Wow! Stuck in Texas for 3 days, gotta refuse loads down here from now on.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I had a great paying load to get out of TX before I even made it here. It seems like CV, ST, and TT are all moving in and out without a problem for most companies.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Yea, please don't come here...as i posted i was on my way back here for the 3rd time in 6 days..well i am now headin out loaded and the pay per mile is not cheap..and the miles are long and i have the entire holiday weekend to run them...and i was "pre-dispatched... and one of the other Load1 units on its way here, its also "pre-dispatched out, over 1800 miles to deliver "over there"....

Yea you can get here and sit a few days, pre-dispatch is not the norm, but around a holiday it happens alot...but not coming down to Texas because you sat 3 whole days....and then having to take cheap rates...sounds like a "carrier" issue to me....by the time i deliver Tues am, i will have run 4 runs in and out of Texas, less then 4900 miles and made over $6000 to the truck....all runs dispatched within 6 days....

I'll go to Texas anytime..TY Load 1....its all good....:D

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'm not trying to bash you Chef or the other Load One drivers but, you are all in sprinters and box trucks. The freight is better and the pay is higher for box truck loads. How many of these loads were over two skids. But that being said i'm impressed with the amount of miles you guys are getting out of Texas. I still don't have complete access to Ford or General Motor freight. It's going to take some time before I can see all of that but I can tell you there were double the amount of loads posted on Sylectus Friday and most of them were killer miles. Have a good weekend everybody and keep up the good work!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm not trying to bash you Chef or the other Load One drivers but, you are all in sprinters and box trucks. The freight is better and the pay is higher for box truck loads. How many of these loads were over two skids. But that being said i'm impressed with the amount of miles you guys are getting out of Texas. I still don't have complete access to Ford or General Motor freight. It's going to take some time before I can see all of that but I can tell you there were double the amount of loads posted on Sylectus Friday and most of them were killer miles. Have a good weekend everybody and keep up the good work!

My 3 loads were 2 CV loads 1 skid each and I sprinter type load....all paid nicely...:D

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Also Things have been picking up for my driver - the driver in my van. Eclipse Expediting, LLC one of the companies that I have my van leased on with is getting her loads for 95 cents to a dollar mile lately. I also got her a nice load last night for a dollar a mile and I gave her a 50 dollar bouns because I made more money off the load than usual.

What you see during the holiday period is exactly what you would see if half of the cargo van capacity just went out of business. You have so many people with the employee mentality who instinctively feel the need to take a long holiday weekend just because the rest of America is doing so and capacity shrinks.

This means it is an open feeding frenzey for all of those like Chef, OVM, My driver, Me when I was a driver who are working through the holiday and cleaning house! The loads are longer, going to more desiarble areas, the rates are inherently better, and even companies you've never heard of before are getting access to these brokered loads. Making money is all about opportunity, if you work when the others play, you will definitely bring home the bacon!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Also Things have been picking up for my driver - the driver in my van. Eclipse Expediting, LLC one of the companies that I have my van leased on with is getting her loads for 95 cents to a dollar mile lately. I also got her a nice load last night for a dollar a mile and I gave her a 50 dollar bouns because I made more money off the load than usual.

What you see during the holiday period is exactly what you would see if half of the cargo van capacity just went out of business. You have so many people with the employee mentality who instinctively feel the need to take a long holiday weekend just because the rest of America is doing so and capacity shrinks.

This means it is an open feeding frenzey for all of those like Chef, OVM, My driver, Me when I was a driver who are working through the holiday and cleaning house! The loads are longer, going to more desiarble areas, the rates are inherently better, and even companies you've never heard of before are getting access to these brokered loads. Making money is all about opportunity, if you work when the others play, you will definitely bring home the bacon!

You nailed it Bliz...make hay while the sun shines...kinda like a fireworks store being closed on July 4th...well DOH!!!

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Well, you guys are doing well. Perhaps getting the load from the source is the reason for that. I need to get more loads from the source but I need to have an office building before one of the major 3PL'S will allow me access to their boards. I also need to become a real trucking company which I am about to do in a month or so. It's time for a straight truck and tractor trailer fleet! No more toy trucks until I get the big trucks going. I think a lot of the 3PL's will be more willing to work with me once I have something more to offer then than the small tonka trucks!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
the 4 loads above were:

1) 2 pcs 632 lbs (on 1 skid)
2) 1 pc 500 lbs (48x48x35)
3) 1 pc 125 lbs ( 40x30x13)
4) 2 pcs 400 lbs ( 2 skids 35x30x24)

All CV loads that anyone could handle and none of them were cheap....and all automotuve freight...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, you guys are doing well. Perhaps getting the load from the source is the reason for that. I need to get more loads from the source but I need to have an office building before one of the major 3PL'S will allow me access to their boards. I also need to become a real trucking company which I am about to do in a month or so. It's time for a straight truck and tractor trailer fleet! No more toy trucks until I get the big trucks going. I think a lot of the 3PL's will be more willing to work with me once I have something more to offer then than the small tonka trucks!

Tonka truck indeed.....LOL....;)

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Tonka truck indeed.....LOL....;)

Let me tell you. Breaking into the expedite game as a carrier is like trying to become an actor in Hollywood. It's like trying to get a gig in show business. But once you get in "if you can manage not to screw it up" you can do quite well in it. Thank god for my hard head. Without a hard head and a thick skin i'd have already shut down my operations and moved back into my cargo van. lol

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter

Soooo mant excellent points in that responce...Sure id like to be home with my wife, kids and grand kids...but while i do this for the vacation it provides, I still do it to make money....you run when the freight runs....

Blizzard, I have always been impressed with how you did things even when you were out here with Bolt...Your move to the desk side shows that with the right attitude and work ethic you can do good on that end also...You are doing a good job and are moving slow, but steady growth ....congrats....:)

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'm learning a lot here with this company. There is a steep learning curve in any business and the carrier side is a lot harder than the good old days when all I had to do was pick up and deliver on time. I had my driver on an all night run last night and I was up all night monitoring it and going over the contingency plan if anything went wrong.

Sometimes being behind the desk can be more stressful than being behing the wheel. I just can't see myself driving 17 hours straight when I get to be your guys ages. I'm going to telling the people with RV's at the truck stops that I done been there and did that and i'm so happy to be home 24/7. Plus being up 24 hours a day at least 2 times a week is easier to do from behind a desk. I don't have to worry about keeping my desk in between the lines.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Sometimes it's just like driving. I started work yesterday morning at 8 AM and didn't get to bed today until 5 AM this morning. I got a lot accomplished. Now I know what makes a true company owner - someone who is a work-a-holic.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
I think some carriers are playing games....in Jan....Laredo was swapped with vans...50 cent loads were flying out of there...this week not many vans there....some were STILL being offered 50 cent crap... all us Load 1ers got out for over a $1.00...

Yeah, but the other 1ers will get out for .70 LOL