Who should run our country?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"First, it would not be politically possible to eliminate union representation. You would have to redefine or reclassify each job to even attempt such, then the courts would get involved in the end."

I don' think that this would be a problem for "Federal Government Jobs" or even government jobs in general. Everyone who works for the government is employed by the people, they should not be allowed a union for that reason.

When I joined the "Agency", part of DOD, I had to sign a legal document stating that I would not join a union or strike.

Just have all government employees sign similar documents. Like teachers for a start.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
First, it would not be politically possible to eliminate union representation. You would have to redefine or reclassify each job to even attempt such, then the courts would get involved in the end.

Not really, the federal employees are represented for collective bargaining by a little known executive order which up until 1962 didn't exist. It was payback by JFK for the unions who helped him into office. There is not one federal group that needs or even deserves union representation - they are civil servants, nothing more and work at the behest of the country. If there is no need for them, then they go find other work somewhere else.

To lay out a fair tax as so many call it sounds good but that would eliminate tax breaks for the rich who indeed create the most jobs.
Thus, I don't see that taking place.

This is something that baffles me. How can you have tax breaks when there are no taxes?

The "rich" don't pay income taxes to begin with, I wish the world would realize that. People who are uber-rich (you know the buffets and gates) should be the ones who are paying the most (an exception to my philosophy) but nevertheless they pay less than you do.

The fair tax levels most of the playing field, it gets rid of this idea that someone has to pay their "fair share" and lets you and I actually do more with our money.

Is it an easy sell?

Maybe, I can see if someone like a president actually starts pushing the issue, they can get it passed.

Simple solution.
You get a tax dollar you spend a tax dollar. We just need people with balls that can say no to the wasteful habits and the countless handouts.

Well that's all good and well, but it is where we need to actually do something more than say dollar in, dollar out. We need to get rid of this idea that the feds are there to do FILL IN THE BLANK and keep throwing money at problems.

I would cut across the board everything except military spending, I would do something different with the military, like stop funding R&D that doesn't produce but fill pockets with cash. That's a move that is needed, not a reconcilation between a WH and congress.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Exactly...WE the people own this country and decide whom we chose to run it...if they don't run it to our liking..we fire them...vote them out...

But for the most part we continue to re-elect the same type person whom we just voted out. As for the employee owned company thing, how come I never see a profit sharing check?

guido4475

Not a Member
I dont usually get involved or say much about politics, but I think it needs to be run as a business.Two people that come to mind as who I think would do well turning it around is the owner of Forbes magazine,and Lee Iacocca.

We need to stop worrying about other countries, and start worrying about us and our own problems here in our own country, firsthand. We hand out money left and right to everyone around us, but yet, we have so many problems here it isnt even funny.