Wow! Stuck in Texas for 3 days, gotta refuse loads down here from now on.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Would ya rather wait a whole week or maybe more instead of leaving same day and going to a better area? Well, now it depends how much you are paid now, but for my $.85 it's not a huge difference.

Sir...Laredo is a very good area...the cheapness is what has brought it down...you can't get much better then Laredo...:)

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Since Bolt Express offers these same rates or lower I guess the same thing could be said about them.

Bolt claims that they pay at least 85 cents... that's what the recruiter told me about two months ago...

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sir...Laredo is a very good area...the cheapness is what has brought it down...you can't get much better then Laredo...:)

I don't know, maybe it is a good area now... last time when I went down there, and that was about three months ago, it took me 5 days til they got me a load...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't know, maybe it is a good area now... last time when I went down there, and that was about three months ago, it took me 5 days til they got me a load...
how many loads could you have run in that 5 day period? How many miles more could you have run in them 5 days? realistically now?.....and how long are the runs from Laredo?....1200-1700 mile runs?....
Yes January was rough down there....hard to find a parking spot and the loads were going cheap....The BOLT next to me showed me his offer .50 cents and he took it...

Last edited:

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
how many loads could you have run in that 5 day period? How many miles more could you have run in them 5 days? realistically now?.....and how long are the runs from Laredo?....1200-1700 mile runs?....
Yes January was rough down there....hard to find a parking spot and the loads were going cheap....The BOLT next to me showed me his offer .50 cents and he took it...

From Laredo I usually get runs to MI or OH. Sometimes they're shorter, it either MO or AL. But in 5 days I can have 2 long runs and believe me, I had many times 2 long runs in a five days range.

For $.50 I won't even turn the engine on!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
From Laredo I usually get runs to MI or OH. Sometimes they're shorter, it either MO or AL. But in 5 days I can have 2 long runs and believe me, I had many times 2 long runs in a five days range.

For $.50 I won't even turn the engine on!

Patience.....key word...you can only physically run so many miles....take it as a rest/recharge....all I am saying is....don't sell yourself short...Laredo can be a lucrative corridor..but not so much, if everyone takes .65 cent loads....then it turns into a long run without much payback...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
In short...if it works for you...go for it....we all live by our decisions...my decision ain't your decision and so on....I'll just wait for you to pass me by...I'll grab the next one out.....LOL

Good luck....Ken aka OVM

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Ill say it again...look at your carrier...you getting paid to sit a few days? We do...you getting consistent loads out of ALL Texas/NM/Arizona border towns at over a dollar a mile...we do...are you asked to run for less then $.95 a mile? , not us....

Look at your carriers.....

OVM is right, waiting out the bs loads in Laredo is not a big deal...so you are there 3 -4 days sometimes...there are also thhe times that you can be in and out of Texas 3 times in one week and make over $4000 with less then 3800 miles...my last trip into laredo I was predispatch as was the driver going in behind me...we had 2 other trucks there , one got out within 36 hours the other i can't speak to because i haven't been in contact with him...

So you make $1500 going into laredo you sit for 48 hours maybe 72 and then you get a load out going to Detroit that payes another $1900 ..... yea i wouldn't ever sit in Laredo....:rolleyes:

As i have said in more then 1 post in this thread, please don't come down there, take Texas out of your Atlas....its all good...:D

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Then how is it that Load 1 can pay over a buck a mile and the large branded carriers can only get enough to pay .50 or .60 cpm? I think it is because these large branded carriers know that if they leave their cargo vans set a day or two they will take a cheap rate load. And the carrier pockets more money.

Yea but Bolt, Fedex and Panther can do Canada and their all offering rates in the .50 to .65cpm range to get out of there. I think all these carriers are getting good rates, it is just that Load 1 pays you fairly while these other carriers are giving their vanners a shaftin.

100% agree. Ive said the same thing a few times. You can bet that the actual shipper is paying through the nose for exclusive use, dock to dock, straight through delivery.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
100% agree. Ive said the same thing a few times. You can bet that the actual shipper is paying through the nose for exclusive use, dock to dock, straight through delivery.

As i said, look at YOUR CARRIER.....LOL, it really is nice that most of the time I don't even feel the need to ask what a load payes.....:D

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Well, my post was meant to be more general. I do agree that the carrier makes the biggest difference. But I did less than $1,000 last with OUR carrier. This week is about the same so far. They still have time to get it right this week.

I was directing that at YOU, but a GENERAL "YOUR"..more to those talking about low rates...as for less then a $1000 this week, the month and quarter aren't over....this week for me as of right now will either be $310 or $2510 depending on how the delivery on the day after the holiday is paid....but then if its the $310, that means the this pay check will be over $4000 ...I do my best not to look at this business week to week but look at at the end of the quarter and only compare the quarter to last yr, not the previous quarter...

That being said, I'll put my numbers as in number of miles run, both loaded and dh, money made and and rate per mile up against anyone in the business....i know we are better then most all of them.....then add in the "perks" and no one touches Load 1. Thats why there is a waiting list to sign on and why more then a few "high profile" o/o/drivers that have been long term with other "major players" in the industry are now signed on with Load 1....it is what it is....

Last edited:

1expeditor

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ill say it again...look at your carrier...you getting paid to sit a few days? We do...you getting consistent loads out of ALL Texas/NM/Arizona border towns at over a dollar a mile...we do...are you asked to run for less then $.95 a mile? , not us....

Look at your carriers.....

OVM is right, waiting out the bs loads in Laredo is not a big deal...so you are there 3 -4 days sometimes...there are also thhe times that you can be in and out of Texas 3 times in one week and make over $4000 with less then 3800 miles...my last trip into laredo I was predispatch as was the driver going in behind me...we had 2 other trucks there , one got out within 36 hours the other i can't speak to because i haven't been in contact with him...

So you make $1500 going into laredo you sit for 48 hours maybe 72 and then you get a load out going to Detroit that payes another $1900 ..... yea i wouldn't ever sit in Laredo....:rolleyes:

As i have said in more then 1 post in this thread, please don't come down there, take Texas out of your Atlas....its all good...:D

shhhhhhhhh dennis dont tell all load1 secrets lol

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I dont need a lecture on how to look at the numbers. Ive been running my own numbers for a few years now. LoadOne is great. I do well here, but its not over the top all the time. I just wanted to inject a bit of reality into the thread. You and a couple others had a great week last week.

Excuse me!?? No one is lecturing anyone...When I post especially on this type of topic, it is for the masses, not 1 person...as a matter of fact, I really think you could probably tell/show me a few things on this industry since you have been doing it long then me and have run/owned more then just a under 10,000 gvw unit...

As for my numbers last week whichwere great (but not totally out of the norm for me and those of a few others ( which I can't speak to because I only know what they tell me or post here), I have consistently posted "over the top" numbers based on what my previous carrier was paying and from what drivers / o/o 's from other companies say when they SEE my numbers since being with Load 1....As i have said, I'll show my numbers to anyone that wants to see them..it all right there.... on Fleet Vison, just ask...

sirgregory46

Expert Expediter
I don't understand why you would say Bolt and FedEx are anything alike. One is miles one is percentage. I don't know where all this. Bolt has low rates comes from I have been running at a 1.00 for all miles my cv has run

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I don't understand why you would say Bolt and FedEx are anything alike. One is miles one is percentage. I don't know where all this. Bolt has low rates comes from I have been running at a 1.00 for all miles my cv has run

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

Bolt is famous for cheap load offers....especially the 50-60 cent per mile offers out of Laredo. Oddly enough, there are a couple of Bolt drivers here on the forums that seem to do well. I think Bolt was ChefDennis's previous carrier also.