentally ill people out there? I find it odd that you bring it up so much. Please explain so I can understand."

In trying to help him understand and explain upon his request I guess I crossed a line. I'm done with it.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It would seem that Zimmerman isn't the only one making questionable decisions. I wonder if there's a virus going around and if you can catch it from forum posts? (Goes to fetch Lysol to spray the keyboard.)