Wow! Stuck in Texas for 3 days, gotta refuse loads down here from now on.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The thing I've found with the frontage roads, they're sometimes one way and sometimes not, and it's not always as obvious as it should be.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I have no problem with the frontage rds, well except that they will screw with the GPS..but i am with Xiggi, the michigan turn arounds are a pita...

myvan010

Seasoned Expediter
I always welcomed 2 to 3 day waits in texas having run 18 to 22 hours to get there,So after I set for the few days I was rested up and ready to go, As far as rates I would be lying if I said I never took cheap freight out of laredo, But all in all I did make a few bucks and got to a better area and got a great run..Its up to each individual to determine what is best for them. Just my 2 cents worth

Kristi

Active Expediter
Personally we like going into Laredo. Anything going in and almost anything coming out is gonna be good miles. This run we're on now is taking us into Dallas from Largo FL. We don't mind being in TX at all.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using EO Forums

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Image Search Results for automatic airsoft guns When ur at ur favorite truck stop like the J in Laredo, just back up to the south end, open ur van doors and blast Grackle Birds, what fun, and no noise, if ur bored still, blast away at panther vans, lol, just kidding, I would never suggest seriously to blast ur fellow expediters now would I?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
There's actuallly quite a few toll roads in Houston. The Hardy toll road and the Sam Houston Parkway. But I agree it's nice without the mountains.

There's the one that routes through the middle of the airport, too - freaked me out, lol - trucks and passenger terminals don't belong together!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
On my way from Brooklyn Mich to Houston, Texas..:D Have a 0800 Weds protect time...I'll give dispatch untill Noon EST to get me loaded..if not, I start the DH back to Toledo, Ohio to be thereby Fri for my daughters Graduation from High School...Trip paid well enough that i cpuld fly home, but i figure dispatch might find me something along the way home, even if its only part way...but hey, if not, she only graduates from high school once..si if i DH the 1300 miles, its all good..:D

usaf6186

Veteran Expediter
And don't forget the cup handle left turns in NJ. You have to make a right before the intersection and go around a loop to make a left turn. Jerry Lee

Kristi

Active Expediter
Image Search Results for automatic airsoft guns When ur at ur favorite truck stop like the J in Laredo, just back up to the south end, open ur van doors and blast Grackle Birds, what fun, and no noise, if ur bored still, blast away at panther vans, lol, just kidding, I would never suggest seriously to blast ur fellow expediters now would I?

Funny story...

I woke up today to this conversation with my husband:

"Dave shot the front window out with a pellet gun this morning!"

Dave is our roommate (he's a 62 yr old retire state trooper) and he was teaching his 12 yr old great nephew gun safety this morning. When my husband asked him why he was shooting a pellet gun in the house his response was:
"I didn't know it was loaded!"

Luckly nobody was hurt and the window that got shot out was the little pane of glass in the screen door.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using EO Forums

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Once you get used to those, it kind of makes sense.

Your right...but getting used to 'em can be rough. I got twisted up last year trying to get the USPS bulk distribution docks in Philly. It was a temper-testing experience to say the least...lol.

So, then Highway Star does the same run and I give him directions to save him the aggravation. He delivers and says "wow man, that was easy...whats your problem?". Now everybody knows why I dont like Highway Star so much :D

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
On my way from Brooklyn Mich to Houston, Texas..:D Have a 0800 Weds protect time...I'll give dispatch untill Noon EST to get me loaded..if not, I start the DH back to Toledo, Ohio to be thereby Fri for my daughters Graduation from High School...Trip paid well enough that i cpuld fly home, but i figure dispatch might find me something along the way home, even if its only part way...but hey, if not, she only graduates from high school once..si if i DH the 1300 miles, its all good..:D

So is it Dallas or Houston??? In the Load 1 Forum you said Dallas. And just out of curiosity what time were dispatched on this amazing high rate of pay run? ( not to worry I'm in a straight truck now a days:D)

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
So is it Dallas or Houston??? In the Load 1 Forum you said Dallas. And just out of curiosity what time were dispatched on this amazing high rate of pay run? ( not to worry I'm in a straight truck now a days:D)

LOL< yea..it is Houston (my bad :D ) and i was dispatched at around 1845 with a 2200 PU...closest to it got it and the weight for me...and the fact that they asked for a sprinter...but being closest to it, thats one of the reasons I go home to Toledo instead of sitting in Taylor....

Last edited:

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter

Well, in "Texas miles" their almost neighboring cities...lol

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
LOL< yea..it is Houston (my bad :D ) and i was dispatched at around 1845 with a 2200 PU...closest to it got it and the weight for me...and the fact that they asked for a sprinter...but being closest to it, thats one of the reasons I go home to Toledo instead of sitting in Taylor....

Yeah well my driver in the cube was closer and was was first out for over 24 hours when you got the load and the load he was dispatched on was heavier than yours...... So there is no excuse there..... Yeah you can say I'm not real happy about what happened.

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
Not to mention Taylor is closer to Brooklyn Mi than Toledo, Ohio.... so really any unit in the yard should have been offered the load before you if your going to use distance as a rule.... However that shouldnt appy when there is ample time to pick up the load as there was in this case. My driver was the same distance away from the Load as you were.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Not to mention Taylor is closer to Brooklyn Mi than Toledo, Ohio.... so really any unit in the yard should have been offered the load before you if your going to use distance as a rule.... However that shouldnt appy when there is ample time to pick up the load as there was in this case. My driver was the same distance away from the Load as you were.

You aren't going to get any arguement from me..if its all being equal with both units, then dispatch messed up...

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Now back to the original topic, all you that feel the need not to come to Texas because you have to sit, again you need to look at your carrier...not the State of Texas...I will drop in Houston and I am "pre-dispatch" out......yea I have "bit of a DH", but I am going home loaded or not so its no big deal....Texas is not a problem to get out of....