You might be an Expediter if you...

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
You use profane language trying to figure out how to find the way out of an unfamiliar truckstop.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

ATeam

Retired Expediter
You might be an expediter if you ...

... Open the ExpeditersOnline Open Forum before checking for e-mails from family and friends.

... Hear the name of any major city in North America and know exactly where you will spend the night.

... Think of little else beyond getting freight on your truck, except when you have it on and then think of little else beyond getting it off.

... See yourself as a professional when everyone else sees you as a truck.

... Ache to go home and itch to get back out on the road.

... Take one for the team when there is no team.

... Consider quarters smaller than a prison cell to be high living.

... Keep your fresh bread in the same cupboard as your good shoes.

... Forget what the front entrance of a building looks like.

... Think you are doing great when sleeping in a Walmart parking lot.

Last edited:

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
you love the smell of Diesel in the morning, or you know the names of a dozen waitresses in a dozen states....be one with the Bladder Obie Won....

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I still remember Lawrence's response to the same subject years ago: when you're waiting for food inside Burger King, and the Beep! of the fry machine sends you running out to check the QC. :D
And Linder [Caffee] mentioned having more gadgets plugged into the dash than in the average kitchen....
But I can't remember what I said, lol.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I still remember Lawrence's response to the same subject years ago: when you're waiting for food inside Burger King, and the Beep! of the fry machine sends you running out to check the QC. :D
And Linder [Caffee] mentioned having more gadgets plugged into the dash than in the average kitchen....

Whoa. Spot on. Cheri, that was 10 years ago? : )

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
--

---You carry more baby wipes than 'Octomom'

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

That literally made me laugh out loud! Them suckers are the 'duct tape" of cleaning lol... freshening up, to cleaning the inside of the van...cant have too many!

Dale

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member

You realize most people on here have no idea what you're talking about lol. Hated those QC pagers! Always beeped as the waitress sat my food down.

"Crap, I forgot to leave a callback number with dispatch!"

Dale

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
When your ''favorites'' list on your GPS looks like a secret code. (CNH, JLG, ZF, NTN)

Last edited:

moose

Veteran Expediter
Wonder if your spouse weigh worth it's load opportunity.

marry a skinny, low maintenance - because they take less room in the truck.

choose a beverage base on the container opening.

consider a crowded shopping mall as a legit place to rest.

are NOT regulated, yet know every letter in the green regulation book .

slow down to be more productive.

think that driving into the sunset, can be very annoying.

can't find the shipper, despite having 5 navigation systems.

have a teddy bear strap to the jump seat, so you will have someone to talk with.

gospelriders

Seasoned Expediter
when things in a truckstop impress you.
like- a parking lot that doesn't smell like pee
well divided bathroom stalls
a great selection of beef jerky and energy drinks

Kristi

Active Expediter
...have named your GPS & assigned it a gender

...have an arguement with your co driver or spouse in public and say "We'll talk about this when we get home" meaning when you get back in the truck.

...refer to your cab/front seats as "the livingroom"

Sent from my SCH-I405 using EO Forums

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Crap I don't do that either. I'm in the wrong line of work.

Don't change occupations, practice the Dirty Windshield Reaction Drill. Occasionally when I have traveled 200 or more miles without dirtying my windshield, I will pull over an fling a Healthy Choice Four Cheese Tortellini Dinner (with green beans) on my windshield. I get back on the road with windshield wipers going wild until I can't see anymore or I hit something. Then I pull over, get the Sprayway glass cleaner, paper towels and do the Dirty Windshield Reaction Drill Boogey.

mbc383

Expert Expediter
I look at it like this as long as the bottle don't mind then fill it. Rest rooms are for the weak.....

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
you might be an expediter if you can Voice program the GPS while talking to dispatch on the cell, while filling out the log book and driving thru the Fuel Islands......oh they call that distracted driving today....I call it SKILL.