Why does the Census cost 14 billion?

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I'm sitting here reading the newspaper today and an article on the census really makes me think.
The cost of the Census is predicted to be 14billion up to about 30 billion, depending on how many people answer the forms mailed to them.
Every American citizen has a Social Security number from birth now. So why can't they count the number of people with a number, add the number of people with work visa's or other types of visa's and be done with it? I would say over 95% of people have an address that they could track, if that is the info that is needed. Illegal aliens are not going to answer the forms or the people coming to the door. Seems to me it is a tremendous waste of money. Am I missing something here?

Rhodes101

Not a Member
That does seem a tad high doesn't it. If there are roughly 350million to count times 10 bucks per person would be an awful lot and thats only 3.5 Billion.

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
The last I Heard Was No He Wasn't Using them and that the IRS Refused to Use them! However, I wouldn't put anything Past the Pant Load In Chief and his "Sneaky ways"

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The last I Heard Was No He Wasn't Using them and that the IRS Refused to Use them! However, I wouldn't put anything Past the Pant Load In Chief and his "Sneaky ways"

I had not heard much lately. Are they still going to get coordinates on every house? Oh how I hope I am here when they try trespassing on my property to get it.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I had not heard much lately. Are they still going to get coordinates on every house? Oh how I hope I am here when they try trespassing on my property to get it.

Just because they knock, does not mean you have to answer. I love the people who knock on my door, with the big no soliciting sign on it. I open the door and ask "can you read":)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yep, I know, but that is not my style. I will run them off my property if I am here. They have no legal right to come onto my property for any reason unless they have a warrant. I cannot see a judge issuing a warrant for that. I might even try having them arrested for trespass. That would be FUN!!!

Rhodes101

Not a Member
So you are refusing to answer the census? You fraid those dirty revenuers are gonna find your still or something? State funding is based on population, in case you did not know it.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I heard that the GPS coordinates are already done, they did them from the edge of the driveway a few months ago is what i was told.....as far as answering a mailed census, i'll answer what they are entitled to, the number of people living in the home, nothing more, and there is a whole lot more......

As far as using acorn, I also heard that the irs wouldn't work with them as a "group".....so they just had their people apply for the jobs on individual basis...........

You knew that the fix was in when barry took it over and made it a part of his oversight.....

Darmstadter

Veteran Expediter
Nice pinpoint accurate forecasting there 14 - 30 billion.

It'll cost that much just because of how inept the government is. It took us a year and a half to get a birth certificate from Wayne county---because they couln't wrap their heads around the fact that he wasn't born in a hospital.

They should be able to track it just off of the # of active SSN's, but i they did that they wouldn't be able to pad unemployment figures.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
If they were just to count people, sex of said people..but they do so much more outside their original mandate...

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Why?

Because no one thinks in the government. The use of cutting edge technology has a price - the government wants to streamline the process to count people so congressional districts can be re-written quickly and that leads to the mentality that they have to find the technology and then pay for the development of it.

This tied with the problem of management of a system that is controlled by the union mentality ("WHAT ME WORK?") causes the cost to skyrocket.

I say lets consider outsourcing it to say Google, let them come up with a system that is easy to deal with and make it affordable for us.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I heard that the GPS coordinates are already done, they did them from the edge of the driveway a few months ago is what i was told.

Do GPS coordinates move with time???
Property lines where mapped out years ago..I thought all property description where on the tax bills we receive twice a year.. I had mine surveyed bout 3 years ago,,the guy showed up with a lil dome attached to a stick and located the irons in the ground that where buried app 30 years ago and he was just working off my description of property from my summer tax bill..took him less then 2 hours to do the whole property..

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So you are refusing to answer the census? You fraid those dirty revenuers are gonna find your still or something? State funding is based on population, in case you did not know it.

Where did I say I was not filling out the census? I just said that they will NOT be allowed on my property. I will answer the only questions that should be asked, how many live at my house. That is all they need to know. I don't have a still. I do know about state funding etc. 2 people live at our house. That is the information they require. Nothing more is needed. They don't need to know how many bathrooms etc. Nor do they need a GPS assisted location. You can do what ever you please.