Why decent people HATE cops, Chapter 10,310

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That is enough...some of you members really showing your class...the name calling and hatred shown....

Just curious as to why you closed the thread: Why decent people hate cops, Chapter 10,309, citing name calling and hatred shown after 107 replies. Did you miss the word HATE in the thread title? Did you expect this thread to deviate from the logical course it was bound to follow from its title and the very first post? Could you expound on your reasons for waiting for 107 replies before shutting it down, instead of after the first or second post? Just curious, that's all.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Give im a break, he's a slow reader, ok?
:rolleyes:
I'm just glad it got shut down before Humble psychoanalyzed AMongerel's hatred of abortion - that would have been truly ugly.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Just curious as to why you closed the thread: Why decent people hate cops, Chapter 10,309, citing name calling and hatred shown after 107 replies. Did you miss the word HATE in the thread title? Did you expect this thread to deviate from the logical course it was bound to follow from its title and the very first post? Could you expound on your reasons for waiting for 107 replies before shutting it down, instead of after the first or second post? Just curious, that's all.
We made every effort to let it evolve back to civility on it's own, but all it did was devolve into something worse.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
We made every effort to let it evolve back to civility on it's own, but all it did was devolve into something worse.

the-blob-1dwy.jpg

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Because if they didn't there wouldn't be an opportunity for pot stirring for the 10,311th time?

whistler

Active Expediter
Decent people don't hate cops. Those who do hate cops, more times than not, have done something at a point in their lives which warranted a cop to admonish them in some way. In short, statistically speaking, you brought it on yourself.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Decent people don't hate cops. Those who do hate cops, more times than not, have done something at a point in their lives which warranted a cop to admonish them in some way. In short, statistically speaking, you brought it on yourself.

Sometimes people cast a large net when they feel that the police have over extended their reach, they feel like the cops should ignore laws or court rulings that they do not agree with. I have mentioned my past indiscretions that caused me to have contact with the police but I never hated the cops, I just didn't want to get caught. I don't hate cops now but I do feel that they are violating our rights because the citizens have allowed the courts to say it is legal.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Because if they didn't there wouldn't be an opportunity for pot stirring for the 10,311th time?
Obviously. Everything about the OP says it's a PM. Why it was posted in public, and not sent via a PM, I can only guess. But it seems fairly obvious. One person's "just curious, that's all," does not a proper on-topic Soapbox thread make. So with that, if anyone is still curious, they can take it up in a PM or in the Website and Support Services forum where this thread has been moved.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter

Never been in any sort of legal trouble. Just love the Bill of Rights and hate those that trample it, and try to make themselves our masters, when we are theirs.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Never been in any sort of legal trouble. Just love the Bill of Rights and hate those that trample it, and try to make themselves our masters, when we are theirs.
No, no. You misunderstood completely. We're not going to continue that conversation here in Web Site and Support Services. A little decorum, common courtesy and intelligence, please.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Obviously. Everything about the OP says it's a PM. Why it was posted in public, and not sent via a PM, I can only guess. But it seems fairly obvious.
It seems fairly obvious because it is fairly obvious. I wanted a more detailed explanation of why that thread was shut down and I thought with 107 replies it should be of interest to all so I started the thread and asked the question out in the open space of the Soap Box for all to see, rather than a p.m. I wanted, ah what's that current buzzword? Transparency, yeah that's it. I wanted to indulge in a little of that transparency stuff.

I do appreciate your kicking my thread down the stairs into the basement rather than completely deleting it or locking it. Its a start on that transparency thing that is so much the rage these days.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
It seems fairly obvious because it is fairly obvious. I wanted a more detailed explanation of why that thread was shut down and I thought with 107 replies it should be of interest to all so I started the thread and asked the question out in the open space of the Soap Box for all to see, rather than a p.m. I wanted, ah what's that current buzzword? Transparency, yeah that's it. I wanted to indulge in a little of that transparency stuff.

What's this I WANTED stuff.......haven't you been keeping up with the latest trend around here since the last Change of Moderators???

Hahahahaha............................

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I'm not sure how this thread was moved here. There are no moderator comments on it so it may have been in error. This will be moved back to the Box.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Back to topic real quick.......I see WHY the original thread was closed......

Go read the last 4-5-6 posts......it was heading SOUTH with the name calling......the discussion was pretty much done.......so it was closed. Not that what I say really matters tooo much around here....but I have no problem with the Mods decision to close it.........

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

I do appreciate your kicking my thread down the stairs into the basement rather than completely deleting it or locking it. Its a start on that transparency thing that is so much the rage these days.
There is no transparency here with regard to moderator and administrator actions. Section 11 of the Code of Conduct makes that abundantly clear with, "Likewise, discussions regarding moderator or administrator actions are not permitted on the forum." The only transparency we have here is the that everyone agreed to abide by the Code of Conduct when they signed up. I don't make the rules, but I do try and follow them. A consensus was reached by administrators and moderators on locking the thread and, so far, keeping it locked. That consensus need not be transparently justified to the membership at large. You might possibly, however, get your curiosity satisfied by asking the same questions in a PM, since nothing in the Code of Conduct prohibits such discussions in private.

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
You might possibly, however, get your curiosity satisfied by asking the same questions in a PM, since nothing in the Code of Conduct prohibits such discussions in private.

Finally, a common sense solution. :cool:

Hey Moot. When you get your answer by pm can you pm me and let me know?
Then I will pm Tenneseeahawk and he can pm LDB and he can pm . . .

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
Back to topic real quick.......I see WHY the original thread was closed......

Go read the last 4-5-6 posts......it was heading SOUTH with the name calling......the discussion was pretty much done.......so it was closed. Not that what I say really matters tooo much around here....but I have no problem with the Mods decision to close it.........

I felt that we were really making some positive progress in posts 94 and 95 when a group hug was called for.
All interventions have some anger and name calling but when you follow through with it you eventually find love and understanding.
Now I fear that we may never get together for that hug which is a terrible injustice.
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.