Why we don't need liberals ideas

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
In light of the above quote I hereby change my stance on "open carry". Not only am I supporting "open carry", I'm like totally embracing it. I will no longer fear being crushed by a roll-away 18 wheeler whilst dining at a dangerous truck stop. I am prepared and will openly carry anywhere I damwell please. You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me?
OpenCarry_zps92fe4fcd.jpg

I reread that post, I don't believe I addressed it to you, or any other individual. I believe I just wrote what I was thinking and at least was trying to make an intelligent statement. I took my time to try to avoid some of my more goofy mistakes.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Why would one assume that if a person was to walk into a McDonald's with a pump shotgun, or any other long gun for that matter, that they were a ruffian? :confused: What difference, other than people don't like seeing them, is there between carrying concealed or open? If one carries a concealed handgun are they a "ruffian" or does concealing negate the idea of ruffian? In that case, if a time loser, conceals his stolen handgun, and walks into a store, is that loser a ruffian? Maybe he would only be a ruffian if he did not conceal it. That would make sense.
Ruffian or non-ruffian, it is not part of our culture or way of life to allow long guns to be carried openly in restaurants, shopping centers or similar public places. We have a tenuous hold on the 2nd admendment. Let's not allow overzealous gun enthusiasts to tip our rights away.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The one on top is just looks so much more badass, and is the style most everyone wants now.
That's exactly it. Tactical, tactical, tactical... Tactical rifle, tactical knife tactical flashlight. You can even buy a titanium tactical drinking straw for $60. "Tactical" provides the bearer (and buyer / owner / fondler) a woody whereas "regular" does not.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ruffian or non-ruffian, it is not part of our culture or way of life to allow long guns to be carried openly in restaurants, shopping centers or similar public places. We have a tenuous hold on the 2nd admendment. Let's not allow overzealous gun enthusiasts to tip our rights away.

What part of the Constitution allows you to stop it?

The ENTIRE Constitution is in trouble and the actions of a few people are not going to change that. As long as the Republican and Democrat parties are in power, NOTHING will stop the demise of our freedom. We will, at some point in the not to distant future, have to fight to either maintain or regain what is our birthright.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That's exactly it. Tactical, tactical, tactical... Tactical rifle, tactical knife tactical flashlight. You can even buy a titanium tactical drinking straw for $60. "Tactical" provides the bearer (and buyer / owner / fondler) a woody whereas "regular" does not.

I love pyschobabble, don't you? How is a semi auto rifle, one that can be set up for deer, target, wild boar, varmint hunting, home defense and just plain plinking, "badass"? AR rifles are ergonomically easier to handle and shoot accurately. They have less perceived recoil across of of their calibers compared to the same caliber in a "less offensive" looking rifle which has allowed women, children and men with bad shoulder to hunt with reasonable hunting rounds without the problem of excessive recoil. They are easier to repair. Just about all parts are interchangeable, which keeps long term cost of ownership down. They are easier for a novice to build and customize on their own.

That "badass" mini-14 is NOT an AR to begin with. It is not capable of 1/10th of the variations of an AR style rifle. It's not even a very good or a very accurate rifle.

The sporting uses of the AR are as numerous as those of "regular" (whatever that means) rifles are.

There is no place for psychobabble in serious discussions. No one can dispute any of the above statements about the AR style rifle. They are fact.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I love pyschobabble, don't you? How is a semi auto rifle, one that can be set up for deer, target, wild boar, varmint hunting, home defense and just plain plinking, "badass"?
The same way that a $60 drinking straw is badass and a bendy straw is not. The same way that a flashlight with the Kung Fu Cigar Ring Grip and flip-down night vision red filter is badass, because it also includes the clicky clicky tail clicky instant blinding strobe light feature. The same way that a $900 EDC (every day carry) tactical knife is badass and a Swiss Army Knife that does the same thing is not. One gives you a woody and one does not.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The same way that a $60 drinking straw is badass and a bendy straw is not The same way that a flashlight with the Kung Fu Cigar Ring Grip and flip-down night vision red filter is badass, because it also includes the clicky clicky tail clicky instant blinding strobe light feature. The same way that a $900 EDC (every day carry) tactical knife is badass and a Swiss Army Knife that does the same thing is not. One gives you a woody and one does not.

I have NO idea what you are even talking about. I have NEVER been "given a woody" by an inanimate object. I have NO idea if YOU have ever been given a woody by an inanimate object but that this is something I REALLY don't want to know.

I guess the psychobabble makes it easy to ignore all those actual facts about AR style rifles.

I can't write the rest, it is BEYOND funny, BUT, them MoDuLaToRs would be ALL over it like white on snow! :p

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Re: Why we don't need liberal's ideas

What psychobabble are you taking about? Do you even know what psychobabble is?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

All this BS about connecting sexual arousal of the male of the human species by certain types of inanimate objects is pure BS, except maybe in the case of a few, and likely very rare, sexual deviations, none of which I know the name of if they even exist. Those who are excited by inanimate objects would likely know more about that than normal people would.

That "idea" is just floated by many who have no idea about what they are talking about and use mostly made up BS to fortify their hair brained beliefs. (OR, just putting out a bunch of stuff to continue a dead thread)

AND THEN there is this

Psychobabble (a portmanteau of "psychology" or "psychoanalysis" and "babble") is a form of speech or writing that uses psychological jargon, buzzwords, andesoteric language to create an impression of truth orplausibility. The term implies that the speaker or writer lacks the experience and understanding necessary for the proper use of psychological terms. Additionally, it may imply that the content of speech deviates markedly from common sense and good judgement.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

That's what I thought, you DON'T know what psychobabble means, as no one here used psychological jargon, buzzwords or esoteric language.

Saying that someone gets a woody over an assault rifle does not mean they actually get a true blue, blood engorged sexual penile erection over an inanimate object. Sheesh, what's wrong with you? It's a euphemism for someone who gets really, really excited. The same way you get hop up and down happy over the prospect of going duck hunting or fish fishing.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

That's what I thought, you DON'T know what psychobabble means, as no one here used psychological jargon, buzzwords or esoteric language.

Saying that someone gets a woody over an assault rifle does not mean they actually get a true blue, blood engorged sexual penile erection over an inanimate object. Sheesh, what's wrong with you? It's a euphemism for someone who gets really, really excited. The same way you get hop up and down happy over the prospect of going duck hunting or fish fishing.

I don't hop up and down about anything, my knees cannot take it! :p

As you WELL know, the AR 15's sold on the civilian market are NOT assault rifles. They are in every way, just ordinary semi-auto rifles. They use a modular design, with almost 100% interchangeable parts. They are versatile. They can be used for hunting varmints through game as large as wild boar, and even elk, with the use of the proper calibers and ranges. That can all be accomplished with one, basic, design, one basic interchangeable, lower unit, and multiple upper assemblies.

I have NEVER met ANYONE who got a "woodie", fictional or otherwise, over an inanimate object. I have NEVER seen a adult hop up and down with excitement over an inanimate object. I HAVE seen MANY men, and women, (in the case of women they are not capable of ANY kind of woodie, fictional or otherwise) who were impressed by, able to enjoy, any number of inanimate objects, like cars, saws, hammers, shotguns, food processors, in other words, any number of types of tools.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

"hop up and down happy"....
Also a euphemism.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

"hop up and down happy"....
Also a euphemism.

I don't need euphemisms, my life is just fine with my real experiences.

None of this changes the FACTS that I have posted about the AR style rifles compared the the sack of BS that is spread about them on a regular basis. None of this changes the fact that, while they may be counter-productive, the demonstrations we are seeing are only going to increase, and someday likely to become violent, as long as the government continues to spew those lies in their drive to disarm the American People. The more they clamp down the greater the push back will be.