You WILL attend mosque

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
I did. Being a cult, they redefine many things. Christ, redemption, salvation, the entire plan of salvation, etc. they're like Mormons. They use the same terms, but different entirely.

Which religion doesn't...the story of Christ isn't original Christians took old deities and renamed them Christ. Christians redefined Horus into Christ...every religion is based on old stories, old religions and their personal interpretation of these stories.

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I always hate it when there's an otherwise good story, and the only source is WND.
Given you quoted the nut-bag Pamela Geller in another article (where you could have cited WSJ instead), I find that somewhat hard to believe ... :rolleyes:

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I,m not into religion or religiosity I have a relationship with the King Of Kings.

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
"Kingdom of the Cults", I think it was written by Walter Martin. is a great book about various 'christian' cults and there belief systems.

Cults, theologically speaking are basically a group of people who claim to be in this case 'christian' and deny the histirical central doctrines of christianity.

In the US Mormonisn and JWism are the two biggest. This isn't to say by the way that either of these reliogens is 'wrong', it may be either one of them has it 'right', but they clearly are not historical 'Christianity', and it is disengenious at the least for them to claim to be, which is why christian theologens clssify them as cults.

Incidently Kabalah is a 'cult' of Judiaism.

Anyway, get the book its very interesting.

Last edited:

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Only if while attending he actually prayed to the false god. But attending the service for any other reason than worship wouldn't qualify.

Sort of, but not really. He wasn't being required to go to a service, he was being required to go to an event where they was also going to be a service. The service wasn't the primary reason for him going, nor the primary reason for inviting the police.

Well no, not really. It was, literally, a "law enforcement appreciation day" held in appreciation for the work the Tulsa PD did in relation to the mosque. They also scheduled the "appreciation day" on a day when religious services would take place, not because they wanted to worship with a bunch of infidels (and certainly not to proselytize and convert any of them, since that's quite impossible according to the Qur'an anyway - which office Fields would have known had he bothered to learn anything about Muslims), but because they wanted to show the police department what they do, what they were all about, to take the opportunity to dispel misunderstandings and prejudices.

Actually that wouldn't be balanced at all. The WND piece is already slanted and very selective with it's facts and conclusions as it is. No point in going overboard with it.
Okay after further review the (my) interpretation was incorrect.

But (yeah, yeah I know) I'm of the opinion (yeah, yeah I know that one too) that no one should be required to attend a function that includes a religious service against their will if its purely public relations type stuff. If he were given the option to show up during the tea and crumpets portion and skip the service part, then I would consider that part of his 'duty'.

Monty

Expert Expediter
I wouldn't want it to be. People would join for the wrong reasons. Let those who seek, and having sought, find, have it. Apparently, that's what God thinks, too

Just sayin .....

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Every religion redefines many things. If they didn't wouldn't we all be baptist or Methodist or whatever it may be?
No. All those have largely the same definitions with few small variances. The variances between Christianity & JW or Mormonism are many, and fundamental.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Which religion doesn't...the story of Christ isn't original Christians took old deities and renamed them Christ. Christians redefined Horus into Christ...every religion is based on old stories, old religions and their personal interpretation of these stories.

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

False. I don't remember the name of the work, but a Christian writer exploded that myth, exhaustively detailing the differences between Christ and the pagan myths.

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
False. I don't remember the name of the work, but a Christian writer exploded that myth, exhaustively detailing the differences between Christ and the pagan myths.

So the similarities mean nothing? And what Christian doesn't try and prove that they are the one true religion that their stories are original? Yeah it's just a total coincidence that the virgin birth, the rebirth of Christ, etc have all been told before!

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Man is the only animal with the one true religion....several of them.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
So the similarities mean nothing? And what Christian doesn't try and prove that they are the one true religion that their stories are original? Yeah it's just a total coincidence that the virgin birth, the rebirth of Christ, etc have all been told before!

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(
Lots of people can tell stories. Worship the one Who can actually pull it off

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm no animal gave that up when i gave my heart to JESUS.
Big Bad Billy is Mr nice Guy Now!!

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
But it's my deeply held conviction that the world needs more color, and I refuse to compromise that belief, so just deal with it. :p
Seriously, the officer wasn't required [or expected] to participate in a religious service, just to observe - is that something his principles wouldn't allow?
I've attended services in churches of several denominations, from Catholic to African Baptist [I love the gospel singing!] to Louisiana Pentecostal
, and never felt anything but welcome. One doesn't need to share beliefs to show respect - isn't that what freedom of religion is all about?
People like Officer Fields are sad: afraid that something they don't 'like' is contagious, and any exposure will contaminate them, so they remain ignorant their whole lives.

It's my understanding that observing a religious ceremony is participating in it. I don't go to church, so therefore I don't participate. If my butt was in a pew, I'd be participating.