Who's staying out this weekend?

ericmoss37

Seasoned Expediter
I have a couple drivers that are not going to make it home this weekend. Who else is staying out? Panther just sent out a fleet message for some trucks to stay available. Does anything really move during a holiday weekend?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We are staying out but I don't know if that is smart. We have already turned down one load for Tuesday. It paid really bad. Layoutshooter

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'll be staying out. There will be some freight moving, a lot of it with delivery Tues morning. You just have to hope to snag one with some miles.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
i have had better luck from home this week than on the road so i am back home hoping for a tues load.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
We are staying out over the long weekend. There is no reason or need to go home.

Edit: Just got dispatched on a Tuesday pickup. Will be passing the long weekend in the area of the pickup. Bummer that the RV parks are full. kini lu, you rule!

Last edited:

dcalien

Seasoned Expediter
Since I am about 2000 miles from home, I will probably stay out here. I have not been East of the Mississippi for about 3 weeks now. Some idiot keeps accepting loads going west. :D

Not much van freight out here that I can see.

I sure would like to go east for a change. Never thought I would say that.

kinilu57

Expert Expediter
We are staying out and running. Have a load from the EAST to southern CA. Just what we were hoping for. Here is wishing everyone a Safe and Happy Labor Day Weekend. HOPE YOU GET YOUR PARTY ON..

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'm going to! 3 months out, and the last chance to picnic in the park with the family. (And make fun of the uncles in shorts, lol) :D

ericmoss37

Seasoned Expediter
It would be nice if the team got a run out of Los Angeles delivering on Tuesday. They are delivering something to Warner Bros. Studios in Holywood for some movie.

moose

Veteran Expediter
It would be nice if the team got a run out of Los Angeles delivering on Tuesday. They are delivering something to Warner Bros. Studios in Holywood for some movie.

same place ,Years ago I have Del. the slot machine shown at ocean 13 !

We are staying out , Del. in Laredo in AM , if anyone is working the holiday ,then we are in a good spot ... i Think...

never mined the Cops , be aware of the Drunk Drivers , and try to stay away from driving 9 pm to 5 am ...

Have a nice holiday ...

Moose.

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
What luck!!! We finally got a run going close to home. First time in three months.

Delivers to Cocoa Beach tommorow am and we will deadhead home to Orlando.

Think we will get a run out on Tuesday????

Who can I bribe for one of those great runs to CA?

Have a safe one.

ThibodeauxBayou

Not a Member
I WAS gonna stay out this weekend......

GUSTAV has changed all that. We're pre-prepping the property
for a evacuation if needed. Not much we can do that we haven't
done before, board the houses up and pick up floatable stuff.

My Son and Nephew will take the trucks north stuffed with valuables that the Wives deem valuable. Only so much stuff you can cram in 24'. Wives and the kids will follow the boys in their cars.

My father , brother and I will take our boats either east or west.
As of yet, no indication of exact travel path. We'll travel with a
flotilla of boats out of Morgan City [as usual] The 8th or 9th time we've fled like a bunch of Cubans.

So much for labor day.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
If that's not labor, I don't know what is!
Hope y'all come out in the sunshine, on the far side.
PS My elder daughter just bought a home in Deland, and is seriously wondering whether Fla was a good choice.....

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Deland huh? We almost bought a house there 20 years ago. Hubby and I grew up in that area...boy has it CHANGED! :eek:

We are staying out, truck repairs tomorrow morning, then Seville next week. Luckily we had a good running week...next week will be a bust.

Any of our fellow EO members going to be in Seville next week?

are12

Expert Expediter
We are home for our usual Labor Day party with family and friends but will be back to work on Wednesday.

I hope everyone has a great Labor Day!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm out but not running. I will be around Canton and Green most of next week and hopefully running again starting next Friday.

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
home here. put the brisket on the smoker at 0600 this morning and the ribs will go on at 0930....seen more freight move friday, then i have for a couple months...however even though mnay people are home, there not signing out!! the boards are still pretty full, within 300 miles of grand rapids....have a great weekend everyone...mmmmmmmm brisket smells good...