Zimmerman makes another bad decision!

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
Zimmerman went to Kel-Tec in Cocoa, Florida ... a gun manufacturing company. *We're told he was asking questions about the legality of buying a shotgun -- specifically, the Kel-Tec KSG.

George Zimmerman Shops For Tactical Shotgun | TMZ.com

I can't believe this guy is out shopping for shot guns!
If I had that many death threats against me I would be looking for an AR-15
with some extra mags. ;)

Actually, the shotgun holds 12 rounds and looks pretty effective but I would rather pop out 30 rounds and be able to change the mag in 2 seconds then to have to pump that thing 12 times and then try to reload.

xxiv24

Expert Expediter
The street howitzer is a more effective crowd pleaser for multiple pesky death threats.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using EO Forums mobile app

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
He's following the sage advice of that brilliant personal defense authority Joe Biden. :rolleyes:

Brisco

Expert Expediter
And George.........If you're reading this.........I have NO Problem with you using any of that money I donated to your Defense Fund to BUY whatever Gun-Rifle-Weapon your little Heart Desires.......OK!!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Are you sure you don't mean one bourbon, one scotch, and one beer. At least that's what George Thorogood says.

cubansammich

Not a Member
It's a smart plan to have at least one handgun, one rifle, and one shotgun.
It depends on your perceived reasons for the weaponry. If you do not fear the government and you are looking for simple home protection the rifle is not needed. A sidearm and shotgun are plenty for that.

If you do however fear the government and believe you are protecting yourself from them then the 3 mentioned arms are not nearly enough. You will need a safe room, grenades, missile launchers, food for the pending apocalypse (zombie or otherwise), and much more than 3 firearms. I may also suggest military fatigues, face paint in greens, browns and black, a headband numerous belts to hold extra ammunition and cool looking gadgets and a slightly torn muscle shirt.

A third choice would be to skip everything in the preceding paragraph and simply seek out a team of competent mental health professionals.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There are MANY uses for firearms, MOST are legal, and all types of firearms are used in those uses. The more you have the more fun you have.

Anyone who does not fear government, no matter which government that may be, is a fool and has likely flunked history. There has never been, and will never be, a "good" government. At it's best government is neutral. Few have ever been that good and none has ever remained so. ALL government is either, or will become, malevolent. It is the natural progression of unchecked and uncontrolled power. The ability to check the power of government is the primary reason to maintain a well armed citizenry. The ability to protect one's lives and property is another. All sporting uses for firearms are secondary to those primary reasons.

cubansammich

Not a Member
There are MANY uses for firearms, MOST are legal, and all types of firearms are used in those uses. The more you have the more fun you have.

Well those nice boys at Columbine, Sandy Hook, the Colorado theater etc. and that McVeigh fella must have been having a real riot then.

How is stocking an artillery because our government is going to somehow enslave us "fun".

Anyone who does not fear government, no matter which government that may be, is a fool and has likely flunked history.
While that may be partially true it also true that distrusting of government is a common sign of mental illness. Those who are mentally ill and have an irrational fear of government are most likely unaware that their fears are part of their mental illness. They may also make quotes on internet forums similar to the one quoted above.

There has never been, and will never be, a "good" government. At it's best government is neutral.

Most governments that attempt to let their population live freely I would classify as mostly good. Like people however, some that are mostly good have some less than desirable traits. There are many countries that I would contend have a mostly good government system in place. The U.S, Canada, Britain and many other European countries come to mind.

Few have ever been that good and none has ever remained so. ALL government is either, or will become, malevolent. It is the natural progression of unchecked and uncontrolled power. The ability to check the power of government is the primary reason to maintain a well armed citizenry. The ability to protect one's lives and property is another. All sporting uses for firearms are secondary to those primary reasons.

That is patently false many have remained good up until this time in history. Any country that has legal voters does not have uncontrolled power. Your assumption that our government has uncontrolled power is a false premise designed to perpetuate your ongoing fears. In other words you are basically telling yourself and anyone that reads your rants that sure we have some freedom now as fact then projecting your "visions of future" as a fact also. The second part is pure conjecture and should not be mixed up with facts.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Funny how some seem to have to get personal. I mentioned no one individual in my post, nor did I accuse anyone of ranting or being ill. I also did not "mix up" criminal activity with the normal every day use of tools.

Firearms are tools, they are neither good or bad, they are inanimate items. Their use is solely determined by those who use them.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Some would be much happier in Russia or China or Cuba or Venezuela than here in the U.S.. It's a shame they are stuck here and can't go where they'd be happier.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
While that may be partially true it also true that distrusting of government is a common sign of mental illness. Those who are mentally ill and have an irrational fear of government are most likely unaware that their fears are part of their mental illness.
For those with irrational fears of the government, perhaps, but for those who are aware and can recognize the realities around them, not so much. In fact, those who have a mental illness and have an irrational trust of government are most likely unaware that their trust is part of their mental illness. They literally have delusions that the government is benevolent and are here to help.

40,000 SWAT raids per year that involve subjecting nonviolent drug offenders and innocent bystanders to police terror by wrongfully having their homes invaded by police dressed as soldiers, which far too often has resulted in unnecessary death and injuries. SWAT teams are even being used to serve administrative warrants. That's the reality.

A 23-member SWAT team broke through the gates of the Garden of Eden, a 3.5 acre Arlington, Texas organic farm and led a massive 10-hour search of the property. The residents were handcuffed and held at gunpoint while they watched more than 10 tons of their property hauled off in trucks.

What dangerous contraband required this massive governmental response? It wasn’t illegal explosives, stolen vehicles or a meth lab. It wasn't even for the marijuana plants that were listed on the warrant. It was for organic blackberry bushes, okra plants, and sunflowers.

Back in February, the City of Arlington started complaining to the farm about possible city code violations. Officials said that the grass was too tall, bushes were too close to the street, and chopped wood wasn’t stacked in a government-approved manner. Basically, these are Home Owner Association style complaints where no homeowners’ association exists.

The farm owners said they had corrected some of the issues and challenged others, requesting meetings with the city to work out an amicable agreement. Challenging the others instead of bowing down was the cause of the farm's demise.

Early the morning of August 2, the government responded with the SWAT raid. Officers carried search warrants alleging that the farm might be growing marijuana, but none was found. The search warrant, signed the day before the raid, gave police the pretext to enforce the city’s “code violations” on private property.

The officers shielded their nametags so they couldn't be identified and didn’t produce a warrant until two hours after the raid started.

Government agents destroyed “7 blackberry bushes, 15 okra plants, 14 tomatillo plants, numerous native grasses and sunflowers which provided food and bedding for animals, and essential material for building projects and provided cool and shade for crops that would otherwise be dead due to the intense summer heat.”

They hauled off furniture, wooden pallets, food, even compost. They cut down a patch of sweet potatoes with a weed whacker and got rid of other “weeds” used to shade plants during the hot Texas summer.

After all of that, the police arrested one resident, Quinn Eaker for unrelated parking violations. "I think every single right we have was violated," he said. "Every single one."

The City of Arlington disagrees. Spokeswoman Sana Syed said the raid was perfectly legal and appropriate. "The purpose was to improve the quality of life, to resolve safety issues within neighborhoods and to hold the property owner responsible for creating blight conditions on their property."

Owner irked after raid on Arlington's 'Garden of Eden' | WFAA Dallas - Fort Worth

Texas Police Hit Organic Farm With Massive SWAT Raid - Huffington Post Report

Into the Garden of Eden Garden of Eden Website

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Funny how some seem to have to get personal. I mentioned no one individual in my post, nor did I accuse anyone of ranting or being ill.
This is the standard M.O. of the left, though they may not even recognize it in themselves. Notice how all I said was that it's good practice to have at least 1 of each major type of firearm, being that they're for different purposes, and a leftist twisted that and then attacked, casting aspersions. Doing so comes as naturally to a leftist as election fraud.

And notice how they don't recognize those traits in themselves, which makes sense, considering how modern liberalism is a mental disease.

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Well those nice boys at Columbine, Sandy Hook, the Colorado theater etc. and that McVeigh fella must have been having a real riot then.

How is stocking an artillery because our government is going to somehow enslave us "fun".

While that may be partially true it also true that distrusting of government is a common sign of mental illness. Those who are mentally ill and have an irrational fear of government are most likely unaware that their fears are part of their mental illness. They may also make quotes on internet forums similar to the one quoted above.

Most governments that attempt to let their population live freely I would classify as mostly good. Like people however, some that are mostly good have some less than desirable traits. There are many countries that I would contend have a mostly good government system in place. The U.S, Canada, Britain and many other European countries come to mind.

That is patently false many have remained good up until this time in history. Any country that has legal voters does not have uncontrolled power. Your assumption that our government has uncontrolled power is a false premise designed to perpetuate your ongoing fears. In other words you are basically telling yourself and anyone that reads your rants that sure we have some freedom now as fact then projecting your "visions of future" as a fact also. The second part is pure conjecture and should not be mixed up with facts.
Senor Hogie do you think that blacks in our past history had unreasonable fears about our government and had a degree of mental illness?

cubansammich

Not a Member
Funny how some seem to have to get personal. I mentioned no one individual in my post, nor did I accuse anyone of ranting or being ill. I also did not "mix up" criminal activity with the normal every day use of tools.

Firearms are tools, they are neither good or bad, they are inanimate items. Their use is solely determined by those who use them.

If you are referring to me,I was very careful to reply to what you said and not get personal. If you took it personally then maybe I hit something within yourself and your fears rational or otherwise.

I merely pointed out that extreme fear of government is a common trait of those with mental illness and those who are mentally ill and have this extreme fear more than likely DO NOT EVEN KNOW IT.

Without getting personal with you, the POST I quoted describes an apparent extreme fear of government.

"Anyone who does not fear government, no matter which government that may be, is a fool and has likely flunked history."

"There has never been, and will never be, a "good" government."

"ALL government is either, or will become, malevolent."

Whether the fears are rational or not is not my call and I am NOT calling you paranoid, delusional or anything close to that. I just felt is was my duty as a caring individual to point out that these posts are similar to many people who have paranoid mental health issues and do not even know it. If it does not apply please carry on, if it hits a nerve and it appears as it did, maybe a self exam is in order.

This is by no means a personal attack on you or directed to you specifically but merely info to anyone who reads this thread and has thoughts of

"the government is out to get me I better be well armed and stockpiled with food and artillery for the impending Armageddon"

The earlier paranoid delusions are diagnosed the easier and more effective the treatment process.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Some would be much happier in Russia or China or Cuba or Venezuela than here in the U.S.. It's a shame they are stuck here and can't go where they'd be happier.
"Dude, where's my country?"

FOUND IT!

uploadfromtaptalk1377452996355.jpg

cubansammich

Not a Member
Senor Hogie do you think that blacks in our past history had unreasonable fears about our government and had a degree of mental illness?

That is funny. Of course they had fear. They were imprisoned, beaten and enslaved and in many cases raped. I think they had a perfectly reasonable fear.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
For those with irrational fears of the government, perhaps, but for those who are aware and can recognize the realities around them, not so much. In fact, those who have a mental illness and have an irrational trust of government are most likely unaware that their trust is part of their mental illness. They literally have delusions that the government is benevolent and are here to help.

40,000 SWAT raids per year that involve subjecting nonviolent drug offenders and innocent bystanders to police terror by wrongfully having their homes invaded by police dressed as soldiers, which far too often has resulted in unnecessary death and injuries. SWAT teams are even being used to serve administrative warrants. That's the reality.

A 23-member SWAT team broke through the gates of the Garden of Eden, a 3.5 acre Arlington, Texas organic farm and led a massive 10-hour search of the property. The residents were handcuffed and held at gunpoint while they watched more than 10 tons of their property hauled off in trucks.

What dangerous contraband required this massive governmental response? It wasn’t illegal explosives, stolen vehicles or a meth lab. It wasn't even for the marijuana plants that were listed on the warrant. It was for organic blackberry bushes, okra plants, and sunflowers.

Back in February, the City of Arlington started complaining to the farm about possible city code violations. Officials said that the grass was too tall, bushes were too close to the street, and chopped wood wasn’t stacked in a government-approved manner. Basically, these are Home Owner Association style complaints where no homeowners’ association exists.

The farm owners said they had corrected some of the issues and challenged others, requesting meetings with the city to work out an amicable agreement. Challenging the others instead of bowing down was the cause of the farm's demise.

Early the morning of August 2, the government responded with the SWAT raid. Officers carried search warrants alleging that the farm might be growing marijuana, but none was found. The search warrant, signed the day before the raid, gave police the pretext to enforce the city’s “code violations” on private property.

The officers shielded their nametags so they couldn't be identified and didn’t produce a warrant until two hours after the raid started.

Government agents destroyed “7 blackberry bushes, 15 okra plants, 14 tomatillo plants, numerous native grasses and sunflowers which provided food and bedding for animals, and essential material for building projects and provided cool and shade for crops that would otherwise be dead due to the intense summer heat.”

They hauled off furniture, wooden pallets, food, even compost. They cut down a patch of sweet potatoes with a weed whacker and got rid of other “weeds” used to shade plants during the hot Texas summer.

After all of that, the police arrested one resident, Quinn Eaker for unrelated parking violations. "I think every single right we have was violated," he said. "Every single one."

The City of Arlington disagrees. Spokeswoman Sana Syed said the raid was perfectly legal and appropriate. "The purpose was to improve the quality of life, to resolve safety issues within neighborhoods and to hold the property owner responsible for creating blight conditions on their property."

Owner irked after raid on Arlington's 'Garden of Eden' | WFAA Dallas - Fort Worth

Texas Police Hit Organic Farm With Massive SWAT Raid - Huffington Post Report

Into the Garden of Eden Garden of Eden Website

Based on this information I'm ashamed that Arlington is part of Texas. Sana Syed and the rest of those responsible should be immediately deported to Chicago, San Francisco or NYC.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"Without getting personal with you, the POST I quoted describes an apparent extreme fear of government."

Not an "extreme fear" of government, a HEALTHY fear of government.

Going back into history we see that the "royal families" imposed their will and gained their power by force. Moving on to more modern days we see MILLIONS murdered, all by governments. ALL of the wars/conflicts we have today were caused by governments.

The history of this country shows no difference, even to this day. People speak of the "rule of law" often in this country. The "greatest rule of law", the Constitution, is being trashed as we speak. One only has to look at the attempts to illegally circumvent the Bill of Rights, in many ways, gun control, the stifling of political speech by an armed agency, the IRS, are just two very good examples of a government totally out of control. The excesses, and probably, criminal activity in regards to unwarranted spying on US citizens by NSA, as directed by the government, is another.

That is just a FEW things. We could go back to the internment of American citizens of Japanese decent at the onset of WWII, or to the "Trail of Tears" and many, many other such excesses.

It would be totally irrational to NOT fear government, assuming one is paying, and has ever, payed attention to what has, and is, going on.

Make NO mistake, I speak of ALL government, not just ours.