You’re going to tow my truck where?

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
Now for the "Buck with a badge" not at a customer of ours that chooses to pull us over, approach us at a rest area, pull us into a scale and without reasonable cause which equal uninvited be forewarned, walk into our sleeper while either of us is asleep in bed especially naked be prepared for that nasty fight. I have a right to protect myself and my wife has a right to feel he was attempting to rape her. Bad move on BUCKO's part!!! Cops have been convicted of attempted rape of the female they pulled over for a "routine traffic check" and some deserved it!!!

Not to disrespect your wife or anything but why would any team driver ever let this happen? If I was in this scenario and I'm driving and some LEO is acting up, I'm waking up my co-driver to give him a cliffs and he should know to start video recording on his phone.

Like someone said, its one thing to talk tough on the internet but your talking about a million to one scenario.

It would be an epic fail for a team driver to send a LEO into your sleeper without giving you a heads up. I'm sorry but that's now how I would pick a co-driver.

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
You make me laugh Streak, I mean how many people can afford to go and fight some of this crap - not many. Even if your lawyer works for free, as mine has for a long time, the cost of these things including the travel adds up and not worth the fight.

I can think of a few situations that the present is more important than the future when trying to put on this mocho trucker stuff - some of it can ruin your career because of the time and money to get things corrected.

In all honesty, those cops can do a lot of damage to you by just following the rules. And the more "qualified" you are (TSA, TWIC, FAST and so on) and the more you specialize in specific freight, the more you have to lose.

Can ya send your free lawyer my way? All of mine charge for their services! $250.00 for my attorney in Horseheads to represent me in my absence is chump change for letting a rouge LEO know "ya didn't get away with it this time Bucko." Nothing macho about standing up and doing the right thing. Right is right, wrong is wrong, he knew it and so did I. At the scene I did not argue with his wrongful application of the law, I instead fought it in a court of law with an attorney where I new I could win. Cops hate having to show up for court on their day off so they need to know the ticket(s) they write are valid and provable. His was not.

What damage can he or any other LEO truly do when they were wrong to begin with? If I'm following the same rules then there is no cause to do damage, unless they're lying.

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
Not to disrespect your wife or anything but why would any team driver ever let this happen? If I was in this scenario and I'm driving and some LEO is acting up, I'm waking up my co-driver to give him a cliffs and he should know to start video recording on his phone.

Like someone said, its one thing to talk tough on the internet but your talking about a million to one scenario.

It would be an epic fail for a team driver to send a LEO into your sleeper without giving you a heads up. I'm sorry but that's now how I would pick a co-driver.

Never said I would send an LEO into our sleeper while my wife was back there asleep or otherwise. In the scenario we're speaking of, the person to whom was driving the vehicle at the time of the stop is the only one he/she truly need be interested in. Especially not to take it to the point of barging into one's sleeper while the co-driver is asleep.

Not trying to talk tough on the internet here, just stating fact. As a former LEO, my wife certainly did not allow him to step into our truck and inter our sleeper when I refused to get up, get dressed, come out of our sleeper, and break my sleeper berth time that was already in progress. Knowing the original purpose of his stopping us (burned out headlight) and knowing there truly was no "reasonable" excuse for him to force me out of the sleeper our enter it uninvited, he knew he would have had to justify his actions to his superiors and possibly in court if he had not backed off. He made the right choice.

If that one in a million scenario ever does occur, the results may be very different.

Last edited:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Can ya send your free lawyer my way? All of mine charge for their services! $250.00 for my attorney in Horseheads to represent me in my absence is chump change for letting a rouge LEO know "ya didn't get away with it this time Bucko."

Nope you got to find your own.

Well that doesn't always work, especially when you are dealing with say NYC police department or LA. The smaller communities and areas it may.

Nothing macho about standing up and doing the right thing. Right is right, wrong is wrong, he knew it and so did I. [/quotes]

That's all good and well, but ...

At the scene I did not argue with his wrongful application of the law, I instead fought it in a court of law with an attorney where I new I could win.

Good attitude.

Cops hate having to show up for court on their day off so they need to know the ticket(s) they write are valid and provable. His was not.

If there is a ticket involved, that's different than say something like having an inspection done within what they feel is reasonable cause. Many cops may hate it, but I know an awful lot that don't mind it - by the way you do know they get paid for showing up?

What damage can he or any other LEO truly do when they were wrong to begin with?

Well they can do a lot, if they want to. It doesn't really matter, it is just the idea that they can make your life a bit of a pain for a while is enough. BUT say they do plant something or find something in your truck, then what?

If I'm following the same rules then there is no cause to do damage, unless they're lying.

Yep that's my attitude but also to be cautious and offer what they want within limits. If you take the approach of being on the defensive without any reasoning, then they will take that as a sign as you have something to hide.

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
Never said I would send an LEO into our sleeper while my wife was back there asleep or otherwise.

Well when you said this:

Now for the "Buck with a badge" not at a customer of ours that chooses to pull us over, approach us at a rest area, pull us into a scale and without reasonable cause which equal uninvited be forewarned, walk into our sleeper while either of us is asleep in bed especially naked be prepared for that nasty fight. I have a right to protect myself and my wife has a right to feel he was attempting to rape her. Bad move on BUCKO's part!!! Cops have been convicted of attempted rape of the female they pulled over for a "routine traffic check" and some deserved it!!!

It implies that you or your co-driver would let that happen. My point is, the only way your dream scenario of a LEO walking into your sleeper to wake you / your wife up is if the driver is too stupid not to wake you first and let it happen.

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
It implies that you or your co-driver would let that happen. My point is, the only way your dream scenario of a LEO walking into your sleeper to wake you / your wife up is if the driver is too stupid not to wake you first and let it happen.

Trust me,"if" one ever chooses to go through those closed curtains that divides the "cab" from the "sleeper" without my permission and without "reasonable cause", I will be yelling back at my wife to wake up immediately. Otherwise I have no need to wake her up on a routine stop for "defective equipment" etc. Nor do I need to wake her up to retrieve her driver's license simply because we have a burned out light. If he/she is Boarder Patrol checking for illegals on-board, I'll treat it differently.

My interpretation of the actual laws and how they can legally be enforced upon us are not always right, and I'll be the first to admit it. But I will say that having a former LEO on-board helps in knowing just how far I (we) can push the envelope from a legal standpoint with LE when they are wrong. May not always get the result we may wish for at the scene but that is what the courts of law and attorneys are for. RIGHT IS RIGHT!

The trend of late with more and more LEO's is to step on the rights of the American Truckers and abuse their power. Commercial vehicle or not, there are still lines in the sand not to be crossed. If not we as truckers already live in a Communist State! :mad:

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
you can work after the 14 hrs but you cant drive.Myself,id have shown delivery in the sleeper and worried about leaving later

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
If you can make the del but cant stay on the cons lot after and are out of hours you need to get the name of the person ordering you off of company property. You call safety have them conferm then document that the driver was ordered off and then you can move to a safe haven. Because you had no other way to get off of the property even if you had the truck towed you are on duty because you are working and not in the bunk no dot cop would hold it against you with all of your t's crossed

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
You can be on duty after the 14 hour clock expires. You just can't drive until you have your 10 hours in the sleeper.
In this case I received a call from someone at FedEx that explained what should have happened in this instance.
Once dispatch was informed that I could not deliver and that I was out of hours the freight should have been immediately transferred to another truck that could come back at the time the receiver would accept delivery. Surprisingly he apologized to me on behalf of FedEx for the way things were handled.

1roaddog

Seasoned Expediter
Drive .6 of a mile shut off truck. repeat till you get your self to walmart. repeat process if needed.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Drive .6 of a mile shut off truck.

You forgot the 'wink' icon - you ARE kidding, right?

repeat till you get your self to walmart. repeat process if needed

With all due respect, that's the worst advice I've read in a very long time. Looks like EOBRs are already making people do crazy stupid things, because you can't explain anything to a computer.....:mad:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
You can be on duty after the 14 hour clock expires. You just can't drive until you have your 10 hours in the sleeper.
In this case I received a call from someone at FedEx that explained what should have happened in this instance.
Once dispatch was informed that I could not deliver and that I was out of hours the freight should have been immediately transferred to another truck that could come back at the time the receiver would accept delivery. Surprisingly he apologized to me on behalf of FedEx for the way things were handled.

Well it shows the company cares, now if only they could convince the dispatchers.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App